We're Prayin' for Ya, Man

2/19/2009 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Swayze got onto a private jet at Van Nuys airport over the weekend, reportedly headed for his ranch in New Mexico along with his wife and mother.

Patrick Swayze

Allen

Never give up man, we love you best wishes

Gia

TMZ. Have a heart and some class and pull the moronic posts from this site!

My heart just breaks for this man and his family. He is an incredible talent and has always displayed a lot of class. Everyone should just say a prayer for him.

Moomsie

Patrick is a true gentleman, wonderful actor and loving husband (he has no children). He has faced cancer with a determination and fight that should be inspiring to everyone that reads about this gentle soul. He didn't quit smoking but in his interviews he realized that giving it up wouldn't change the outcome, nor delay the outcome of what pancreatic cancer is doing to him and ultimately going to do to him. He knows that it was a contributing factor to getting this hideous disease but because he was diagnosed at Stage 4 there was no turning back. In his interview he said that "I'm going through so much that they calm me down". Don't agree with his decision but I will always love this man. My thoughts and prayers are with you Patrick & Lisa as you continue to fight the fight. (Lisa should contact Jai Pausch since Jai just lost her husband Dr. Randy Pausch to the same hideous disease....lean on each other for support. Support helps.)

Bia

Stop smoking!

Radish_Not_Vic

I love Patrick Swayze! I pray for a miracle, he's an amazing actor and a real inspiration.. especially now with his battle. He only missed one day of shooting on Beast! How can I complain if I have a headache and don't show up for work after his amazing example!
Rock On Swayze!! We're all pulling for you!

ryder

god bless you pratrick i am praying for you and hope everything is ok

punknkat

Patrick, I wish you all the best, you can beat this!!

gurlsnguns

: * ( its sad to see him look like that!

Pablo Blanco

Are you sure this isn't a picture of a rapidly aging DJ Qualls?

friend

The strength you show the public is an inspiration to all !

primitiveprims

It is so sad to know that this great actor probably has maybe 2-4 months to live... My cousin had this same agonizing disease, the thinner they get, the less time they have...I am and always will be a Patrick Swayze fan....I enjoy his show THE BEAST ... if you have not watched it... you should... May God be by your side ..... forever....

Left broken wing

I completely disagree with his decision to continue smoking.

The excuses people are making for him that he was already in stage 4 and the cigarettes calmed and comforted him are terrible.

Patrick is a very strong man physically and mentally. If he gave up the nicotine, he could have had a chance to beat this.

By refusing to give them up, there was no chance.

My prayers are with him during this difficult time and I pray that he finds comfort and peace.

Comfort and peace is not found by smoking!!

honest t

We love you brother, hang in there and show the medical community and everyone else that it can be done.
Give others in your same situation now and in the future hope by kicking that cancers ass like a drunk bully in Road House.
Everyone is pulling for you!

JJ

God Bless you Sir......

Money Talks

First time we see a picture of Patrick looking sad. Not smiling. Which is understandable. I agree with Patrick to keep on smoking, it brought him pleasure and would change nothing at all about his illness. You are in our thoughts and we want to reassure you that there is nothing to fear but fear itself. Good luck to you. Here's looking at you kid !