Rihanna's Camp Issues Statement

2/20/2009 7:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

RihannaReps for Rihanna released this statement today on her behalf:

"At the request of the authorities, Rihanna is not commenting about the incident involving Chris Brown. She wants to assure her fans that she remains strong, is doing well, and deeply appreciates the outpouring of support she has received during this difficult time."

Quizziemama

She probably can't say much until the legal process takes its course. Just a shame she has to hide herself away like she has, brave girl should be out and about, maybe makes it harder for her to come to terms with what has happened, emotional scars take longer to heal than the physical ones.

jfp

It's starting to look like she and her people are milking this for all it's worth. Now "I" want to slap her too!!!

Taytay

we got yo back girl!! Love from Oklahoma!!!

PEPSI Generation

THE Supremes white bread is back from 1966 and only here on TMZ,from the stonewall songs

dgjdg

I WANNA COMMENTJKHDGJDJGDGD

dgjdg

DUBBY HERE! YAAAY

christine

Sad that she has had her battered face at the top of TMZ page all night and day long for the world to see her pain and misery from that f*ed up night. That sucks TMZ! Prime example of selling your soul to the devil.

effinlady

people magazine has a pic of rhianna on the way to the airport... she looks back to normal... maybe if she stop trying to break dishes and cook something.. she wont have to worry about fighting a man...

Proud steroid user

I hope that this ass whoopin will somehow prevent her from making more " music " If neither her or Chris Black make " music " again, it'll all have been worth it.

BOOBOO

I WISH HER THAT BEST AND SHE NEED TO TELL THAT TRUTH ABOUT REALY HAPPEN SHE NEED TO SPEAK BECAUSE A REALMAN DONT DO THAT TO A WOMAN AND ONLY BACAUSE HE IS SORRY A DONT THING SHE IS GOING TO FELL SORRY FOR HIM

yourekiddingright

So sorry this happened to you. But I hope that after all is said and done that you will step up and become the voice for ALL people in abusive relationships. So many times we try to cover up the abuse out of shame or misguided thoughts that it will stop and that He or She will "change" . They NEVER change without intense therapy and help, and many many people, men AND women have DIED as a result of a relationship gone wrong for whatever reason. Take cqare of yourself and know that there are people out here supporting and praying for you.

NJ

Being a victom of domestic violence myself this whole story bring back nightmares for me. I also was in my early 20s and in a committed relationship with someone I trusted who beat me up - police and an ambulence were called. I will have scares both emotional and physical for the rest of my life. Every time I look in the mirror I am reminded of it - the scars can not be totally erased. I am lucky that I have been able to afford plastic surgery . . . so far I have endured 3 separte surgeries since the intitial incident and that was over 20 years ago.

What the media has to understand is that this is a very tramatic experience and it is none of your business or ours what exactly happened much less show any photo. This beautiful woman is going thru so many emotions right now - she should be the one to decide if it is our business to see the photo's and the details.

Shame on you TMZ and I hope the person who leaked the photos get their punishment. You are vultures!

Lastly, I am posting this here because it is in the media that TMZ are the ones that got the photo and posted it.

Keepin' It REAL

I SWEAR YOU IDIOTS ARE TOO MUCH. WHEN CHRIS BOWN WAS QUIET ON THE SITUATION HE WAS A COWARD AND EVIL AND ALL KINDS OF THINGS. DIDN'T IT EVER DAWN ON YOU FREAKS THAT HE HAS A PENDING CASE AND THEREFORE HIS LAWYER WOULD ADVISE HIM TO NOT RELEASE A STATEMENT! FURTHER THE STATEMENT HE DID RELEASED WAS CAREFULLY WORDED AND DID NOT SAY I AM SO SORRY FOR BEATING RIHANNA DOWN. NOW NO ONE COMPLAINED THAT RIHANNA'S PEOPLE HAD BEEN SILENT ALL ALONG. CHRIS B.'S PEOPLE RELEASES A STATEMENT AND IT INFLAMES YOU ALL MORE AND FINALLY RIHANNA'S CAMP RELEASES A STATEMENT AND SHE GETS KUDOS? GIVE ME A BREAK! GEEZUS YOU PEOPLE ARE PUPPETS OF THE MEDIA! DID YOU SEEM TO FORGET FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS THE MEDIA REPEATED OVER AND OVER SHE HAD TWO BLACK EYES SWOLLEN SHUT, BLOODIED NOSE AND LIPS, BITE MARKS, CONTUSIONS. THE ONLY THING FROM THE RELEASED PHOTO THAT IS SHOWN TO BE TRUE THUS FAR IS THE BUMPS ON HER HEAD. SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT THE PICTURE DOES NOT INDICATE TO ME THAT SHE WAS "BEAT DOWN". I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES I'VE HAD PLAY FIGHTS OR WRESTLING MATCHES WITH MY BROTHER, COUSINS, BOYFRIENDS AND ENDED UP WITH BLOODIED LIPS AND NOSE, MARKS ALL OVER ME, BRUISES ETC. AND THEY WERE NOT INTENTIONAL. HER MARKS SHOWS SHE WAS IN A SCUFFLE. IT DOES NOT SHOW THAT CHRIS BROWN STOOD OVER HERE AND REPEATEDLY KNOCKED HER IN HER FACE. SO GET REAL ABOUT THE SITUATION AND USE YOUR BRAINS. IS IT A HORRIBLE SITUATION? YES! BUT DID THAT PICTURE PROVE THAT CHRIS BROWN "BEAT HER UP"? NO! THE MARKS COULD'VE BEEN FROM HER BEING ON THE OFFENSE OR THE DEFENSE, THERE IS NO EXCESSIVENESS IN MY OPINION SHOWN FROM THAT PHOTO! AND STOP BITCHING ABOUT TMZ RELEASING THE PICTURES, CLEARLY WITH OVER 3,000 COMMENTS YOU ALL WERE DAMN WELL INTERESTED IN SEEING IT. FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS ALL STORIES POSTED ABOUT CHRIS BROWN/RIHANNA HAVE BEEN THE MOST COMMENTED ON, NOW SUDDENLY YOU WANT TO RESPECT HER PRIVACY? A BUNCH OF FRIGGIN HYPOCRITES.

babydoll

DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!! So it's okay for her camp not to speak, but Chris gets criticized because he did not say enough in his statement? Wake up folks, it's called due process and the legal system. Neither side can talk about the incident in detail until the legal issues are resolved!

MiLkShAkE

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT SHE DID TO MAKE HIM HIT HER? CAUSE I KNOW CHRIS DIDNT HIT HER FOR NO REASON. IF A FEMALE EVER KICKED MY BRO BETWEEN HIS LEGS AND I'M NOT AROUND TO FIGHT FOR HIM...THEN I EXPECT HIM TO WHOOP HER A$$!!!! BUT NO BULL NO ONE KNOWS WHY HE HIT HER AND I THINK IF SHE GAVE HIM A STD OR KICKED HIM BETWEEN HIS LEGS OOOOR KEPT HITTING HIM WHEN HE SAID STOP...IS A GOOD ENOUGH REASON FOR HIM TO KNOCK HER OUT....THATS JUST HOW I FEEL(YES IM A FEMALE)....AND PLEASE PEOPLE STOP WITH THE B.S. THAT SHES A FEMALE BLAH BLAH BLAH CRAP...I'VE GIVE TWO GUYS IN MY LIFETIME THE BEST BEAT DOWN OF THEIR LIFE. JUST CAUSE SHES A FEMALE DON'T MEAN HER PUNCHS DON'T HURT. I'VE SEEN GIRLS THROW DOWN LIKE GUYS AND I'M ONE OF THEM....SO STOP HATING ON CHRIS UNTIL EVERYTHING IS OUT IN THE OPEN.