TMZ Would Like to Spank the Academy ...

2/22/2009 11:24 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Spank The AcademyThis Oscar Sunday, don't keep your comments to yourself. From the second the stars show up, TMZ is going interactive.

If you see something on Oscar Sunday that's "TMZ Worthy," don't be stingy -- pass your ideas on what they wear, how they act and how stupid the reporters are -- and it could make the front page of TMZ.com.

At 5 PM ET we're going live with your comments. All you have to do is click on the box in the right rail that says "Spank the Academy." At 5P ET you'll see a form where you can comment away!

So congrats, you've all been deputized as TMZ reporters for the day. Don't screw it up.

fire nina

i don't think anything can be more screwed up than posting a picture of a "battered" rihanna... so i'm sure everyone will do just a fine job.

but thanks for the exalted privilege anyway!!!

erin

Why did you make the statue a woman? To make it more spankable? Oscar is obviously a dude. That is disgusting. But predictable. Keep up the misogynistic crap, TMZ!

Ashley

Don't screw it up?... I thought that was the TMZ way? I'm just Sayin....

chicagogal11

I initially read the headline with out my glasses and I thought it said Spanx and I thought you were making fun of the women or men on the red carpet. (play on words)
You know those who have all the money in the world to spend for personal trainers, eating healthy,and plastic surgery yet cover themselves head to toe in Spanx so they can fit into their borrowed zillion dollar attire.
You know showing the rest of the world how fabulous they are when in fact they are flabby and out of shape like the rest of the world. They are just better at faking it.

Who Caresss!!!

Ohhh, please this oscar thingy will be a disaster. Imagine all the fake comments and "witness sightings". Good luck checking sources TMZ. If you need help, National Inquirer is on the newstands. haha!

Taylor

Don't screw it up? Why, because the TMZ staff has set the bar so high???

And "Spank the Academy"?? Classy.

Seriously, this used to be a 'must go to' site. What happened?

scum

Hopefully Ryan grows a brain this time around.

Vanilla Cokehead

Cute. I prefer to refer to the Oscar red carpet as the "Million Ego March" - if the swelled heads fit...

Lindsey

AMEN to the first commenter. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Splintter

I was wondering if I'm the only one thats disgusted with the choices for Best Picture! The only decent movie in that list was Benjamin Button. To not include Batman is just crazy. The fact that Slumdog could and prob will win is even more crazy. Course we all know how the Acadamy works anyways. I lost all faith and credit in these awards after they screwed LoTR for 2 years and was basically forced to give it to em in the 3rd which was in fact the worst of the 3 movies.

Ugh

If Heath Ledger does indeed win for best supporting, it will be honoring a drug addict who brought on his own demise. The Academy should not glamourize such destructive behavior. Besides, Aaron Eckhart gave a MUCH better performance in The Dark Knight.

vanessa Garcia

the "film" wrapped around your logo looks like measuring tape. I thougth TMZ was going on a diet.

oprah

You know what I love the most about TMZ? the way it gets most people...........you can see by reading the comments the anger on most of the people and how serious they take TMZ. And I think it is hilarious that TMZ does not give a crap about it....

For those of you who are still not aware because the Kool-Aid is still in your system, cool off a bit, this site is for entertaining only!

Michele

Watch for Angie Jolie-you can bet she'll wear something dark and drab looking as usual...

?

UMMM? HEATH LEDGER WAS NOT A DRUG ADDICT!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments