Mickey Rourke -- Comforted By Puppy Love

2/18/2009 12:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Following the loss of his beloved dog Loki yesterday, Mickey Rourke couldn't help but pet every pup that passed him by last night in NYC.

Click to view!
On his way out of dinner at the Waverly Inn, Mickey explained that his beloved Chihuahua died around 5:00 AM, but the saddened actor said he still didn't have the words quite yet to express how he was feeling.

Loki was 18.

whateveryousay

What a wonderful life you provided for your pooch. RIP poochy.

2012 days ago

chromeheartsgirl

Losing Loki is like losing your best friend. I'm sorry Mickey I hope your heart heals gracefully XOXO

2012 days ago

northern gypsy

when i had to put our family dog down (brain tumor)...
my son (who was 28 at the time) and i cried like babies !!!
don't have a lot of pictures at my bedside...but...i do have one of chew (my dog) !!!

2012 days ago

Who Caresss!!!

How sad. Seriously if he wasn't an actor he just be a homeless person wandering the streets for a meal. Even the dogs feel sorry for him.

2012 days ago

???????

18 YEAR OLD HUMAN YEARS....126 YEAR OLD DOG YEARS....NOT BAD FOR LOKI TO SHARE WITH MICKEY....
Grieve for sometime...then move on...Mickey has other dogs who needs his attention too.....

2012 days ago

lawoman

So sorry for him! That's so difficult! Love Mickey....he's a good guy! 18 years is such a long life together. Bless his heart.

2012 days ago

Janimal100

My heartfelt sympathies go out to Mickey Rourke on the loss of his beloved pet Loki. Those of us who love our pets as much know what he is going through. I've always loved Mickey as an actor and when I saw him with his dog at the awards and on The View, etc., I loved him as a kind soul who took great care of Loki.

2012 days ago

Jeanne Garwood

My heart goes out to Mickey, I lost the love of my life two years ago. My cat Muffin was 18 years old also, a new kitten did help but Muffin will always be the love of my life. My thoughts are with Mickey. You will meet Loki again on the Rainbow Bridge, where every animal you have ever loved comes to meet you as you journey to the afterlife.

2012 days ago

Kitty Angel

I feel your loss Mickey .. I lost a pet after 20 years and it was very difficult. RIP Loki.

2012 days ago

mss

#29
The idiot here is is not Micky. How secure he must be with himself to own a small dog.

So sorry for the loss. A pet is the most wonderful thing in the world. While he does have several dogs, each one is special and can never be replaced.

R.I.P. little fuzz ball.