"School of Rock" Kid Busted for Underage DUI

3/4/2009 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the kids from "School of Rock" was busted for DUI -- and no, those kids aren't old enough to drink yet.

school of rock kid: exclusive
17-year-old Joey Gaydos Jr. -- who played Zack Mooneyham in "School of Rock" -- was arrested last month in Michigan after cops say he was trying to drive away from a Taco Bell while intoxicated.

And if things weren't bad enough for the kid -- when we called the Van Buren Township police to find out what happened, an officer told us, "When I heard we had someone from 'School of Rock,' I thought it was that big guy, Black. Then I heard it was that goofy guy who plays the guitar!"

Joey Gaydos

To my Family, Friends, and Fans,
Some of you may have seen video footage of me on shows like TMZ, or your local news regarding an unfortunate incident I had a few weeks ago. The first thing I would like to say is, I made a HUGE mistake, and I really regret my actions. What I did was wrong, and all I can say is, I’m sorry to anyone I may have let down, I’m only human, and we ALL make mistakes.

To everyone who has supported me through this I would like to say, THANK YOU, it really means a lot.

Thanks again,
Joey Gaydos Jr.

1965 days ago

Squidward

Our society is GREAT! 30 years ago DUI's and affairs were kept secret. They ruined careers. Now, the more affairs, arrests, trips to rehab you have, your popularity increases. What will we be like in 10 more years? Hell...I think I'll go get a DUI tonight. I'll be cool.

1962 days ago

Squidward

JOEY: I accept your apology. As a semi-public figure, I faced a simliar problem. Just calm down, know that this will blow over. Accept your justice, and in just a few weeks or months no one will even remember. You're a good guy who made a mistake. Only one person in history never made a mistake. If you e-mail me at my website (www.wesleysleep.com), I'll send you something for free that will help you through this process. BW

1961 days ago

Foot Fetish

They call me the iron foot man,FIRST!!!

LaffinAtcha

Epic Fail!

JJ

He's on his way to rock stardom!
Starting off early....

Art

I know this kid in real life if you dont belive me look up New Boston MI 48164 its right next 2 van buren twp i went 2 high skool with this kid and the cop wasent lieing he is GOOFY as EVEVR also he actin is bad but he has a rap group thats so bad they make K-Fed look good

Eric

Yet another reason for Taco Bell to start a delivery service. COME ON! As soon as they legalize weed, this will be a necessity, might as well start now.

toofastforyou!

TOOFAST....SO DARN FAST ....CANT CATCH ME....

geoff

trying? haha...... how do you try to drive off........

scissors

Damn. I totally used to want to grow up to be just like Zack Mooneyham too. Well what now? He's a bad influence on me obviously and now my parents will never let me be like him. I suppose I should start learning the Jonas Brothers' first names.
Thanks for nothing Joey Gaydos!

eb

wow, he is living in Michigan. I guess he dissappeared into oblivion.

jed

Driving away from Taco Bell?!?!

Did they check his THC levels and check for a bong in the trunk?

turntable

I know Joey and his family. This is a good kid who made a bad decision and is owning up to it. Simple as that.
Joey is a very respectful young man who also happens to be a great guitar player and was in a hit movie, hence
the attention given to this incident. A hard lesson for sure, but I'm sure Joey will turn this into something positive.

Slow Moe

Hey art mojo, judging by your spelling I'd say you have a bright future as the "before" example in a remedial English course advertisement. Maybe lay off the Red Bull, put down the Wii and go to class every once in awhile. Then again, most morons only have to learn how to say "would you like fries with that" for their career training.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments