Robin Williams to Undergo Heart Surgery

3/5/2009 5:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Robin WilliamsRobin Williams has postponed the rest of his comedy tour to have heart surgery.

A statement just released by his reps says Robin will have "to undergo surgery for an aortic valve replacement" -- and said his tour will hopefully pick back up in the fall.

The release also included this statement from Williams:

"I'm so touched by everyone's support and well wishes. This tour has been amazing fun and I can't wait to get back out on the road after a little tune-up."

matt

I hope that Robin makes a full recovery he is truely a great comic and a great person:)

lilkunta

He is on tour? On a comedy tour?

Victoria

Robin Williams isn't Jewish.

Robin Williams is an Episcopalian. His mother was a Christian Scientist.

Lil

So what if he did coke back in the day ...and exactly what are you youngsters doing ...Meth???? thats why he still has a career while most of these idiots nowadays are washed up after being a one hit wonder.
This man is a genius and I hope hes around for many many more years
Good luck Robin!!
I had it done 4 years ago,...its not fun but recovery is quick.

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

OMG. Robin, please take care and get well soon. You're the best!!!!! Love ya!

ParisNauseatesMe

All my best wishes to one of my very favorite entertainers.

Marla

I never in my life did any drugs of any kind, and I do not drink any alcohol, and I had to have a valve replacement. It's just something in life that happens . Could have and most likely was the fact that he had rheumatic fever when he was younger. I'm just saying.

NiceGuy

NA-NOO NA-NOO
In Orkin that means Hello ,but for a fan that means GET BETTER SOON,and get back up there on that stage where you belong!!!!!

dude

TOO MUCH COCAINE IN THE 80'S - 90'S WILL DO THAT TO YA!

midi

wow. hope he recovers ok.

STORMY7

Sending you some positive energy Robin.

killa'bro

who cares .... this is boring, take him to any street corner in watts with $ 10 hanging out of his pocket and let nature take care of the problem.

susan t

I saw Robin when he was in Dallas a few weeks ago...He was wonderful....I still am laughing...You are in my prayers....you will be fine ....Listen to the doctors.. ..You only played a doctor !!!!!!! Healing thoughts and angels are around you...

Democrats are evil

He's lucky he's not forced to receive Obama care. The Gov't would conclude that he's too old for this expensive surgery and his days would be numbered. Here's to having your own private health care.

kelley

I love this man who has made so many laugh...my wish for a speedy recovery!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments