"American Idol" -- TMZ Mole Strikes Again!

2/17/2009 9:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

American IdolOnce again, our TMZ mole has successfully infiltrated the set of "American Idol", where the first twelve contestants were rehearsing for tonight's live performance.

The big scoop: Two wannabes are busting out Aretha Franklin jams -- it's on!!! No word if they're rocking an over-sized hat to match.

According to our mole, Anoop had to restart his song 4-5 times because the band kept messing up. Danny Gokey was the best (the crowd loved him) and Casey Carlson was the worst, with a "Sarah Palin-esque type performance full of winks and poses."

Here's the final rundown for tonight's ep:

Jackie Tohn: "A Little Less Conversation" by Elvis Presley

Stephen Fowler
: "Rock With You" by Michael Jackson

Stevie Wright
: "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift

Danny Gokey: "Hero" by Mariah Carey

Angel

5 times because the BAND kept messing up?? Are you sure they didn't restart 5 times because ANOOP couldn't get it right no matter how the band changed it up to accomodate him? Get real!

1981 days ago

Rita

To #39 Johnnie.....I agree. Those are my favorites, too.
It makes me laugh to read so many 'who gives a crap'? posts by people who claim they don't watch the show, or they don't care, yet they care enough to comment on this story. If you really didn't care, you wouldn't take the time. Just skip the story and leave it at that....

2009 days ago

capesidelight

comment on #14, what about Kelly Pickler. She performed on the CMA this past year and she is good.

2009 days ago

MaMaMia55

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!

2009 days ago

Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President

Um, who the hell cares??

2010 days ago

What?

Err people who want to annoy people who still actually watch American Idol? XP

2010 days ago

purple

Um, so what, I'd rather see another Beckham snot rocket..........does TMZ get paid to push American Idol?

2010 days ago

rminva

Check your facts TMZ...there are still 36 wannabes in the game.

2010 days ago

kate

NOT a mole..the contestants songs were released on iTunes 6 hours ago. Most Idol fans knew what songs were being sung :)

2010 days ago

toofastforyou!

F........ oh,dang it to hell

2010 days ago

Carrys F.

Man, tmz, you are doing some hard-hitting journalism. I bet it's like getting close to the White House, getting into that American Idol. Or maybe they just let anyone claiming to be a journalist in. I mean, tmz let's just anyone work for them, after all!! Ha. ha.

2010 days ago

rminva

I see "final" has been changed to first now....

2010 days ago

Ashlyn M.

#4 - read carefully - they quoted it as the first 12, meaning there is more than just 12...

2010 days ago

Mrs Joe Jackson

So you A-Holes would rather ruin for people?

Frigging ruined lives, ruining it for others.

You suck.

P.S: Azzholes.. there is 36 on tonight... Fact check in isle 3...

2010 days ago

Kitty

TMZ, you were spot on. I am grading our Idol kids and I have already red marked Casey. Who does that?

2009 days ago