« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Man Recovered Clinging to Boat -- Not an NFLer

3/2/2009 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nick SchuylerBad news for the two NFL players who were onboard that missing boat. The Coast Guard found the vessel with only one person clinging on -- it was not either player.

Nick Schuyler was one of the four men onboard the 21-foot boat that left on a fishing trip early Sunday. Corey Smith, who played for the Detroit Lions last season, Marquis Cooper of the Oakland Raiders, and Will Beakley are all still missing.

The Coast Guard is continuing its search around where the boat was found -- 35 miles from land.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Howard Robard Hughes IIV

GREAT fishing spot.

OJ

i have been lost at sea in cold weather. its very scary

pray for them

eloc

My prayers are with the families. I hope they find these guys alive.

garlicbreath

they're fish food now

!!

Post # 14 -

It's now a well known FACT that you're an IDIOT!

This boating situation does not sound good.

fran

Insensitive headline '......not an NFLer..".....it could imply that you're somehow more disappointed that the NFL player wasn't one of the survivors.......it just doesn't sound good....

Who Caresss!!!

TMZ YOU DOUCHE BAGS... CAN'T EVEN COVER A STORY FACTUALLY. HERE IS CNN.COM WITH THE MORE ACCURATE DETAILED VERSION.

CMJNM

TMZ must get their journalists from high school drop outs. #9 is absolutely correct. That was the first thing I thought of when I read the headline....

angie

I live in Clearwater and this has been on the local channels all day. Hopefully this guy can give the coast guard good information so that they can find the other missing boaters. here is a local news channel link..... they have some pretty awesome photos of Nick right before he was rescued sitting on the boat holding on to the motor.

Wally

Let this be a lesson to those who go pretty far out in any sized boat...flares and dye packs, flares and dye packs. Inexpensive/simple tools that should be on any sea-faring voyage.

ut oh

#8 agree with you 100%. sometimes I wonder wtf TMZ is thinking.

Wake UP

I'm very sorry for the loss! And here it comes....the but as anyone who really fishes on the waters knows you always check the weather report for one. Second a storm with 14 foot waves just does not happen...when a storm comes the waves grow with in a time frame. This is enough time for you to pull anchor or cut it and do whats called a gun and run! So what the hell where they still anchored for???? I'm so sorry but just because you have a boat most if not all don't care to learn the basics on boating safety and the price they pay is their life!!!!

I'm truly sorry for the loss of life but something has to change when it comes to having a boat and safety....LEARN THE RULES AND SAFETY ON THE WATER FOR NOT ONLY YOU BUT OTHERS AS WELL!!!!!

Maybe the familys who have just lost thier love ones will push for boating laws to change and make it so that you have to take a course to learn the rules of boating...may this be a lesson for all!

Jus D truth

My prayerS are w/the families & I hope thise men are found safe, but in all reality....black folks don't like the water, or boating...so I'm guessing they don't know how to swim. Now really how many black people do you see out on pleasure boats, pontoon boats, speed boats or even enjoying water soprts, such as wakeboarding, surfing or just plain SWIMMING??? I have worked in the boating field for YEARS, and in those years I have seen only a small handfull of black people purchase a boat those that have buy fishing boat, such as Tahoes /Trackers or the small aluminum kind

Skevo636r

I live a few miles from where these guys went out on the water and i have to tell
you,the waters out there can get very rough in a blink of an eye.I really hope they
find the other 3 soon.

why?

Too bad for the other guys, hope they are found, the guy who was rescued is really really hot!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments