Chris Brown Withdraws From Kids' Choice Awards

3/11/2009 2:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownChris Brown is officially letting Nickelodeon off the hook, and taking himself off the list of nominees at the upcoming Kids' Choice Awards.

In a statement, his rep says:

"Chris very much appreciates the support of his fans and the honor they have paid him in the way of nominations for Favorite Male Singer and Favorite Song.

Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding the incident last month has shifted the focus from the music to whether he should be allowed to be among those nominated.

While Chris would like to speak to his fans directly about this and other issues, pending legal proceedings preclude his doing so at this time. Once the matter before him has been resolved, he intends to do so."

A rep for Nickelodeon tells us: "We are confirming that Chris Brown has decided to withdraw his nominations from the Kids' Choice Awards. We agree with and respect his decision, and are looking forward to presenting a great event for our audience."

jandean61

LAPD NEEDS TO DISTUBUTE THE OTHER PICTURES SO THE PUBLIC GO SEE WHAT A MONSTER CHRIS BROWN IS!

Open-minded

I think that he did the right thing by pulling out, but at the same time that was an award for his music not his character. All these comments talk about what a bad guy he is but I have noticed that no one is trying to hear both sides of the story. I am a former abuse victom and I am no longer with the person that abused me but I do know that when they admit they have a problem and they truly seek help they can change for the better.

Andrea

I'm glad that Chris took himself off the ballot, shows he has a LITTLE BIT of common sense.

My question is, why didn't anyone argue to have Michael Phelps removed because of his pot smoking...not to mention the underage DUI he got a few years ago.

Angel

#22, why do you and others feel the need to call people names all the time. This site has the most hateful coments I have ever seen. Your point would ahve been just as effective without acting so verbally aggressive to others.

Breezy and Rih Rih are good talented people so hopefully when this is over and they sort out whatever issues they have festering that led to this mess, they wouldmake good music again and be nominated for the Kids Role model Awards. Hope they are able to keep on the straight path too cause lord knows all these people are just looking for another young star to go off on. SMDH.

still loving them

#22, get a life, stop screwing your siblings, and raising back woods, 3 eye bastard children. I come on here to see what idiots like you really do all day while the rest of us are at work, and when I'm on lunch and have nothing better to do, I read what the unemployed, low life trash does. So that's why I'm on here. Get a clue and stop screwing your mom you inbred trash

Sad and Sick of this

I have to agree with #18 get over this... Every one is posting what they think they would do in this situation; however until one is placed in this type of situation you don't know how you would handle it. As for children have Chris and Rihanna as role models...it's your fault as a parent to have your young children looking at celeberties as someone to memic. What is your role as the parent????? Take responsiblty for your children and stop having them idolize the Chris Brown's and the Rihanna's of the world. Chris and Rihanna are both very young and they truly have made a major mistake. I pray for Chris and Rihanna i pray that she recovers and i pray that he gets help. At the age of 19 i was one to reckon with, I'm not an abusive women but at 19 i would fight a mf. As an adult i realize that there is more to life than fighting. We all grow and leave childish things behind. If Chris and Rihanna decides to get back together that's there business. And if you all decide not to buy there music then thats your business. All you negative people need to really get a life an stop judging.... who are you to judge anyway. SAD AND SICK OF THIS ALL !!!!

Pammie8

get over it, first off its painfully obvious you arent a parent and secondly hypocrite why are you on a gossip site telling everyone to stay out of celebrities personal lives? Get a clue.

Jamie

Good! But he recieves no probs for this, its just a ploy to make him look better to the public. I commend him for withdrawing, but it doesnt change my opinion on him.

maya

FINALLY!!! first respectable thing he's done so far. probs for the PR team

Cassidy!

So sad :( I knew he would win though... Stop giving Chris a hard time , cut the crap , get a life and stop focusing on his.

It's so childish of you people out there, writing unessesary things ... :S

Love u chris

still loving them

First of all I have 3 children and all are well raised and do not depend on celebrities to show them how they are supposed to act. I sit down with each of my children EVERY night and see what happened at school, with friends etc. My 12 year old straight A honor roll student son wrote a report the other day about the person he most admired and he picked me, not Chris Brown, not Rihanna. So instead of everybody putting the blame of all of these children being screwed up, and not being raised correctly, look at their home life. And as far as being on here, we were just sitting at work and wondering what losers do all day when people like us are working.

Eric

HE IS A LOSER AND SO IS RIHANNA. I DON'T CARE HOW MANY SO CALLED VISITS TO THE CLUB SHE DOES. SHE IS SAD AND PATHETIC. CB IS AN ABUSER. BOTH NEED TO GO AWAY AND SO DO ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS WHOLE DRAMA MESS.

Anne

Good choice for Chris to remove himself. Sounds like Nickelodeon was between a rock and a hard place. Kudos to you (Chris Brown & HIS CAMP) for being smart enough and stepping up to realize that what has "transpired" is not good for the children. Anytime you have an issue like this the first questions should be "Is it good for the children"

Dano HI 50

Chris Brown is a Punk.

Mike

The funny thing out of all this is HE WOULD HAVE WON THAT AWARD. It's funny, if he didn't withdraw he would have won it easily from what I heard it wasn't even close. Chris was winning by a landslide. LOL!