Mickey Rourke -- "She Fell Asleep in My Lap"

2/19/2009 1:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just as Mickey Rourke described his final moments with his beloved 18-year-old Chihuahua, the grieving actor looked up at the sky to gather his thoughts -- you know, since all dogs go to Heaven.

Mickey Rourke: Click to watch
RIP Loki.

PAP HATER

Sincere and heartfelt sympathy to you Mickey on the loss of your beloved pet. Anyone who has ever owned a pet knows how quickly they become members of the family and how heartbreaking it is to lose one. To those who make or have made fun of his loss..you are pathetic in the extreme.

pebbles

I am not really a fan of his, but good grief, leave it alone already! Let him grieve his dog in peace!

*****Guy******

The Rainbow Bridge

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

gizmo

i just LOVE this mickey rourke!!!!!!!!!!

Rollin

For all of us who have lost a beloved pet, Mickey, I know what you're going thru. Please consider getting another pup to replace Loki and share your love with a new puppy. BTW, I thought the Wrestler was great as I saw it twice. Good Work.

Wanda W.

Im sorry about his doggies demise,but people............. HE STILL IS CREEPY TO LOOK AT.........EEEWW!!!!!

Andrea

#20 - Mickey is nominated for Best Actor and Heath is nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Here's hoping they both win.

RIP Loki.

GypsyLaura

I still am sad at the passing of my 17 year old. It is hard. They are like children.
This is not a time to be cruel.

Tim

Mickey, God Bless you and your beloved Loki.

lots o'pinion

TMZ- YOU SUCK.

concerned

I agree, it's just wrong to make fun of anyone that is grieving, whether it's a pet family member or not. All I have to say is that what you reap you sow, so those that laugh, watch out, your heartache is on the way.
If Mr. Rourke is reading this (which I doubt) I hope you know that us pet owners understand and pray for you right now. 18 years is a long time to love and then lose that love. I have two little dogs, both are like members of my family and I will grieve them when they pass. Take care Mr. Rourke, you are winning people over left in right recently, with your talent, and now with your heart. I would love to see you hang with a great bunch of people that will bring you higher and not down. You seem to be such a deep spirited man and I wish you all the best.

TELLYMAE

awww poor guy....he is still ugly as hell though

Diana

My dog, McSpot, was 'woman's best friend' and I miss him terribly. He made my life better with just his pure joy for being alive - I wish I was more like him! So, I know what Mickey Rourke meant when he talked about how the dogs were with him through it all. It's true. I am sorry for his loss but glad that Loki had such a loving home.

Tazandra

TMZ won't apologize about their tasteless and rude segment on their lame t.v. show about Mickey Rourke losing his beloved pet. Just another day of mockery and unkind comments from the knuckle draggers "working" at TMZ. Have none of these bozos ever lose a beloved pet?

Susan

For gosh sakes TMZ must you always make fun of people when they are truly suffering. Pets bring such comfort to so many people!!! Sometimes you guys amaze me with your insensitivity!!! Lay off will ya?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments