Make it Rain -- Korean Singer Sued for $30 Mil!

3/9/2009 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RainRain -- the so-called "Korean" Justin Timberlake -- is fast becoming better known to American fans for his lawsuits than his singing.

Rain, and a host of people in his camp, are being sued for bailing on a 2007 concert at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. According to a lawsuit filed today in Los Angeles Superior Court, Andrew Kim had the rights to the proposed concert -- but he took a huge financial hit when Rain bailed.

Rain was also sued in 2007 for missing a gig in Hawaii, allegedly over trademark and technical issues.

Kim is seeking an astronomical $30,000,000 -- plus punitive damages.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

CrystalDove

The only person who should be in court is JYP the management company, we all know that korean stars are NOT in charge the managagement companys are the ones who should be held accountable. Hang in there Rain, you are the greatest!!!!!

2012 days ago

Mary1803

What's with all these racist & hateful comments!? I'm American like most of you commentator's but I'm a Rain fan 100%! If you don't know or care about the man then why bother commenting, your just wasting your time, don't you think? Well anyways, Rain, hope everything goes well for him in the future!!! Anyways, KPop kicks ass, I LOVE it! I'll do my part in supporting him all the way! So Rain (Bi) keep fighting!!! XOXOXO ^_^v

2012 days ago

andiegd

I can't believe that some people can say bad things about this beautiful human being who is Rain.
Rain he has been, is and will always be a model to follow, this kind of negative comments are just lies, rain is well known not only in Asia but also in many countries around the world and each time he has a project to make in his career, he performed with all the joy, pride and dedication than many other people I know.

Rain you're fans love you soo much and don't worry for that kind of comments that only seek to harm someone as dedicated as you

2011 days ago

Fan club

The poster is stupid lol...
I love Bi...

2008 days ago

yoochun_love

SARANGHAE O JEONG JI HOON!

2008 days ago

Jung Ji Nee

I just want to tell you : " Don't be afraid...calm down and solve your problem perfectly"
And I hope you to know that I was born to love and support you.
Keep smiling...you're the most beautiful man when you're smiling^^

2007 days ago

Marie Packard

Okay, I resent many of the statements made about Rain! That's just crummy what that rick guy said and he ought to be ashamed of his racism!

2006 days ago

KinSut

Just shut ur f*kin' mouths, u bastard racialists

1999 days ago

isilvalie

Rain is innocent and does not deserve this. He has NEVER cancelled a concert and has performed with a broken arm and when ill in order not to disappoint fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCZBWUwzLOU). The Korean entertainment companies have their stars under contract, control their careers, often control their personal lives, and take most of their money. Rain was a victim of the managers and promoters who wanted to use his reputation for profit. He signed contracts committing to give his best performance and he was always prepared to do that. When the promoter failed to have the stage ready and cancelled the concert in LA, Rain begged to go on with just a bare stage. It was bad enough that his reputation and career were damaged by the original cancellations, but now he is being vicitmized a second time in American courts whose juries fail to understand the powerless position of stars under the Korean management system. All the best to Rain - I hope people will come to know the truth about him.

1991 days ago

Jul

whoever or whatever all you are... if all of you do not know who's Rain, you ARE NOT WORTH TALKING about him...
I'm not a Cloud (do you know what that 's mean? It's mean Rain' fan... he 's call his fan with that name. have you got a name with you idol ...?) back to the point, i'm not cloud, but i know Rain, i know how hard he working and he does everything with all his heart.by the way, he is always a GREAT STAR in asian...

1988 days ago

samantha

Personally i don't care about what anybody has to say about rain, i think he's a gorgeous man very sexy and talented so all u haters out there need to leave the man alone. I may be puerto rican and black, but i LOVE me some asain men MMM!!!

American

Wow, xcalibur...I'm an American and I care who Rain is. He is one of the best Hip-Hop artists I've seen in a long time. And the reason his "western" career isn't coming on yet is because English is one of the hardest languages to learn. I would like to see you film an entire movie (talking about "Ninja Assassin" ppl) in a language that you have just started learning. Your being judgmental and unfair. You couldn't do any of the things that Rain is doing. So please stop talking like you know how to sing, dance, and act. thx!

yangmichon

15 comment is completely absurd because he cannot even sing better than rain and how comes he is insulting him like that, which means he is a real jerk and idiot and above all rain has got millions of fans which he(15)does not have even one so better not to poke your nose in this business or comment it if you do not like and why do you even bother if you know him or if you do not care who he is,if you don't want to get shame just leave him alone AND I LOVE RAIN NO MATTER WHAT AND I WILL ALWAYS BE HIS FANS,LOVE HIM AND CARE FOR HIM.

yangmichon

15 comment is completely absurd because he cannot even sing better than rain and how comes he is insulting him like that, which means he a real jerk and idiot and above all rain has got millions of fans which he(15)does not have even one so better not to poke your nose in business if you don't want to get shame AND I LOVE RAIN NO MATTER WHAT AND I WILL ALWAYS BE HIS FANS,LOVE HIM AND CARE FOR HIM.

yoon ho ryu

Who gives a &&** about his gook what he needs to do is get a real job because he can't sing. Kpop is just diarrhea of sound. Hey china take him back.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10