"Men at Work" Man in Jail

2/16/2009 6:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Men At WorkThe guitarist from the '80s Austrailian rock band Men at Work ("I come from a land down under...") spent Valentine's Day in jail -- after the guy allegedly threatened somebody in a Hollywood home where he used to live.

Ron Strykert, one of the founding members of the band, was arrested by LAPD officers just before midnight on Friday on suspicion of making criminal threats -- a felony.

Strykert is still behind bars, being held on $50,000 bail. As for the alleged victim, cops won't say who it is, although were told the arrest wasn't over a domestic incident.

maggie

Jim B - who the hell ARE you??

2023 days ago

toofastforyou!

CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP

2023 days ago

Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President

Wow, I'm going to go to those links RIGHT NOW, Jim!

NOT!

What a frickin' loser.

2023 days ago

allen antrim

2023 days ago

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

My god this must have been a slow day at TMZ!

2023 days ago

MediaGuy

4. did the song go--"gave me a bite of his sandwich" or "gave me a knuckle sandwich" ?

Posted at 7:25PM on Feb 16th 2009 by allen antrim

The song went "He gave me a bite of his vegimite sandwich" - Vegimite(sp?) is a spread of vegetables that is found in the land of OZ.

2023 days ago

blues fan

For what it's worth, the song went "He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich".

2023 days ago

Biased information

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
"Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder." George Washington

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." Thomas Jefferson

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." James Madison

"An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory." Millard Filmore

"We have nothing in our history or position to invite aggression; we have everything to beckon us to the cultivation of relations of peace and amity with all nations." Franklin Pierce

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" Abraham Lincoln

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce." James Garfield

"We Americans have no commission from God to police the world." Benjamin Harrison

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." Woodrow Wilson

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort." Franklin D Roosevelt

"If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity." John F Kennedy

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." Gerald Ford

"The best way to enhance freedom in other lands is to demonstrate here that our democratic system is worthy of emulation." James Carter

"America is too great for small dreams." Ronald Reagan

2023 days ago

tuna marie

and this is news????????

2023 days ago

aimee

Pffft! You can't even spell AUSTRALIAN!

2023 days ago