Chris Brown

Charged with Two Felonies

3/5/2009 2:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. County District Attorney has just charged Chris Brown with felony assault and making criminal threats, also a felony.

Two Felonies

The charging documents name "Robyn F." as the alleged victim.

Brown will be arraigned today at 3:30 PM in downtown LA.

A spokesperson for the D.A. tells TMZ he could face a maximum of four years and eight months in prison.

Click here to live chat!

poppy

#58 you are beyond stupid

Wow

I'm hearing that there's a lot of talk of "forgiveness". Well everyone can forgive Brown, but he has a debt to pay to society for what he did to Rhianna. He's already proven he's not much of a man by beating up on a woman. Will he be a man and accept his punishment without fighting it or will he try to get a plea agreement?

Lucy

watch, he'll get probation and community service and Rihanna has already taken him back. Hopefully, next time he hits her, she'll survive and learn from her mistakes.

manuel

HAHAHAHAHA F*** chris brown!!!!!!! think u can still make us "regular guys" look bad?!! hahaha i hope they beat his ass in prison!!!! u dont hit a woman mother f***er!!!!!

love it!

I hope he gets the maximum penalty for this and goes to jail for quite some time! And I hope the rumours are not true that Rihanna is pregnant, cuz if she is then she will never want to leave his sorry ass!

Angel

Funny how nobody had this outrage for R Kelly who raped a young girl and was on tape doin it and got off. I suppose the victim makes the difference here, if nobody knew who she was, they wouldnt care much about what happened, they would just let it slide and he would continue making hits. al the preaching about women's rights would be nowhere to be found.

Chris Brown is a fool for ruining his life like this, I cant see what could make someone so angry. I still would like to hear the whole story though and I hope he goes to trial.

interesting

I am not in favor of woman beaters BUT if she is so freaking stupid to take him back why even bother filing charges?!?!? Let them go on their merry way. Apparently, "the escalating violence" turns her on and she likes it! The next time she will end up in the hospital or morgue and it will be no one's fault but her own.

hehehehe

Lock that piece of u know what up and throw the key away!

Janie

Wonder if he will run like, "OJ". I think he should be in prison longer then four years. I thought I saw TMZ say nine years (which I think is appropriate).

I can't stand Rihanna or Chris. Leona Lewis, you must feel proud - yuck.

2057 days ago

What if he pleads no contest? Please pray for Rihanna. With all the powerful women out there in Hollywood, both black and white...why can't a group of them stage an intervention? This poor young girl needs help. She needs strong women to guide her right now.

Sheryl

Rianna needs to have a heart to heart with Whitney Houston. and the deadbeat that beat her up needs to be tuned up himself. Hopefully in jail, that's what will happen to him.

Mr. Truth

Telling him to burn in hell is a little too much dont you think?

its okay to be mad, but omg stop making death threats on him.

Callie

At least if Rhianna isn't going to protect herself, the state may! I hope he gets enough time for her to find someone who will treat her as a human being, maybe even a lady! and to Rhianna, you are absolutely not in your right mind if you think he will change. You may need some counseling as well. You deserve better!

Alex

Rihanna you have low selfesteem. First of all I'am shock and sadden that Rihanna would even think of going back with him right before he gets any help. She's a role model for other young ladies and her decision is a poor choice. She should be speaking out helping others who are in the situation. She should be trying to raise money for battered woman who don't have the money to leave the situation they are in. Chris Brown is also a role model to young boys who should be speaking out about being abusive and that is wrong to do what he did. Shame On Both of Them!!!!!

saraezzyk

im glad to see that he was charged and not just left go because hes famous and she went back to him,,,, but usually someone who is abusive makes the victim feel like thats the best they can do... so that could be why shes back with him again...