Chris Brown Withdraws From Kids' Choice Awards

3/11/2009 2:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownChris Brown is officially letting Nickelodeon off the hook, and taking himself off the list of nominees at the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards.

In a statement, his rep says:

"Chris very much appreciates the support of his fans and the honor they have paid him in the way of nominations for Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song.

Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding the incident last month has shifted the focus from the music to whether he should be allowed to be among those nominated.

While Chris would like to speak to his fans directly about this and other issues, pending legal proceedings preclude his doing so at this time. Once the matter before him has been resolved, he intends to do so."

A rep for Nickelodeon tells us: "We are confirming that Chris Brown has decided to withdraw his nominations from the Kids' Choice Awards. We agree with and respect his decision, and are looking forward to presenting a great event for our audience."

Unimpressed..

"Pulled Out!"

Yup.. and Only after Public Outcry.. IDIOTS..don't make ''smart moves''. They only agree to ''advised strategic career decisions''..which implement damage control. What a Loser!

1995 days ago

MarieLeClare3

He shouldn't have dropped out. These children must understand that real life is tough.

1995 days ago

Jason Ur

All the men in this losers life show how pathetic they are by still following him around.... they all sit there with their hands open just waiting for the spare change to fall out of his wallet.... even if he was my best friend i would beat his ass for what he did... he's a pathetic excuse for a human being and no where near a MAN... Body guards or not, if i ever saw this loser walking down the street the body guards would get a face full of mace and brown would get a fist in the mouth.... Are their no real men left in this worl??? its pathetic...

1995 days ago

Frenchie

"1. Good! Now when is that idiot Rihanna going to withdraw?"

Why is Rihanna an idiot?
Rihanna is not an idiot by any means. She is the victim in this situation. Sure, she may supposedly be going back to him, but that's her decision and that happens a lot in these types of situations--sometimes it works out for the better, sometimes it doesn't.

I personally think it's a good idea that Chris removed himself from this. Nickelodeon should have done it themselves, but that's not the point.
I think he'll eventually learn from his mistakes on his own but it's going to take time...

1995 days ago

stopthepresses

Hey you aZZwipes - I'm a GREAT PARENT with a great kid, but I don't have to justify myself to human CRAP like you people. I watch my mouth around my child - I save my foul language for the people who deserve it - little pecker-headed boys who beat up girls and the people who support them. And, I guess Chris Brown DOES CARE about the Nickelodeon Award, since he asked kids to vote for him the same DAY he beat the heLL out of Rihanna! HaHaH to THAT! Over and out, shi^wipes!! Have a great day!

1995 days ago

folawe

Lets just watch what we say cos really people are just so very judgemental and critical.
We celebrate celebrities for their work not their private life if not there will be no celebrities. Bring your child up in a responsible way and they will be able to tell the difference and shape their life selectively. Everybody make mistakes and no one deserves to loose his or her life for making one terrible mistake. He needs to be given a chance to learn from his mistake. i cant even believe you parents, i thought parent always have parental care for children or is it only for theirs? if he was your son, will you be saying this and please don't tell me your son can't make one mistake.
if you trained your kids ok they know violence isnt ok but we also know that forgiveness is important in life. i dont understand how parents can really want Chris life to be over, i cant comprehend that at all. he should loose all that he has including his friends because of this, he was too aggressive i agree, but to want his life to be over is very wicked in my opinion. plus we dont even know what really happened, apperently he has been a victim himself. i used to think parents are too caring and always want the best for kids and are always there to help keep them on track and when they fail they are always there to put them right back on track. i guess i was wrong. maybe parents are wired only to care for their own kids. this is really so sad.

1995 days ago

betsy

Rhianna is a victim. There is no reason for her to withdraw. Though I wish she would press charges and
seet an example for young girls everywhere. That being said, this is a children's show and men who beat the crap out of women have no business participating in it.

1995 days ago

STOP OCTOMOM!

Rihanna is no damn victim here.. Shes been violent all along!! Open your eyes, shes admitted to hitting him numerous times!!

1995 days ago

TINA

HE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS SOONER AND CHRIS STAY OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE FOR A WHILE.

1995 days ago

Jacqueline

Womanbeater, woman-womanbeater , you're a womanbeater
Oh womanbeater, oh you're a womanbeater, baby
You you you are, you you you are
Womanbeater, womanbeater, womanbeater. womanbeater...

Boy don't try to front
I (I) know just (just) what you are-are-are
Boy don't try to front
I (I) know just (just) what you are-are-are

1995 days ago

J

Dec 31, 2008.Club In Paris Rihanna told investigators that the first incident occurred in Europe three months ago. It was a verbal dispute, which led to RIHANNA SLAPPING Chris Brown. In self-defense, Chris put her up “against the wall” and told her to calm down.

2008.12.08- in Barbados The second incident occurred when the couple was visiting Rihanna’s family in her native Barbados back in August 2008. She described the incident as a verbal dispute, and added that no one was assaulted. An onlooker said Rihanna did punch Chris.

1994 days ago

stopthepresses

195. No 189 HAHA...HA, i cant believe you are a parent. you should be your kids greatest role model in their presence or not. so if you are saying its ok to use foul language when people deserve it, why doesn't an abusive person deserve to be abused.

Posted at 2:58PM on Mar 12th 2009 by folawe
************************************************************************************************************************************

Note: I never said I wanted his life to end. Yes, we all make mistakes, and guess what - we PAY FOR THEM! You do not reward somebody who apparently beat the living HeLL out of somebody (regardless of what SHE did) by giving them an award in front of CHILDREN! What about that do you not understand? I use foul language in this forum because I am MAD. You see, as a former victim of abuse - I know exactly what it's like to live that way, and I vow - NEVER AGAIN will I or one of my loved ones be used as punching or kicking bag! Anyone who tries had better have their coffin picked out! That's how MAD I am. I will answer for how I raise my children - actually I have two, to God, and that's pretty much IT!

1994 days ago

lynn

#15 I agree with you when he get the chance he will talk until then and even after I will still be a Chris Brown Fan. Love You CB

1994 days ago

justice

If Chris withdraws for his misconduct why haven't we asked that Micheal Phelps withdraws for his misconduct? Fair is fair! So we can pass jugement and all hate on Chris but the young man that represents the USA can stay as a nominee. chris was wrong and made a mistake but he is talented and none of us can take that from him. Even if we hate what he did.

1994 days ago

da1nonly

ahhh man dat sux, hes a good singer, yeah everyone is talkin crap about him, but ya still listening to his music huh!!!??ya blamin it all on him!!! Chris im on ur side dude!!!

1993 days ago