Mickey Rourke -- Comforted By Puppy Love

2/18/2009 12:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Following the loss of his beloved dog Loki yesterday, Mickey Rourke couldn't help but pet every pup that passed him by last night in NYC.

Click to view!
On his way out of dinner at the Waverly Inn, Mickey explained that his beloved Chihuahua died around 5:00 AM, but the saddened actor said he still didn't have the words quite yet to express how he was feeling.

Loki was 18.

Fannie

Treasure those memories of your loyal dog. I too lost my 13 year old black lab Spooky two weeks ago. When you lose
your pets, it's like one of your family members.

Mickey I hope you get yourself another dog, I know how difficult that will be, but I did it, his name is Hottie, and he lightens my pain. My hearfelt sympathy to you and your family.

2010 days ago

Buckz

#46
You are right. My first dog taught me a lot, and the only time he ever hurt me, he didn't mean to, for when he left, there was a Scottie shaped hole in my heart. I still remember to use what he taught me every day.

2009 days ago

jakk67

sorry mic , i know the pain lost 2 myself miss them every day.now i have 2 more dogs and got 2 cats since they left the best therapy.try www.petloss.com,great candle ceremony on monday nites.

2009 days ago

sherry

i had my taco for 19 years, they r like family,, sorry for ur loss mikey... god bless loki

2008 days ago

JOHN A. TATOIAN ESQ.

I am sorry for the loss of Mr. Rourke's pet dog. Like most artists & actors, Mr. Rourke is a deeply troubled, foul, abusive, irresponsible, substance abuser with an arrest record who would most likely be eating dog food at the local homeless shelter if not for the fortuitousness of a multiconglomerate's generousity (News Corp. Inc.). Unlike most artists & actor's, Mr. Rourke is not a hypocritical limousine liberal. Mr. Rourke has the integrity to let his actions follow his words.;)) God Bless Mickey Rourke.

2007 days ago

mila

i'm really sad that mickey lost loki. i actually cried because i know how much he loved that dog. poor mickey.... i love you, man! i've been a fan of yours for like 20 years. i really think you should've won the oscar....

2006 days ago

Mary

Mickey should check out www.iPuppyCam.com to watch the cute puppies...
Maybe he'll feel better... love those cute puppy streams!!

2001 days ago

Roxy

Poor guy. It is so hard to lose a pet.

2011 days ago

Jessica

That's so sad :(

2011 days ago

tom in Chicago

My Chance for the Oscar: Pity Vote!
Won't work, because your peers don't like you.
Maybe some botox will curb those Crocodile Tears...

2011 days ago

annie

hi mickey,i am so sorry for the loss of loki,i know you are heart broken,in the paper to day the aspca has 45 puppies from a puppy mill in texas,there were 400 of them,they have chihuahua,s maybe you could go and give one a loving and great home,i think loki would really like that,so sorry again

2011 days ago

Vicki in Canada

I feel for Mickey - I also have an old dog and am dreading the day - I know it's coming but you are never ready and ALWAYS heartbreaking...

2011 days ago

big_ghoti

Poor Mickey!! Now he needs to get another dog to share his life with. Hey Mick, Khloe Kardashian is available. Just a thought.

2011 days ago

annie

so sooy for loss

2011 days ago

Zoya

I think Rourke is the type of person who relates better with animals then people. He is a odd ball only in the sense he has early on fought against going with the Hollywood machine compare him to what he looked like when he first started he has done almost everything he can do to seperate himself from what hollywood expected him to look like. Poor guy well atleast he gave the dog a good home

2011 days ago