Robert Downey Jr.

Good Genes or Good Docs?

3/1/2009 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. really is back ... better than ever.

Robert Downey
Here's 25-year-old Downey back in 1991(left) -- and 18 years later, the 43-year-old version at the Oscars this week (right).

Getting arrested and going to rehab a bunch of times really does the body good.

See also

Kathy W

Hair dye, good eating ,a facial and maybe some botox. ( A pretty wife helps too) He looked fabulous at the Academy Awards. So talented and he seem to have beaten his addictions.

Aim

its amazing how great he looks, after all those years of drugs and alcohol. He could have come out looking like keith richards.

I'm glad he's back on top.

simon

Is he still on drugs?

Joanne

I am very happy for him; that he has overcome his drug problem. An excellent actor...

Wanda W.

Never cared for this guy........... there is something off about him........... he took a gift he had and threw it away............ his so-called "revitalized career" is odd too. Those roles,one of them portraying a black soldier, are questionable. He has had lot of work done,no man who was as much into drugs like he was would look that good without plastic surgery,please!

A legitimate post on TMZ

I don't think there were any knives or plastics involved here, and if there were they are very subtle.

This man is an AMAZING actor, he played Charlie Chaplin in a film many years ago, I think he was nominated for an academy award, but didn't win.

Stay well Robert (like you would ever read TMZ!!!) but I think many people are rooting for you, myself included - booze and drugs lead to a wasted life

Me

He looks great, and he's a great actor. I'm so happy he found his way out of addiction.

allen antrim

The older one looks like he should be someone important; too bad he is just an actor.

gag me

Robert Downey Jr. Thanks for the fantasies for 20 yrs plus, hot bitch.

dinsdale

He's had botox on the forehead, but the rest looks natural. The forehead and brow are much smoother than the rest of the face. he might do some microdermabrasion, too, to smooth out the lines and help the skin elasticity. He looks fabulous.

2028 days ago

most parents play with their kids this way-so shut it.

Sexiest man alive..for the past 20 plus years.
Sexy attitude,sexy eyes.

my 3 cents

I agree with the previous poster botox but that is it his face is a little fuller because as we age our skin gets looser, that is just science. But nothing more radical than that. He just uses Botox, and in his profession everyone does.

Bex

By far, the best actor in the world!

puhllleeez

I looooove RDJ, he's hilarious! Lookin' great, dude!

Harriet

He is a super terrific actor and should be very proud of his recovery from drugs. Getting clean is not an easy thing to accomplish. I wish him all the luck and success in the world.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments