Chris Brown -- No Plea Yet

3/5/2009 8:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown and his attorney Mark Geragos did not enter a plea to the two felony charges. In a proceeding that took roughly 4 minutes and 20 seconds, the judge granted Brown's request to move the arraignment to April 6th.

Chris Brown: Click to watch

It is unclear why they wanted to postpone the case -- possibly to conduct further investigations or possibly to strike a plea deal. We just don't know...

Based on our information, it seems Brown wants to avoid a trial at all costs because the picture of Rihanna taken one day after the incident -- which has not been seen anywhere publicly -- is unbelievable.

During the proceeding, Brown signed a waiver of presence, allowing his lawyer to act on his behalf -- meaning he won't have to show up to any minor court proceedings before April 6th.

Brown, who stood emotionless in court, spoke only four words to the judge -- "yes," "yes," and "yes ma'am."

After Brown's request to continue the case had been granted, the judge warned Brown, "You are not to annoy, harass, molest, threaten or use force or violence against anyone."

Chris Brown / Rihanna Launch PhotosThe judge asked Rihanna's attorney Donald Etra if there was a "no-contact order" in place, to which Etra replied, "Miss Fenty [Rihanna] does not request such an order."

Etra is famous for repping Snoop Dogg in multiple court cases throughout the years.

Click here to live chat!

Cari

sheree

I COULD HERE EVERYTHING THOSE ATTORNEY WERE SAYING. rIHANNA ATTORNEY TOLD CHRIS BRONW THAT SHE WASNT EVERYTHING OVERWITH AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. WOW, AMAZING.

lisa

well hey he looks cute!!

Boogey

What the hell? My computer keeps whacking out! I was trying to listen to what Chris was whispering to his attorney and my computer froze. Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on?

GG

He should plea(d) for his lfe.
What as ASS!!

colleen

Lock him up!!You just don't hit a woman. Loser......

amy

Hopefully they can work things out. I think he feels sorry for what he did.

katie

What a joke!!!!!!!!

Christa

what did rihanna's attorney say to Chris? I heared him say something about rihanna?!?! :|

sheree

I CANT BELIEVE YOU COULD HERE WHAT CHRIS BROWN AND THE ATTORNEYS WERE SAYING. I DONT THINK IT OK WHAT HE DID, BUT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO HEAR ALL THAT?

pattitrish

I'm sure "RI-RI" is waiting for him in the car.

Sincere

I hope the continuance till April isn't so he can marry Rihanna so she can't testify against him. He needs his ass kicked by some stilletoes.

YakChick

I can't believe that RiRi doesn't want a no-contact order. She'll be back in his arms. OMG! Makes me sick!

GGG

Why in the hell would he need a continuance??? The M fer was caught bloody handed. How pathetic.

rush20

Did anyone catch what Chris brown was whispering about Rihanna before they left court??? I couldnt make it all out!!!

Thats pretty lame that she has said she doesnt need a protection order...says it all really - they are prob back together