Barack Obama -- No I Won't!

2/25/2009 1:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Barack ObamaWe've been calling the White House for the last day, trying to get a reaction from the Prez on our story about the lavish parties Northern Trust threw in L.A. last week. We finally got a statement back -- "No comment."

Remember, this is a bank that got $1.6 billion in bailout money and blew a wad of cash paying Sheryl Crow, Chicago, and Earth, Wind & Fire. And then there were the dinners, the Tiffany gift bags, the fabulous cocktail parties -- all from the bank that laid off 450 workers in December.

Obama was under fire for a mortgage he got from Northern Trust back in 2005. Obama got a 5.625% rate, which was lower than the going rate of about 6%. The Federal Election Commission recently ruled no laws were violated and the rate was in line with other mortgages.

But "no comment." Really?

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

who has the facts? ME

Rush Limbaugh's brain is only magnificently pickled from the effects of Oxycontin and Hydrocodone...Anyone who thinks he makes sense has low self esteem issues - he inflates his ego because of his low self worth, just like his "dittoheads."

2067 days ago

Mike

So, when is this "hope and change" thing supposed to kick in? Do keep in mind he's a lawyer/politician from Chicago (though he's not) and we all know how Chicago politicians are. We're headed into a bigger whole and this empty suit has the drill.

2067 days ago

len

weegee, as I suspected , you are a bit obtuse. Anyone with even half a brain would have realized that I was not actually complimenting Limbaugh's brain. I was pointing out your cerebral deficit.. using him as a standard. His brain is "magnificent" ....COMPARED WITH ...yours, I cannot believe just how dense you are. Well.Yes I can.!!!

2066 days ago

who has the facts? ME

The attempt at humor was obtuse...
Coming from a right dinger, I'll take your criticisms as a compliment.
What's that?? Now Republican Sen Mark Sandford has called Rush Limbaugh an idiot?? What fun...let's watch them rip each other apart:)
And why isn't Palin at CPAC - has she already forgotten her faithful?? YOU BETCHA!!

2066 days ago

Jasim Abbas

white dog is going black dog is coming and the barbaric immoral army still kiling innocent people every where

2066 days ago

len

Weegee, you have an obsession with Limbaugh. I do not know why, nor do I care. But it strikes me as pathological. If your need to be right supercedes what is intelligent & rational, no matter the subject, so be it. It changes my life, not one iota.

2066 days ago

len

Iraqi There are barbaric immoral armies all over the globe. Not just continent to continent, State to state, province to province . Armies against armies, within state, within province...within towns. What are you whining about ? You must be Afican American.

2066 days ago

len

iraqi.... And since whites are the minority.! in this world. And Darfur . ..the immoral army...........is ??? In Rwanda, the illegal army is...????????? Ask the people of Kenya.........the immmoral army is..?? {Railla Odinga}. Your point is what.? Black might be coming but it is not a Dog.

2066 days ago

TH

White, Black Yellow or Green nobody is better than anyone else. We are all going to die and turn into dust. Stop with the racist sh#% already. Don't hate on Obama. Ask your former Pres. and the banks why we are in this mess that we are in.

2066 days ago

who has the facts? ME

The obsession is you to my comments, that is why you must change your name with every response. Lest YOU be the stalker.
Rush's ignorant, narrow minded, intolerant fans are obsessed, I just find him amusing...

2066 days ago

dumdum

President Obama likes to comment on the previous administration, the way things are going now and certainly won't answer about the idiots he picks as cabinet members not paying their taxes. Did TMZ really think they would get an answer from the puppet Obama? Obama answers to no one but the Democrataic puppet machine of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.

2062 days ago

cheeks

seriously... anyone who have something bad to say about obama is just haters... let the man try to do what he came to do... and for all u republican lovers...... just think about where the republicans have done to this country for the past 8 years.... we wouldnt be in this mess if it wasnt for them.....

let me comment for obama

"" you see me......hi haters ""

2061 days ago