Will Brown Be Charged with Beating Rihanna?

3/1/2009 5:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Now that Rihanna has apparently decided to forgive Chris Brown for that unfortunate beat down, the burning question is whether Chris will beat the rap.

Rihanna and Chris Brown
Here's the lowdown. We're hearing the case will be turned over to the Los Angeles County D.A. next week, and a decision should be made soon thereafter on whether to file criminal charges against him. The two most likely charges: Making criminal threats and domestic violence.

As for a possible criminal threats charge, we think it's now less likely the D.A. will file because of Rihanna's change of heart. First of all, sources tell us the main reason he was arrested for this is because he allegedly told Rihanna something to the effect of, "I'm going to kill you." It's a terrible thing to say, but lots of people say it in the heat of battle, so it's thin to begin with. Add to that -- Rihanna may well testify she never believed he meant it and the case looks a bit lame.

Domestic violence is a whole other thing. When the jury sees the pictures of a clearly battered Rihanna, it's probably more powerful than any testimony she'd give. In fact, if she were to get on the stand and say she started the fight or somehow deserved it, it would not ring true ... especially because he was hardly the worse for wear when he was busted.

And there's this ... given the picture, it's going to be a tough call not to prosecute Brown.

Finally, we're told more than half of the D.A.'s domestic violence cases involve women who have either recanted their stories or have gotten back together with the alleged abuser.

We think a decision could come down sometime next week.

NatTurner

I think the same thing should happen to him that happened to Elvis when he beat Priscilla. NOTHING!

2026 days ago

D.W.

Until we know the facts i think everyone should leave these "Young Adults" alone ... has anyone ever considered what if Rihana is the abuser ??? you can only push someone so far and yeah they just might snap back .. is it wrong yes on both counts and they as couple would need to address whether this relationship is worth continuing especially if it leads to emotional and physical violence but again we dont know what thier relationship has REALLY been ~ clearly what we see in the tabloids aint it ... so I think they need time and counseling maybe some good can come out of this in the end in addressing a problem that hasnt really been touched on with our youth ( young adults) today from both sides.

2026 days ago

Shell

I think that she's an idiot and he has deep issues. I've completly lost respect for Rihanna, She showing such a bad example to her young fans. What she's saying is that that behavior is acceptable. I think Chris Brown should serve time for what he's done. He's just going to do it again. He's another O.J. and Bobby Brown. People just have to learn to accept responsibility for there actions. He's not sorry for what he did and doesn't care about her. He's only thinking of his career right now and doing what he's told.

2026 days ago

jj

WOW THEY ARE TWO NORMAL PEOPLE THAT THE GOOD LORD PUT ON THIS EARTH SO THE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME CONSEQUENCES AS NORMAL PEOPLE I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ALL THESE PEOPLE COMPLAIN AND WINE ABOUT EVERY THING SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT SHUT UP!! "OH KNOW THE WHOLE WORLD IS GOING TO CHANGE JUST BECAUSE A GUY COULD NOT KEEP HIS HANDS OFF OF A WOMAN WELL WE KNOW WHAT KIND OF A MAN HE IS , HE IS A WUSSY AND HE IS NOT A MAN BECAUSE A REAL MAN WOULD JUST WALK AWAY BUT GOD WILL GET HIM IN THE END ALL HAVE TO SAY IS GOOD LUCK !!!!

2026 days ago

Ashley..

I think this is a relationship gone wrong.. as a woman who has went through this.. i know she is blaming herself for him losing everything.. she is always going to run back to him until one day hes going to freak out and really hurt her.. shell figure it out in time..but no need to root for chris brown... i dont care who you are what he did was wrong! i dont care what she did to him.. punch a wall if you are made not a woman...
ash

2026 days ago

jeff

PUT CHRIS IN PRISON LET THE BIG GUYS TAKE HIM DOWN

2026 days ago

crazzysimj

CHRS & RIHANNA ARE BOTH LOSERS...... CHRIS IS A LOSER FOR HITTING A WOMAN AND RIHANNA A LOSER
FOR TAKING HIM BACK. SO I DO BELIEVE THEY BOTH DESERVE TO BE WITH EACH OTHER AS TWO LOSERS
SHOULD BE.

2025 days ago

UNIQUE

YO 4 REAL I DNT THINK THAT CHRIS BROWN SHOULD GET PROSECUTED...RHIANNA IS KNOWN FOR BEING STUBBORN AND VIOLENT IN HER OWN WAYS.... JUST CAUSE SHE LOOK LIKE A GEWD GURL DOESNT MEAN SHE ISNT VIOLENT... JUST CAUSE HE IS A MAN NOT NO BOY DOESNT MEAN SHE HAD A RIGHT TO HIT HIM EITHER... IF SHE PROKVOKED HIM FIRST THEN SHE SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED SUMTHING TO HAPPEN IN RETURN.. YOU CANT PROVOKE SOMEONE AND NOT THINK THAT THEY ARE NOT GUNNA REACT.. ESPECIALLY IF SHE IS KNOWN FOR PROVOKING HIM IN THE PAST... IM SUPPORTING CHRIS BROWN 100000% I DNT CARE WHAT YALL CHRIS BROWN HATERS SAY!!!!!

2025 days ago

kiarakiera2

I really do believe that Chris is feeling it right now I mean their booing him at the Neyo concert everybodys wanting him to be thrown to the dogs but their young and they will work this out!!!!!!! If we all just let them be and now there might be a baby invovled this is way past personal!! Hold your head up Chirs and Rihanna yall are truely in my prayers and may God bless you in what ever decision yall make.

2025 days ago

Vicki

Maybe RiRi should have a sit down with Tina Turner.

2025 days ago

step back

PEOPLE SHOULD ONLY BE WORIED IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN
AND IF YOU REALLLY DIDNT WANT IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN AND YOU WOULD GIVE THEM A LOT OF SUPPORT

AND I THINK SOME OF YOU ARE JUST ON HERE TO CRITICIZE

2024 days ago

ray of hope

I FILL LIKE SHE IS CRAZY AS HELL FOR GOING BACK AND I THINK HE STILL SHOULD DO SOME TIME IN JAIL CAUSE WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG EVEN IF RIHANNA LIKES GETTING HER HEAD BEAT IN MAY THE NEXT TIME HE BEAT HER ASS SHE WILL KEEP IT TO HER SELF CAUSE IF HE DONT GET HELP THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME TRUST ME BEEN THERE DONE THAT

2024 days ago

LizRod

Straight up... Rihanna is a down ass chic!! She's a straight up, ride or die... hood chic, thug chic. Loves get'n that ass beat by a strong successful man. Who doesn't? With a voice and dance moves like that... man he can beat me... as long as I'm getting paid. There's nothing a Coach bag and some Dulce glasses won't fix...
PLEASE!! If that lil boy beat me, he best to put me in a grave or in a hospital bed, because I would straight up cut him! "I'm from the West... Cut now, run later."

2024 days ago

dimples

I just think people need to stop taking up for Chris because the simple matter is he beat on a female and any man not just him that hits a female all needs to be locked up.And whoever keeps taking up for men that beats women you are just as bad as them because if that was you u would not be taking up for them then.

2024 days ago

munchkin22

why do people want him thrown to the dogs? Why hate him she don't. She took him back....what...

2023 days ago