OctoGrandpa: Nadya's "Mentally Not Complete"

2/24/2009 3:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The father of Nadya Suleman appeared on Oprah today -- and he flat out asked O if she could help get his daughter mentally evaluated, because he believes she's not all there.

Ed Suleman: Click to watch
Ed Doud, who's been shouldering the burden of 14 children with his ex-wife, OctoGrandma Angela, says he only has $100 in his bank account -- and choked back tears when he said he needs to leave the country, and his grandchildren, to get back to work "overseas."

He says he can only stick around for another one to two weeks -- then it's two less hands to help around the house, which could soon be on the auction block.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

L

Gramps: We didn't need for you to tell us that...we kind of had it figured out...but thanks for confirming it!

Chevy Girl

I feel really bad for the parents of the Octo-Freak. I'm sure they are torn on what to do about their crazy daughter. God Bless both of them.

carol

Some show las t night said Grandma got about $40,000 from some show for an interview she did - now where is that money going - she should be paying the back mortgage she owes before the home is foreclosed but if she did get money, maybe she is wasteful like her crazy daughter.

Lord Xenu

Nadya is Nuts? Yeah, we all figured that out some time ago. Now only if the nice men in the white coats would come for her and escort her to a nice padded cell and one of those cool jackets with the straps.

Wow

I wish they could give these babies to couples who are waiting and waiting for a child to be available for adoption. With most "unwanted" babies being aborted, there is a very long wait for that brave birth mother to let her baby live and go to a family that will love her.

The Observer

He must be really proud of her accomplishments and notoriety.

Roxy

His daughter is one of the best examples of a really selfish person. I cannot imagine anyone putting their parents through this kind of financial ruin and embarassment. I feel really bad for her parents - di she ever think they might like to retire and enjoy life?

Watchman

Man , I feel bad for this guy and his wife, seems like they've been emotionally blackmailed for a long time by this girl. This type of thing happens when you don't put your foot down though.

kara

This whole family disgusts me.......shouldn't he have been thinking about this 9months ago????????? or after the last 6 babies she had???? It is so clear that they were all irresponsible in this and living their "entitled life". So now she is going to get PAID for taking care of her own children that she greedily brought into this world. And the parents are in on it too. How is it they all have time to do interviews? it's because they are PIMPING BABIES....shouldn't that be against the law????????

Janet

This is their own reality show. They thought they would be a hit with everyone and that the world would want to see all of them talking about themselves. What's next??? They should all join the circus.

Divashels

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELL HIS OCTOPU**Y AND THE 14 TURDS WILL HAVE NO GRAMPY EITHER OH BOO THE HELL HOO....THE 14 LIL TURDS DONT NEED ANY OF THESE PEOPLE ANYWAY .................

n

How sad. Now its time for the State to step in and do their job. To remove those children from their mothers care until she is completely stable, mentally evaluated, and has proper shelter, clothes, and a JOB. Why it has taken the State all this time to step in and interveine I'll never know. I have lost faith in our system.

wtf

Talk about a scam. They have always said they were going to go to Oprah. There was already a press conference with that organization that was willing to help them and they turned their nose up at them.

amm

this family is a complete train wreck!

Ummmm...

I do not understand why before she had the 8 babies, they didn't kick her out of the house. I know they love their grandchildren, but they are the grandparents and shouldn't be raising them. I can see helping their daughter with one or two, but this many is crazy. No one can afford this many kids except for the really rich. I just don't understand her selfishness at all. How could she do this to her parents and to these poor kids. They have no chance in life and her poor parents have no chance in retirement. Plus she goes out and has obviously had plastic surgery, she gets her nails done, she buys expensive lip gloss and she doesn't work and has no husband. I just don't understand her at all. I am married and I work and only have 2 kids and I don't even get my nails done or buy expensive lip gloss. People just need to be responsible and she's obviously not and doesn't care about anyone but herself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments