Ed McMahon in ICU -- Pneumonia, Cancer

2/27/2009 9:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ed mcmahon: exclusiveUPDATE: We've just learned Ed is in the ICU and his condition is "extremely serious." As one person close to him put it -- "It's not great, to say the least."

We're told Ed McMahon has been hospitalized for nearly a month with pneumonia, bone cancer and other medical problems.

McMahon's condition is "serious" which is pretty obvious given his age -- 85 -- and the fact he has pneumonia.

We contacted Ed's rep, Howard Bragman, who confirmed the hospitalization and added, "He's not at Cedars-Sinai" -- a dig on the hospital Ed is suing for alleged malpractice and elder abuse.

marion

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO ED, AND MAY HE HAVE A QUICK RECOVERY. HE ENTERTAINED ME MANY NIGHTS ON THE JOHNNY CARSON SHOW.

YOU ARE A FOOL

i just heard on the news that he died.

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S DEAD !

Too bad he blew all his dough on booze and whores.

Pete

Hereeeeeeeee's Johnnnnnny? I see big Ed McMahon standing at the Pearly Gates introducing Johnny in that famous
Tonight Show drawl of his .

YOU ARE A FOOL

MAY HE ROT IN HELL FOR HELPING TO CON ALL OF THE FEEBLE-MINDED OLD FOLKS INTO BELIEVING THAT PUBLISHER'S CLEARINGHOUSE SCAM THAT HE PEDDLED AND PROFITED FROM. F HIM !

TessE

I wish him well. I know he has been ill awhile. even though they say
it doesn't look good. What ever happen to human compasssion, This is
a human being. some people are ignorant. posting nasty remarks about a
man that has entertained for many years and served our countries military. People have lost
all respect. That is a big reason our country is in trouble. No respect.

Pete Best

You Are A Fool: Show some links to back up your claims, or STFU and stop living up to your screen name.

Hate to say it, but most likely Ed will be checking out very soon.

keena

Ed just died!
It's on the news
Bummer!

capwhan

I remember Ed working on the AC boardwalk. And of course with Johnny. Here's hoping he gets well!!

mike

I remember when I was a kid growing up in burbank,in the 60's The old NBC Studios where right behind my house.. Every morning I would see Johhny and Ed taking their morning walk, They use to stop at my house and pick cherries off the cherry tree in my Mom's front yard... Then eating them while they finish their walk. One day They stop again eating my Mom's cherries off the tree and I came out to the front yard,,, It was a hot day and Ed had a sweat shirt on, He removed it and gave it to me... Well I still have that old shirt in a box up in the rafters... Hope is all well With Ed!

Erica

God bless you Mr. McMahon hope you get better soon.

Jeff

Nobody in hollywood had less talent and made more money.He was smart and beat the system,he new the right butt to kiss and he did it well.My hat is off to him, it was better then working for a living

Johnny

I believe that Ed could be in much better health, have his family introduced him to this manual: God's Medicine Is Best by Linda Wise. Good Luck to Ed.

tarded

Prayers be with you Ed!

jlowe

Notjustanothername.....Where you raised by animals? You are the type of human that makes up the whole problems with society. Your type should be put down like an animal

Lazarus

May Christ bless Ed and his family through all the travails he's going through.