Mickey Rourke -- "She Fell Asleep in My Lap"

2/19/2009 1:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Just as Mickey Rourke described his final moments with his beloved 18-year-old Chihuahua, the grieving actor looked up at the sky to gather his thoughts -- you know, since all dogs go to Heaven.

Mickey Rourke: Click to watch
RIP Loki.

I said it

It's a dog people. A DOG......

Jbo

My DEEPEST sympathies to Mickey! I have LOVED him since 9 1/2 weeks. He's had some tough breaks and I truly believe he deserves the recognition he is getting - and hope he is honored with an Oscar on Sunday! His love of his dogs was limitless and this is what made him such a teddybear in my mind.

I wish him all the luck and success in his renewed future!

pattie in cali

thats very true we love our animals, i have a 19 year old dog, daisy, shes the love of our life, i have a 10 year old lab, she is the love of my life, we have 3 cats, they are our life, we have birds, fish, turtle, all these animals are our life, we live for them, they give us everything back, pure love, BLESSINGS MICKEY, i know your baby means everything to you, animals are good for the soul,

honest t

During the lowest part of his life that dog gave him unconditional love. You can tell he is hurting now but I gurantee you he is a better person from having had that dog in his life. The power of unconditional love is amazing and when he thanked his dogs after winning the Golden Globe it showed how much he cared about them.

Glad to see him back.

Tracy

I adore Mickey and think he's a class act and my heart goes out to him for the loss of his beloved dog. TMZ on the other hand has no class when they can poke fun at someone elses pain!

Not-A-Fan

Anyone who is cold enough to say "get over it, it was just a dog (or cat)" obviously has never known the unconditional love a pet returns to its owner.
My heart hurts for Mickey Rourke, I know the pain all too well. He needs time to grieve and his loss is as real as anyone's who has lost a human being they happen to love.

Lisa-Centereach

It is sad and I hope people do not make fun of it. Many individuals who go through recovery, often find solace in their pets. Average people feel sorrow when they lose a pet and this is no different. He was a gentleman who was once down on his luck and took comfort in his four legged friends.

MORGANS WOODSHOP

YOU GUYS ARE LAME FOR MAKIN LIGHT OF THE LOSS OF THIS MANS DOG. AND THAT OLD MAN WHO RUNS THIS SHOW LOOKS LIKE A FOOL IN CHARGE OF A BUNCH OF EMPTY HEADED GAWKERS.

Lion Dioxnia

Just wondering why he'd name is dog Loki...the Norse god of trickery and deceit? jus wonderin'

ValoHalo

My cat is named Loki. I love my pets, and I know what Mickey is going through with the loss of a pet. I feel sad for Mickey, losing his beloved pet. TMZ its not funny at all to make fun of a grieving person.

alan brickman

Pets can always be your best friend in tough times..my heart goes out to him...

chris wells

hey mickey, just wanted to tell you how sorry we are for your loss.our 15 year old pitbull mix just died dec.11th. i wish i could say that it gets easier, but it doesnt. i like my pets more than i like most people that i know, they are more loyal. my husband and i have a newfoundland male dog, 5 championships on his fathers side akc with papers and the priviledgeto breed him. they are very big dogs but super sweet. if you want, you can have one of his puppies for free... no strings attached. we know you would be a great friend to him, and cool hand luke needs to get laid anyway. god bless you in your loss , let us know if you want a pup, and good luck at the academy awards.

AwesomeBods

Aaaawwwww! Poor Mickey!

lozeerose

Had to have two family chihuahuas put down after 21 and 18 years, respectively. Those little rats just grow on you. Small pups with big personalities! Sorry for your loss Rourke.

JADES

Hey i just think that poor Mickey man he lost his dog. Pets are like another member of the close family. And i have to agree with Harvey that snapped at that blonde guy. He meant that more metephorically and the blonde guy didnt get it. I think in that segment he looked like a douch for it. But yeah I hope Mickey becomes strong and who knows maybie get another companion along down the line.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments