Nickelodeon: If Chris Brown Wins, Blame Kids

3/9/2009 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown - NickelodeonEveryone's wondering why in the world accused woman beater Chris Brown is still up for two Kids' Choice Awards. We finally have an answer -- Nickelodeon is blaming the kids.

Instead of being responsible adults and taking a stance, Nickelodeon, which airs the award show at the end of the month, is hiding behind their tiny voters. A Nick exec tells TMZ Brown "was nominated by kids several months ago, and the kids who vote will ultimately decide who wins in the category."

In other words -- kids rule! Who needs adults stepping in to teach young minds why Mr. Brown might not be the best role model?

Remember, kids also want cake for breakfast, unlimited allowance and the keys to Dad's new Porsche.

montrey

I say keep him in. Regardless of what he did, he still earned it. Besides...if you did something terrible in your life, would you want it to affect your job? His career is his job.

M48

12. These comments have to be by other cultures because most Blacks support Rihanna and Chris equally. It is unfortunate that everytime something happens with an African American, they are not treated with the same courtesy in the judicial process as other cultures. I don't think people who are writing these mean comments about Chris are really in love with Rihanna, because if they were they would respect her privacy and allow them to sort out what they are trying to work through.

Posted at 4:32AM on Mar 9th 2009 by alady
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most African Americans support Chris Brown and think Rihanna provoked him saying she is everthing but a lady. You ignore the beating he gave her and the fact that he is a womanizer. And thats the only reason you think your equal. Many of you including Sam Jackson,Will Smith and Ashanti have a culture of supporting criminal behaviour ala OJ Simpson. Those who are supporting Chris Brown could careless about equality since deep down most of you know its was no equal fight thats why your boy ran off ans apologise.

2018 days ago

I am a teacher and part of the curriculum is Character Education. I have little ones that hit all the time. I constantly have to reinforce that is not tolerable. It goes against all my hard work when there is a kids award show nominating someone who has not just hit, but beaten another person. Please got to www.viacom.com and ask that Nick set an example and take his name off.

Angel

So #27 Gilligan, what is your opinion on Michael Phelps who admitted to committing two illegal acts, DUI and Marijuana use and Jamie lyn Spears, who did not commit an illegal act but got pregnant at 16, do you counsel your students on that as well and are you going to make your feeling about them clear to Nick as well? I'm sure you're not. Michael Phelps is probably your idea of all american and should be let off the hook.

deedee3

people please give it a rest.yes what he did was wrong,but did you guys do all this when Nick Carter beat Paris Hilton or when Sean Penn beat Madonna? NO .

jerseygirl707

ok, isn't it sad that we're debating whether to leave and accused abuse, a recreational drug user, a rapist, and a 16 yr old unwed mother on a kids choice ballot? whether they desearve forgiveness or loss of endorsements isn't tyhe issue. there are KIDS voting for their choice of who is most cool to them.

i am not black, so can not comment on your perspective in general. specifically I will say that my best friend and a coworker each are. each have sons old enough to know what's going on, and each have talked about how pissed they are that they get to talk to their sons who like chris brown about how it's NOT ok to beat a woman. domestic violence, horrid as it is, transcends race. there is not a single account of him denying what happened. there are disgusting photos of what this woman looked like. i just don't get how you can say african americans think there is an unfair rush to judgement here.

why?

#33

I AM BLACK AND I SAY WHAT CHRIS DID WAS DEAD WRONG AND HE SHOULD BE YANKED FROM ALL ENDORSEMENTS UNTIL HE GETS SOME SERIOUS HELP. I DO NOT FEEL A KINSHIP TO HIM BECAUSE WE SHARE A SKIN COLOR, BATTERY TOWARDS A FEMALE HAS NO COLOR. I AM SURE SHE PROVOKED THE FIGHT, BUT HE COULD HAVE DONE AT LEAST 1O OTHER THINGS TO CALM HER DOWN & THERE IS ALWAYS WALKING AWAY. NOW I HEAR THEY WILL WRITE A DOMESTIC ABUSE BOOK TOGETHER, WHO WOULD BUY THAT CRAP AND PUT MORE MONEY IN HIS POCKET. THIS INCIDENT BARELY HAPPENED, AND NEITHER OF THE PARTIES HAS OFFICIALLY ADMITTED ANYTHING BUT THEY ARE PLANNING WAYS TO MAKE MORE MONEY OFF US DUMB PEOPLE. FIRST CHRIS NEEDS YEARS OF HELP BEFORE HE CAN WRITE A BOOK. I WILL NOT SUPPORT NICK AWARDS SHOWS IF HE IS ALLOWED IN THE AUDIENCE. MY SON IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD AND NOW I FREAK OUT WHEN HE HITS HIS SISTER, I DO NOT WANT MY SON GROWING UP THINKING IT IS FINE TO BEAT WOMEN.

why?

I MEAN JERSEYGIRL707, NOT #33

Carrys F.

I wrote to Viacom, who owns Nickelodeon, to tell them of my upset. I also wrote to Nickelodeon. I hope they kick him out! Besides, he was nominated BEFORE he became a possible abuser. Things have changed since then. I hope tmz and other media outlets get on top of this!!

Carrys F.

Thanks for making the public aware of this, tmz. And also thanks for putting into perspective how FOOLISH Nickeldeon's response was. We need to keep pushing to have this man removed from the list. Let him have his day in court. Until then, I do not want my children thinking this man is a role model or deserves ANY award. Thanks tmz. Thanks.

Angel

Well thomas and beth, i hope you wrote about Michael Phelps and Jamie lynn spears. What kind of role models are they. They should all be removed if the kids are votng for role models.

vivian

leave chris brown alone you all are haters what else can i say he young rich black boy that is why all the racist poeple want to see him go to jail or not succssed is only a matter of time he will bauce back up

student

He should be allowed to stay....He is innocent until proven guilty and that is his job it has nothing to do with his personal life....what if you were fired for something that had no relevance to your job performance.....He shouldn't loose his job over what has happened....They both should get counseling let the law deal with Chris...and have the public stop trying to crucify this boy w/out having all the facts. Even then 1/2 the people in Hollywood should loose there careers because we all know white and black stars with checker board past....

Jenni

i agree with what he did was wrong. But he has earned the awards that he is up for, no matter what happened in his personal life he has done his job and does deserve to be up for the award. It was a terriable thing that he did, but thats his own life and he is already dealing with that. Sadley enough people do it everyday, only because he is in the spotlight people feel his punishment should affect his job, he has worked hard and should be able to recieve credit.

disgusted

Write to Nick and tell them your thoughts.