Chris Brown

Charged with Two Felonies

3/5/2009 2:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County District Attorney has just charged Chris Brown with felony assault and making criminal threats, also a felony.

Two Felonies

The charging documents name "Robyn F." as the alleged victim.

Brown will be arraigned today at 3:30 PM in downtown LA.

A spokesperson for the D.A. tells TMZ he could face a maximum of four years and eight months in prison.

Click here to live chat!

LT

Bust the Mutha!!! Set an example, there is no excuse for domestic abuse!!!

tina

he will get off easy just like everyone else in hollywood! just a little slap on the hand and Ri will be back in his arms next month!

sunny

Translation....he'll get 30 days max in jail. Just watch.

Bobba Louie

After reading the allegations, Chris Brown needs to be taken out back and have the crap beat outta him. He's nothing but a thug. Then, Rihanna needs to have her head examined for having anything further to do with this punk.

Butterfly

# 46 Boss Boogie I am a Caucasian woman who has had many friends of various persuasions starting at the lower grades in school and beyond. I know you feel badly about the, sometimes , negative image of the Black man , but please, do not let this Chris Browm case eat away at you. White men do horrible damage to their women too! I was extremely fortunate to have a father who never , ever, laid an angry hand on me or, my sister, let alone our mother. Again, I was extremely fortunate to marry a man who treated me like a china doll from the day I met him until the day he died, in my arms. So, I am sure there are many Black men who have, and do the same for their women. From your post, I am sure you are one of them.

BILLYJOE

OH MY GOD I READ THE POLICE REPORT , RHIANA NEEDS TO RUN, RUN ,AS FAR AS SHE CAN FROM HIM. CHRIS BROWN IS A COWARD PUNK, I HOPE HE NEVER IS EMBRACED BY THE PUBLIC AGAIN. SOMEBODY CLOSE TO THAT GIRL NEEDS TO TALK SOME SENSE IN HER ASAP.

CanadianNproud

I hope he rots in that prison, LOCK HIS ASS UP

QE2

One way to help stop the epidemic of domestic violence is to donate (money or time) to organizations dedicated to stopping it. They are at local, national and international levels.

Ronald Raygun

Where's big Al Sharpton when you need him? I thought he would be jumping on the Chris Brown bandwagon by now. He always has a way of making himself look good in the eyes of the public.

Rainey

Here's hoping the justice system sends a powerful message to anyone thinking of using violence. Anyone "supporting" Chris Brown is sending a powerful message of their own that they endorse this type of behavior. His career is so over and if she doesn't act like a smart, strong woman.& leave this idiot ...hers will be, too.

Rainey

CNN had a good point earlier. In California they have the 3 strikes rule which means if Chris Brown ever....in his lifetime....ever....hits anyone else and is charged...he could be put away for 25 years to life. Now that's justice. Oh - he'll do it again...and like all the therapists are saying on these talk shows, you can bet this wasn't the first time something like this has happened...we just didn't hear about it. Abusers are always.....repeat abusers. That's a fact.

janner

Thank god. I hope he gets Jail time. That will be the only way Ri will get away from him and find someone who is worth her time. Dirtbag....

Norberto Paulino

He'll get community service.

Boston Kate

I hope he does time; if Rihanna is actually back with him, she needs a dope slap.

Melissa