Rihanna and Chris Brown

Duet

Feel the Love

3/10/2009 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ now has all the details about the secret late-night recording sessions between Rihanna and Chris Brown -- and they were jam-packed with emotion and serious drama, with some playful touching -- seriously.

Duet
The whole thing came together when they decided to reconcile shortly after the attack. Sources tell us music producer Polow Da Don convinced both Chris and Rihanna to get in the studio and record a love song stat, stressing that timing was important because the heightened emotions would translate powerfully into the music.

Both Rihanna and Chris agreed and snuck in a couple of "late night" sessions that we're told were "very, very emotional ... the feeling in the room was pure love." Clearly, love hurts.

As for how they got along, they were "playfully touching each other."

We're told the song was originally written for Rihanna before the fight, but after the beat down the producer believed the track -- which ironically focuses on overcoming difficult challenges as a couple -- would be the perfect duet.

Tracey

If he is getting anger management and domestic violence councelling and they truly love each other then who are any of us to judge. They may be famous but they are also people with feelings and emotions. This can be overcome and everyone needs to back off and leave them work it out. I'm sure her family will make sure she is safe. We all have to quit with the role model crap...she never asked to be a domestic violence role model. Chris is so young and if violence is what he saw growing up then the counelling he is taking will help him to grow and lead a wonderful life as a warm caring man. Yes...I speak from experience.

Gidgeygirl

They will end up playing the song at her funeral after he beats her to death.

GGG

" timing was important because the heightened emotions ' it goes to show money is everything. No care for the fans, no care for Rihanna, no care for anything but money and fame. Polow Da Don made a very poor choice to convince the two to do this song. The only thing that will come to mind if I ever choose to listen to it, is how Brown used Rihanna as a punching bag and how Rihanna was unable to stand on her own two feet and kick this woman beater to the kurb. This whole story disgusts me and I am fearful of what this message sends out to all the young fans(?). Wow!

sable

Its so sad that she not only gets her face bashed in by him, but how she is being used to keep his career! She really is dumb!!!!

Isa

so when does rihanna's parents step in and sue for conservatorship?? this is something both parents should step in on. for their daughter's safety. or her funeral. whatever.

GGG

#69. "I'm sure her family will make sure she is safe. " Hell, Rihanna's father has not even been able to contact her. And you think her family is there to protect her??? Only the money hungry mongers and a woman beater surround her.

Brenda

Where are her parents? This girl is obviously emotionally immature and incapable of making the right decisions. Putting career before mental and physical well being is just wrong from every angle. I have no respect for her. She deserves what she gets going forward. Idiot.

jaye

Girl better watch out that it's not her career that takes a beating because of this foolishness.

Renee

People seem to be missing the part where she was hitting and slapping him first. I say please to a lot of these people. Some of ya'll act like ya'll aint never fought with your mate. Like I said before we still have not seen the mugshot. Chris probably had wounds. I bet over half of these people talking sh*t will be blasting this song if it is hot which I think it will be. Please people. You still jam to MJ and R.Kelly. I guess it is okay to rape our kids, but get into a fight with eachother is wrong. Give me a break. Let them make their mistakes and make a come back. Bunch of hypocrytes.

tlynn

SHE HIT HIM FIRST! SHE HAS HIT HIM BEFORE! WHY DIDN'T SHE WALK AWAY! WHY DOES SHE GET A FREE PASS?EVERYONE IS OMG HE BEAT HER SO BAD, BUT THE FACT THAT SHE STARTED IT IS SWEPT UNDER THE RUG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? IT IS OK THAT SHE HIT HIM, BUT IT IS WRONG THAT HE HIT BACK!!!!!!! THOSE WHO DEFEND HER ARE JUST AS STUPID AS SHE IS!!

Brandywyne

It's really sad that she feels 'compelled' to stay with someone like that. They aren't married or have children, really no strings attached, and she's a beautiful girl....why stay? Self esteem and diginity are priceless.

Andre Da Costa

I just can't understand what could be going through her head. I just played two of her songs from 'Good Girl Gone Bad' which ask important questions and explains her current situation very well. But she seems to only be good at singing a song without a soul.

Question Existin' - she talks about always having to keep her guard up, ...does someone want to date me for who I am, be my friend for who I really am....

Cry - ...This time was different, Felt like I was just a victim, And it cut me like knife, When you walked out of my life
Now I'm in this condition, And I've got the symptoms, Of a girl with a broken heart....

Rihanna, listen to your own lyrics, they have a lot of good information. Chris Brown is only using you for one thing, to get back into people good graces to save his life and walk out of yours again. You are actually being used and you are blinded by love not to see that. You won't realize until it has backfired and your loyal fans turn their backs on you in disgust and disgrace.

You are making it even harder for black women from the Caribbean to make a breakthrough in the tough US market like you have. You have so many sisters here who look up to as a strong role model and to see you being taken advantage of like this is heart breaking. I was watching an interview with 'Brick & Lace' who said there are many barriers to getting into the US market:

1. Being a Woman
2. Coming from the Caribbean
3. Being Black

Rihanna, you have overcome this and you are throwing it away all for the sake of a school crush over some Alvin the Chipmunk buck teeth looking youth named Chris Brown, who knows, probably related to Bobby Brown looking idiot?

Rihanna, your health, your blood family and career come first, focus on those three and you should be ok. Trust me, there are handsome guys out there and they are not going anywhere, rich just like you, don't abuse and will always treat you like the Princess you are.

jimmie brown

i think the boy is a bitch if he hit her and she is dumb to go back to him it,s not that much love in the world

Danielle

That is just pathetic. I wonder at what point Rihanna will realize if she stays with that sad excuse for a male the public will turn their back on supporting her goals and dreams in life. Why would one more person buy anything of hers if it has the possibility of helping support that life style? Sometimes when the ones we care about are not strong enough to make the right choices for themselves, we have to make them see the light. I wonder how all these people who "care" about her are able to look in the mirror. Perhaps its because when they do look in the mirror they are not looking at bruises? It does not seem like concern or "caring" to me, it seems like they are trying to make money off of a very sad, pathetic situation. I hope that she is able to find a way to get out of that relationship alive and healthy, emotionally as well as physically,

Crazydrea

They are in love and people gp through things all the time. How many couples do the same thing chris did and end up happily married? But everyone should mind they own bizz and get another goal instead or worring about who beat who ass.