We're Prayin' for Ya, Man

2/19/2009 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Patrick Swayze got onto a private jet at Van Nuys airport over the weekend, reportedly headed for his ranch in New Mexico along with his wife and mother.

Patrick Swayze

Karen

Patrick Swayze has always been one of my favorite actors, not least of all because he seems like he is a really decent human being. (Being extremely handsome doesn't hurt either.) I have nothing but admiration for how strong he has been through his ordeal. My prayers are with you, Patrick.

Walter

RIP Patrick.

Pieta

God help him.

kevin f

the world loves you patrick ! you are a brave human !

ctx

Palliative care at this point is his option. Pancreatic cancer is a thief in the night and the pain he is experiencing is severe. He will not be able to beat the disease but he embodies strength, character and courage. Not a single gossip to his name, stayed with 1 woman till the end, good work ethics, respectable actor. Somebody to admire and respect till the end. Our Prayers will be with you.

Cathy

My heart goes out to him. I will keep him in my prayers.

fsdfopieuprouit

my prayers are with patrick and family!

he sounds like a wonderful man, a real class act. he's had one of the longest, loving marriages in hollywood.
he's very talented, and it's just heartbreaking that he is so sick at such a young age.

why?

May God be with you Patrick, and ignore those senseless people that have no manners or respect.

Joel

Patrick,

To hell with what most of these people are saying. Love your work and love your attitude toward cancer.

Joel

Me

Continued best wishes and lots of prayers to Patrick and his family.

Ellie

Even though i find #3's comment to be ignorant and hurtful, it pales in comparison to #55's. To wish this type of disease on anybody is inexcusable, especially over a stupid comment that people should have read and dismissed for the garbage it was. It makes me sad that, after reading all the wonderful and thoughtful things posted, i have to come across such a hateful and disgusting comment as that. I hope you don't ever have to live through the pain of watching a loved one die of cancer, or any disease for that matter. I hope next time you think twice before wishing it on a total stranger for making an ignorant and uninformed comment.

Kate

Wow. I really can't say i'm totally surprised. My best friend's mom died from pancreatic cancer and it is a very ugly killer.
I really hope that he can hang on for a while. So sad, he looks so frail.
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner"

Oats

#55 - you're WORSE than #3. #3 was ignorant - you're evil.

#50 - somehow, I don't think his smoking habit would have made much difference at that point- let him have his vice at that point. When my FIL was in the hospital he asked my husband to buy him a pack of cigarettes - my husband refused. 3 days later he died of an abdominal aneurysm. I ALWAYS wish my husband would have bought him that last pack of cigarettes. Instead, he had to beg cigarettes off his vet buddies in the hospital - how humiliating for him. This is NOT the time to chastise him for smoking - he probably NEEDED them to cope with this.

Patrick - I love and adore you. Happy Journey and God Bless You!!!

American1

Wish him and his family well as things don't look very good at this point. Seeing this also confirms what I am starting to believe more and more with each passing day and that is there is no God. God is fiction! What God would put anybody through the horror of cancer or allow any of the other tragedies we see in this world.

PEPSI Generation