Robert Downey Jr.

Good Genes or Good Docs?

3/1/2009 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robert Downey Jr. really is back ... better than ever.

Robert Downey
Here's 25-year-old Downey back in 1991(left) -- and 18 years later, the 43-year-old version at the Oscars this week (right).

Getting arrested and going to rehab a bunch of times really does the body good.

See also

Myamarie

Good genes my ass! You can't snort coka for ever and still look good folks! Good docs for sure!

papa bear27

First of all, 43 is NOT OLD!!! Maybe 43 for a white person you expect them to look 55, but rarely does a 43 yr old black person actually look their age. They usually look 30-35. Robert Downey looks great..... especially considering the "hard living" in his past.

Law101

I am just so glad he is healthy, clean from drugs, and is back in front of the camera..where he needs to be..he is one of the BEST actors there are. I have always liked him. It is so hard to overcome an addiction after being in and out of rehab.
I'm just thrilled he is clean and he looks absolutely TERRIFIC.
He is one of those men who get better looking the older he gets...(although he has always looked great!)

I really admire people who can overcome adversity in their life and make a come back..to me that shows REAL strength, drive, and deep down character. Just like Drew Barrymore...she overcame addiction and she is doing better than ever.

The percentage of people who stay clean are low..anybody who can do the hard work and stay clean can only be admired.
There are not many people in Hollywood that DESERVE such admiration...Robert DEFINITELY deserves all the admiration he gets and then some!!!

I only wish the best for Robert Downey Jr. (and Drew Barrymore).

and yeah, I am a 40 year old female and I would totally do Robert in a heart beat!!! :)

Robert you are doing GREAT...I am so HAPPY for you...You have incredible talent...use it.....so that everyone, including myself, gets to see you more on the big screen!!!

Mariah

comeonseriously??

man..............he's been hot since b4 i was born.

Oscar in Miami Beach

He's just doing beter drugs and being more careful where he does them.Also a little nipand tuck helps.

anthony

this is a great example of taking care of yourself and your business. He is inspiration to all that have gone through issues in their life and made a huge change for the better.

congratulations...... Robert Downey Jr, you are trully one of the biggest positive role model for those who go through ups and downs.

i am trully impressed.... and love your movies.....

Ali

Good Cocaine

KeyserSoze

The man has been training in Wing Chun Kung Fu under my sifu for a number of years. I can tell you that having trained at his school for just under a year has done wonders for my physical, mental and spiritual well-being. That along with taking care of what he puts in his body will definitely help him look better as he goes along in life.

Law101

36. I love this guy as an actor ( Chaplin & Heart and Souls remain my favorites). I don't think he's had work done because he looked god-awful in that Iron Man movie. Drugs do NOT age people well, TMZ, you retards! I know TMZ is being facetious but please. Anyway, I find it ironic that people defend Downey for his past but can't get past Lindsay Lohan. She has/had (whichever way you want to go) talent and ran into trouble too. She appears clean (once again, people may debate that), but hasn't been completely forgiven by Hollywood like Downey has. Why is that? At the very least, she is behaving: no coochie shots, no driving drunk/erratically, no tickets or arrests, is finally punctual and professional on set, etc. Downey outdid her in the arrest department several times over plus had an actual lengthy jail stay. Just wondering why the double standard.....

Posted at 3:39PM on Mar 1st 2009 by Big G

#36.. Big G.....THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT ROBERT DOWNEY JR. NOT LINDSAY LOHAN.
SHE DOES NOT HAVE ANYWHERE NEAR THE CLOUT OR TALENT.... NOT TO MENTION THEIR AGE DIFFERENCE.
YOU ARE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES...
STOP HIJACKING TOPICS TO TALK ABOUT LIHO...LILO

Anu

It should say GREAT genes. I had this dude in the dead pool years ago.

tomcat

He's aged well, and looks real, not fake. If he had work doen, there's be no wrinkles at all, but then not able to smile. Cujo on ET looks super fake now, for example.

And Rob Jr still has a nice ass, a scene in Iron Man had a good shot of him in work out pants, hot!

luvmykids67

He is enormously talented and I'm so glad he is healthy, and seems to be happy. He adds so much to every character he plays. He is just endearing, and deserves to be happy and respected. Unless you have walked in his shoes-IDENTICALLY-then don't judge him. He is a gorgeous man, and probably will be when he is 90. I'm just glad he is back.

JR

He looks like Dustin Hoffman now

Debzilla

Whatever! RDJ Rocks! Put yourself in his shoes before you judge! Just like Drew, Or anyone who gets sucked into drinking or drugs! They can come out of it and redeem themselves!! Robert deserves his day in the sun!! Hell I am 40 & I think I look better now then ever!!! People really do get better with age!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments