Patty Cake

2/23/2009 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 83-year-old resurfaced at an event in NYC on Sunday, looking all dolled up.

Patricia Neal

According to her autobiography, in 1950 Patricia had an affair with a then married Gary Cooper and became pregnant with his child. Patricia terminated the pregnancy.

While pregnant in 1965, Neal suffered three burst cerebral aneurysms and spent three weeks in a coma. The baby was born healthy. She later became a spokesperson for Anacin.

COMMENTS

Mike Moran

She's 83 ?!?! . . . Damn !!!

Catie

Love, love, love Patricia Neal!! She spoke one of the most remembered lines in films: "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"

Nelson

She's a class act. Has had an amazing life full of turmoil & tragedy...and still manages to be a genteel, eloquent lady. God bless her!

val

She had the baby and he was adopted presently living near the ocean in So California. He looks and is the size of his father Gary Cooper and was given up at birth. He ran for office not long ago but lost by miles. Roger is alive and his birth wasn't terminated.

Ding-Dang Y'all!

She's a living legend.

You should show some respect.

agree

WOW, how old is this crowd? I'm 50 and I've never heard of her.

Workinaway

Patricia Neal is a living legend and deserves the utmost respect from you paps. She is gracious and lovely to speak with. Old Hollywood at it's finest. Brangelina, with all their getup and hooha, and the rest of Hollywood's current crap will never match this kind of grace.

chrisa

great actress, always loved her stuff, but...
my mom is 82 and looks a 100x's better than that. no surgery, no make-up, just good genes.
the make-up makes her look like a corpse and that dyed hair OMG!

pie

Patty Cake – Sequel to “Sunset Blvd.” Patty would make a great “Norma Desmond” in a modern updated version of this classic film, but who is going to play “Joe Gillis?”

val

And, she looks awesome for a woman who was in a coma for weeks and almost died from a brain tumor when surgery was not successful then as it is today. She's a walking miracle. THERE WAS NOT AN ABORTION, THE BABY SHE AND GARY COOPER WAS NOT TERMINATED, AND HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE GARY COOPER, same face,and height and interestingly much like his personality even though he was adopted and his own mother more than likely didn't see him. BUT THAT CHILD LIVES AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE AND HE LOOKS JUST LIKE HIS FAMOUS FATHER.

JeanSummers_is_an_ass

#5 - agree. I too am 50, and I have known who she was ever since I saw The Day The Earth Stood Still when I was a kid. Great movie, great actress!

Al

What a classy actress. You go girl!

Papa Larry H

Great actress & one tough lady to go through what she had to & survive. She was married to the gentleman who wrote "Willy Wonka". Hang in there, Patricia!

harleybabe

I'm 43 years old and have always admired Patricia Neal. She was on Little House of the Prairie during a 2 episode arc and I remember her character was dying and she recited the most poignant line that I remember to this day. 'Remember me with smiles and laughter for that is that way I'll remember you all. If you can only remember me with sorrow and tears, then don't remember me at all.'

She was also the FIRST Ma Walton before Michael Learned took her place.

Chucky