Ed McMahon in ICU -- Pneumonia, Cancer

2/27/2009 9:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ed mcmahon: exclusiveUPDATE: We've just learned Ed is in the ICU and his condition is "extremely serious." As one person close to him put it -- "It's not great, to say the least."

We're told Ed McMahon has been hospitalized for nearly a month with pneumonia, bone cancer and other medical problems.

McMahon's condition is "serious" which is pretty obvious given his age -- 85 -- and the fact he has pneumonia.

We contacted Ed's rep, Howard Bragman, who confirmed the hospitalization and added, "He's not at Cedars-Sinai" -- a dig on the hospital Ed is suing for alleged malpractice and elder abuse.

YOU ARE A FOOL

NEWSFLASH !!!

HUGH HEFNER DEAD TODAY AT 92 !!!

John

Where can I get a copy of Howard Bragman's new book? Can Harvey hook me up?

Skanks R Us

He will be gone soon,, too bad. He brought many a smile to many a person in his time. Godbless him and may his soul find peace that has eluded him these last few years.

Wow

He's been in the hospital for a month. His people are giving the public a heads-up that he's near death.

Butch

Bye Ed!!!!!!!!!!! Hi yo.....................

Jerry lewis is right behind you with another tote board roll. Hey Lady!!!

Annie

Aww this is really sad....this is a guy who shouldn't have lived his golden years the way he did....God bless him & hope he doesn't suffer any longer!

Overboard

Poor guy has been thru alot the last few years!
How I loved the Tonight Show-with Johnny and Ed! Those were the days(nights) to stay up late -and be entertained for all those years!
Getting old is a beatch-someday we all will face... Get your house in order!!!

bob

Praying for Ed!

tracey

I hope his money grubbing wife is stuck with all his debt after he passes, serves her right.

Ronla

To to the dope that wrote welfare would pick up his tab like the mom who had that huge litter, Ed belongs to the Screen Actors Guild which covers him.
Don't be so negative...

Joe

Ed is and has always been a great man and person. I am shocked at some of the comments posted on this site such as how he probably has no health ins. and comparing him to the mother who just had all the babies and how our tax dollars will have to pay his way . if that was the situation and I don't believe that it is I would be happy knowing that my tax dollars were going to help a person such as Ed who has done so much for so many in his lifetime. and one more thing to the person who called his wife a goldigger she has been with him for a long time and has made him extremely happy how dare you have the nerve to say such a thing do you know her or him . all I can say is Godbless you Ed and I hope the best for you and your wife. Please get well soon Joe H.

Bill B.

I remember Ed when he sold kitchen utensils on the Atlantic City boardwalk mamy years ago. I wish him to get well soon.

duke

Sounds like old Ed won't be down for breakfast...

Bex

Bye Bye Ed, you broke SOB.

Twinker

Conan has the same effect on me too. Get well Ed.