Will Brown Be Charged with Beating Rihanna?

3/1/2009 5:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Now that Rihanna has apparently decided to forgive Chris Brown for that unfortunate beat down, the burning question is whether Chris will beat the rap.

Rihanna and Chris Brown
Here's the lowdown. We're hearing the case will be turned over to the Los Angeles County D.A. next week, and a decision should be made soon thereafter on whether to file criminal charges against him. The two most likely charges: Making criminal threats and domestic violence.

As for a possible criminal threats charge, we think it's now less likely the D.A. will file because of Rihanna's change of heart. First of all, sources tell us the main reason he was arrested for this is because he allegedly told Rihanna something to the effect of, "I'm going to kill you." It's a terrible thing to say, but lots of people say it in the heat of battle, so it's thin to begin with. Add to that -- Rihanna may well testify she never believed he meant it and the case looks a bit lame.

Domestic violence is a whole other thing. When the jury sees the pictures of a clearly battered Rihanna, it's probably more powerful than any testimony she'd give. In fact, if she were to get on the stand and say she started the fight or somehow deserved it, it would not ring true ... especially because he was hardly the worse for wear when he was busted.

And there's this ... given the picture, it's going to be a tough call not to prosecute Brown.

Finally, we're told more than half of the D.A.'s domestic violence cases involve women who have either recanted their stories or have gotten back together with the alleged abuser.

We think a decision could come down sometime next week.

Googie

IMO THE DA DOES NOT HAVE ANY OTHER CHOICE BUT TO BRING CHARGES AGAINST HIM. SUPPOSE THE DA DOES NOT CHARGE HIM AND LATER HE DOES AN OJ SIMPSON - THEN THE SAME PEOPLE SAYING NOT TO CHARGE HIM WOULD THEN BLAME THE DA FOR NOT CHARGING HIM. GO AHEAD & CHARGE HIM, THE JURY WILL ACQUIT HIM ANYWAY.

Beat her once, shame on him - beat her twice, shame on him.

delawarelivin

Go right back with him, and you will be beaten again!! Once they do it they will keep on doing it! Any woman that thinks a man will ONLY beat her just that one time is living in a bubble! I hope they put his A$$ in jail,,teach this little thug a lesson!

Jamie

@111: Couldnt have said it better myself.

Jacqueline Ongwenyi

Stupid indeed! How ignorant, I had hoped for a higher level of class Robyn!
There is no such thing in HELL as “Celebrity Status” here; this is a bunch of bull S..... Your decision has lowered the standards of the HIP-HOP World and other reputable music artists as a whole. I am convinced that your lack of class and level of ignorance led Chris to whopping your A....Things will never be the same after this incident. I can confidently guarantee you that this is only the beginning of a legacy in Domestic Violence and Abuse. It will not be long before you will get signed up into
(“REHAB” Disturbia!!!). Chris is going to walk away a Free man!!! Having gotten the satisfaction of what he wants. He is still very young and most likely will end up dumping you’re Ass for someone else. You will learn real soon.
Good luck! With your damaged goods.

egriffin

As much as I feel sorry for Rhianna, by returning to Chris, she deserves whatever she gets! If it happens once, it'll likely happen again.

By the way, they can still prosecute even without Rhianna but it would be more dicey now. I definitely think Chris needs counseling for sure! If not, then its off to jail for him.

I still think Rhianna is a an example though not a good one. Let me explain. Mothers and fathers, if you have girls, use this to teach them what NOT to do if a man hits you. You definitely don't go back to them! I've seen this many times before where girls will take up for guys. This crosses all races and classes. It doesn't matter what race you are or how rich you are or how poor you are. Its not just a black problem or a white problem, its an American problem.

kc

It seems to me that she is a willing victim now. She is not the strong and smart person that she portrays to the public. He is just a thug!!!! He should be in jail not free. They are now just wasted space on Earth. Maybe they should go drop out of sight forever. Just more stupid people who cause their own problems and then look for everyone else to accept it.

Angie-obx

While I am/was a victim of domestic abuse, both physical and mental or better yet a survivor. I do believe she should forgive him for what he did. However, I dont think she needs to get back into a relationship with him. Once abuse has been comitted, trust me IT WILL BE CONTINUED! It starts off with a push, shove etc but ALWAYS end up so much worse. No matter what she chooses to do, she's going to need support from everyone, not judgement. For those that dont understand how a woman would want to stay with a man like that should not judge until they have walked in the abused woman's shoes. I was an abused child and always told myself, never again but I ended up with a man that was abusive all the same. I fought back with everything I had and we both almost killed each other. It took 28 stitches above my right eye, almost tearing my eyelid off for me to finally be mad enough to press full charges and stick with it. My anger saw me through the worst of it. So, when Rhianna has had enough, she'll end it and move on. But only when she's ready...not any sooner then that. No matter what people, including her family says. Just continue to pray for them both.

donpark1

People are so judgmental and gullible. Abused woman? Domestic violence? Come on people. They had an argument and a fight(What that entails only they know). But she is NOT an abused woman. She could have been beaten up by a man but that is completely different, especially if she started it. People are really overreacting to this photo... I don't see any bruises except for her bottom lip. And that only looks like it was dried blood that was not cleaned off. Can someone tell me how a 6ft 1in man could punch a 5ft 7in woman in the face and not leave any bruises or real cuts. How in the world could her bottom lip be bruised and not her top lip is untouched? she has 2 marks under her eyes, and they are clearly not from a punch. I think what ever happened to her was defensive. He could have put up his forearm when she was coming towards him and possibly hit her in the lip. Other than that I don't see the outrage.

BEBOP

stella and diane

YES WHEN THE JURY SEE THE REAL PHOTO NOT THE PHOTOSHOPPED PHOTO ON TMZ.
TMZ STAFF, GO AND GET A REAL JOB. YOU SAD TALENTLESS PEOPLE

stella and diane

129. I don't think he just beat up Rhinna, he was probably trying to defend himself while driving, because she was attacking him. Now. I'm a lady and I know how we get. Older men have done way worse than this and still have a career. This is just young love and will not last forever. I can't believe people are saying his career is over. No way he's tooo talented. I would love to hear Rhianna story. But, guess what, we'll never know the truth or what really happened. She will protect him, and he will protect her. Best of luck to both.

Posted at 9:58AM on Mar 2nd 2009 by KRAZY
*****************************************************************************
EXACTLY ! WE WILL NEVER KNOW THE WHOLE TRUTH AND RIHANNA DID NOT JUST LET HIM BEAT HER DOWN, SHE GAVE HIM A GOOD BEATING. THE TMZ PHOTO IS FAKE AND ALL WILL BE REVEALED.
I DO HOPE RIHANNA AND CHRIS SUE TMZ FOR EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT.

stella and diane

@@109. I think the case is tough to simply just prosecute because Rihanna was out there acting a fool and that's the part that's' missing. I love both of them, but I think they just had a BIG OL' MOMENT OF DRAMA, and people don't want to see that part. I think they probably BOTH were swinging. He should not have hit her back, but I wonder if all these people saying he should go to jail have ever hit their husbands or boyfriend (or s-- buddies). I wonder if any of y'all have ever swung on anyone. Chris IS wrong if he did this but remember for yourself that time when someone on the road or in the store or in your relationship has taken you over the edge and think about how you reacted. It's not right. It's certainly not healthy,but sadly these things happen. They are young and she is forgiving him cause she KNOWS she was a part of it too. Love her to pieces but she played a part in this... a BIG part. It's time for ladies to stop playing manipulative victims and just assuming the guy is wrong because we've been done wrong and take credit for the crap we dish out AND the time we (not me but y'all accusers) hit as well. Thanks

Posted at 11:54PM on Mar 1st 2009 by MrsTexas
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm glad there's some people on here that are thinking logically. People need to look in the mirror at their dirty secrets and lies.

gayle

She is a complete IDIOT if she ever gets back with that moron!!! Family and friends need to step in for an intervention if she does get back with him -- that girl needs some serious counseling!!

Page

They both are in fault and she has given him the go ahead to everytime they have an argument he is going to feel like it is ok to knock the heck out of her because she allowed it to happen they both are young dumb and stupid!

jeepcrawler69

chris blover your an idiot! its never ok too hit a girl you fool!