Rihanna:

Chris' Beatings

Kept Getting Worse

3/5/2009 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Even if Rihanna refuses to cooperate with prosecutors, the L.A. County District Attorney may have evidence even more powerful than the gruesome photos. Multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ, the night of the attack Rihanna told cops she was the victim of escalating violence -- and the perp was Brown.

Chris Brown, Rihanna

LAPD cops interviewed Rihanna after the attack and she told them Brown had been violent toward her in the past and that the attacks were getting "more violent" as time went on. The interview is potent evidence if the L.A. County D.A. charges Brown with felony domestic battery, and that could happen as early as today.

And there's something else. The photo that TMZ obtained showing Rihanna battered, bloody and bruised is mild compared to other photos. We've learned additional pics were taken on February 9, the day after the attack, and they are far more gruesome -- the bruises and swelling far more pronounced. We're told these photos show injuries that could be devastating in a case against Brown.

Click here to live chat!

esser

Chris brown is a bad man.. what an ass H@#$. I'm so disappointed...never buying his cd EVER!! He could have killed her..who knows

powerpathtolove

Tina Turner should call Rihanna and tell her to get out of this relationship before it is too late.

Chris Brown

what do you tell a woman with two back eyes? nothing, you already told her. :D

TheGivingTree

Rihanna, It must hurt deeply that someone who you thought loved you could do something so brutal to you. The truth is that he may very well love you, but his own feelings of inadequecy and lack of self-worth brings him back to being a little boy who doesn't know how else to deal with his insecurities except by the little boy way - lashing out at someone who loves him. He thinks he can do it to you because you love him. He may idolize you..Worship you..But what do children do when they are experiencing low self-esteem? They try to bring down those who are confident in the worst way. You just can't hold a person like that up for long. As the months go by, he will do this again, and again until you won't believe in yourself anymore. You may try to help him, but you helping him will only breed resentment in him, because he will know that you truly know and have experienced the terrible, self-centered person that he is. He will take the best part of you - what makes you special. No one should take that kind of abuse. You will only perpetuate his behavior if you stay with him. Walk away. Don't look back. If every woman in his life does the same after that kind of abuse it will reinforce that he must change in order to be loved...And isn't that what he wants? Be strong. Leave him. I've lived that life.

Milf Biggenson

You know...where are the 50 Cents, The P Diddys and all of the rest of the rapping posse ass clowns who do nothing but blab into a mic about how they're gonna bust a cap in yo ass and how violence rules the streets? None of these posers have the balls to walk up to Chris Brown, who beat a WOMAN and threatened to kill her, and send him on a one way ticket to meet Tupac. How sad is that? I figured the only talent those losers had was to actually fight and kill someone, yet they can't EVEN DO THAT!!

Yes, I'm saying Chris Brown needs to be taken down by his bro's. Death by Chocolate. That's the code of the street....isn't it? Or has rap lied to us all for the last 20 mother f***ing years?

Maybe Clay Aiken or David Archuleta should take Chris Brown out of the equation and earn some street cred. Wouldn't that be something else? Someone, somewhere has to send the message that if you beat a woman, that's IT. GAME OVER. NO RE-DO's. Now, quit talking the talk and walk the g-d walk rappers!

BTW, Rihanna getting back together with CB has proven herself to be completely brain dead. His pleas of "I'll never do it again, baby!" should ONLY be met with "Your god-damn right you won't....BLAMMO."

Heather

In response to Patti in California's comment:

Please look at Rihanna's face and look at Chris Browns face. If he had been hurt, he would have sought medical attention.Some victims fight back when they are being attacked. The fact that he beat her this badly during this incident means this was not a one time assault. You do not all of a sudden beat someone this badly. It leads up to this. You are not going to hear the truth from either one of these individuals at this point. If she has taken him back, she is busy having her reality washed away by this abuser and her account cannot be trusted as long as she is still involved in the cycle of abuse and is protecting him at this point. He of course cannot be trusted because of the damage that cannot be explained away that is apparent on Rihannas face after his assault on her. Apparently this is not the worst photo either. It does not take a genius to put 2 and 2 together and deduce that a violent attack took place and it was against the person who sustained serious injuries, Rihanna. That would make Chris Brown what is referred to in DV terms the "primary aggressor." It is my understanding that in CA he will not be convicted if she does not testify against him. Her police account is considered hearsay and will not convict him.He is no doubt hoping he can scare her into not testifying, a common tactic among abusers trying to get out of accountability for their actions. If he were truly sorry, he would leave her alone, go seek anger management therapy on his own accord, and accept the consequences for his actions.

Heather

Way to go Jim!!!

As a survivor of domestic violence and someone who escaped this dangerous situation by going into hiding with my children, I want to applaud your very appropriate comment seeking jail time for this abuser.

Sher

Everyone should just leave this young couple alone. He has a history from childhood that may have caused him to react this way. Not excussing it but the young man clearly has issues. Plus no one is discussing the possible abuse he may have encountered with Rhianna...who knows what they are doing to one another. But no one thinks about that. Its just "off with his head"...instead of get the dude some help! And Rhianna needs help too! Funny how Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan can get caught doing everything under the sun...but never lose endorsements! No they go to rehab...and do a couple days in jail...and then all is forgiven. He actually grew up in an environment where he saw this type of behavior constantly...he should go to therapy...do some community service...a public service annoucement...and let that be that.

love

i think everyone should get over the fact that chris sashd her ; lmao ,, it doesnt matter cos theyr bak togeter like who does that ,, newayss i still love chris brownn ; dont hate just cos he smashd rihanna ,, idiots ; dhhaa

CHRIS BROWN ROCKS MY WORLD ,,

genoki

Rihanna you are STUPID STUPID STUPID for not charging him. If not for yourself, think of all the girls who are going to be abused, beat up or maybe killed because you didn't do anything!

anonymous

This entire incident is very sad on both parts.... Chris Brown is very young and so unbelievable talented, it is sad to see that his whole career could be permanently ruined. More importantly he needs help to learn how to handle his anger which has obviously a lot to do with his past. There is no excuse for beating a woman, especially a woman that you "love". I can understand why Rhianna is back with Chris. I truly believe that he is a great person, but one with issues, as many of us do. Looking at the big picture, he is 19 years old, he made a huge mistake, and he needs help. I pray for both of them and their families, for this will be a very life-changing emotional roller coaster.

charles

chris brown should be ashamed of himself, there is nothing that should make you lose your temper enough to want to put your hands on someone, especially a girl. Rhihanna should try to find another partner, a less violent man, and not some spoiled little boy......

Desiree Rampershad

Chris will never change. I noticed on his profile on Wiki that he is born 5 May 1989. That means he is a Taurus. My husband is born 7 May 1979 & as I have learnt while we were dating some Taureans have a nasty temper. Ameet was a little violent sometimes but never to the Chris & Rihannas extent & I never got out of the relationship because I didnt think it was that bad. But we are married now & I regret it & he still has a short temper but I stand up for myself as I am a independant career woman & he hates that becasue he realizes I can walk out anytime! Also Ive noticed that my husband like Chris also got messages from other women when we were dating & when I got angry he got angry at me & slapped me. It seems they like attention from other women & they think that we as their woman in their life should not mind. Let me tell you I did mind & I did react just like Rihanna.I also underterstand that not all Taureans behave like that. Just wanted to point out that my experience & Rihannas are similiar.Rihanna-You should just leave him girl, dont make the mistake I made & still regretting it. You have alot going for you & have a better chance of getting over this & meeting someone better.. Take Care

shell

I don't know why she bothers with him, not only is he now confirmed to be foul as a person, he's also foul to look at !

kaligator619er

Maaaaan This is some weak bs... Question #1 who makes a phone call for 10min during a devastatind beating as they alledge in this case (REMEMBER: SHE CALLED HER MANAGER TO TELL THE POLICE TO BE AT HER HOUSE) #2 If they were driving and he was beating her in the car (REMEMBER: HOW DOES SHE END UP WITH THE KEYS)... ALL IM SAYING IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT YOU DONT MAKE PHONE CALLS AND TAKE THE CAR KEYS FROM SOMEONE....AND I THOUGHT HER MOUTH WAS FULL OF BLOOD..(PHONE CALL) ...HUH....MANNNN.... FOLKS WE DONT KNOW THE STORY AND HONESTLY I DONT REALLY CARE AT THIS POINT... ALL YOU WANTA BE PHYC 101 AND LAW 101 STUDENTS : DONT WAST YOUR TIME.....LIERS AKA (LAWYERS) ARE FAMOUS AT TWISTING WORDS....SOMETHING HAPPENED AND CHRIS AND FETHY ARE THE ONE WHO KNOW IT AND IT MATTERS TOO.