Nelson Bro to Wife -- Get Outta My Hair!

3/11/2009 6:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Matthew NelsonMatthew Nelson, the long, blonde haired guy from the 90s band Nelson, is pulling the plug on his marriage ... and get this -- the former rocker is the one asking for spousal support.

Nelson filed for divorce in L.A. County Superior Court on Monday, citing irreconcilable differences with his wife Yvette Stefens -- a former model who also played in the 2005 Lingerie Bowl.

Matthew and Yvette were married in 1995 ... about 4 years after the band had already ceased to be relevant.

karen ryan

I have to agree with #30. I have seen the "boys" many, many times and have actually met them a few times. I remember them, they of course not me. But I was holding a baby and Matt came over and asked to hold her and we just talked and talked. I am a HUGE fan of their fathers and when I saw the guys for the first time at the Crazy Horse in CA at a songwriters concert, it was amazing. They have a huge following here and if they are ever around, you have to get your tickets early because they sell out. I am sorry to hear of any marriage that goes south and very sorry to hear of this one too. They are not the band of the 80's anymore, they are better. The harmonys, guitar playing etc....is great. They are very talented as is the whole family. Not a lot of family has had their kinds of careers...singing, filling concert halls, big band eras and acting.....don't forget Tracy Nelson too.....and Sam, met him in Margaritaville....he was a lot younger then as we all were

1952 days ago

Gregory

Here's some gossip for you. My cousin was working this last Monday night at a big restaraunt opening in L A and supposely Yvette Nelson was there looking very together with the Star Jonathon Meyer from the show Tudors. I wonder if that's a new thing or why they're not staying married? Hopefully not.

1952 days ago

TexasGrl

I met Matthew in the early 90s in Texas when he and Gunnar were still touring as "Nelson." I can honestly say that I was surprised by his emotional depth and a bit saddened by his tales of an unhappy childhood. I was surprised to see what kind of girl he had married. (You know, Cindy C. was his dream girl.) I was 19, he 24, the first time we met. He was the most down to Earth guy I had ever, or would ever, meet. Good luck in love...It's all the matters in the end, anyway. P.S. I still have the photos from the radio station, Matthew (along with some good advice & great times you had given me). Best wishes to Tracy & Sam :-)

WHY OH WHY

First off: IF YOU THINK SHE WAS NOT CHEATING ON MATT WELL I HAVE A BRIDGE I WOULD LOVE TO SELL YOU. SECOND OF ALL THE LAWS IN CALIFORNIA ARE CLEAR IN A SPLIT DON'T ALWAS MEAN SHE IS INTITLED TO HIS MONEY EITHER BUT THINK PEOPLE OF ALL THE SO CALLED "MODEL" GIRLFRIENDS THAT USED THEM BODY,HEART,SOUL AND MONEY HOW MANY WOMAN BECAME RICH AND AT LEAST HAD 15 SECONDS OF FAME ( LAYING ON YOUR BACK IS NOT A JOB SKILL OH WAIT SHE WAS WELL PAID, SHE SHOULD PAY MATT AND I COULD TELL YOU A FEW OTHER THINGS I THINK SHE SHOULD DO BUT HEY I WILL LEAVE IT UP TO KARMA. IF SHE DON'T WANT MATT HE CAN COME LIVE WITH ME AND BRING ROO WITH HIM AND SHE CAN GO LIVE UNDER A BRIDGE LIKE THE TROLL SHE IS. WHY?? oh why??

SinnyAngel

shes nuts to cheat on such a sweet man. being ugly on the inside shows more than bueaty on the outside- makes you still ugly you should treat a man like that like the gold he is-be at yoy's (my sis) in may

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4