Rihanna & Chris Brown

Together ... Or Not

3/11/2009 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Together or Not
Sources connected with Rihanna and Chris Brown tell us there's friction in the two camps -- over whether Rihanna and Brown should be seen in public together.

Rihanna's people are on high alert to make sure no one gets a photo of the alleged victim and the alleged felon together. They believe at this point it would be "extremely damaging" to her career. That may explain why we got video a few hours ago of Rihanna leaving a club at 4:00 AM without Brown.

On the other hand, Brown's peeps want nothing more than the shot showing that they're tight.

And then there's this ... a number of people who interact with Rihanna both personally and professionally want her to cut Brown out of her life for good. They resent him and are outraged at what he did.

Relationships are complicated.

sheesh

They are both IDIOTS!!!! They deserve each other!!!!!!! It started with a text, and her hitting him because of the text. He got so mad he hit back. She started the fight, but him being a man and much stronger he should have checked his anger. It just got the better of him and he started whailing on her. I'm not saying she got what she deserved but if she hadn't started throwing punches first it wouldn't have happened. They need to break up and both get anger management counseling. Get into a NORMAL relationship that doesn't consist of abuse. STUPID IDIOTS

mycini

This is just sad. Such a beautiful, talented young women getting caught up in this Jerry Springer sheot. Have some self-respect and cut him loose. He's a boy. You need a man. I know from my own life experience that if a man truly loves a woman, he could never bring himself to beat her up like that. Hey Chris ... when your girl catches you getting a booty call, you deserve to get slapped. You don't have the right to whip her ass then just because you got caught.

jaye

The trouble is that Rhianna isn't outraged. She must want a lifetime of him tearing that ass up. If that's, the case, people should stop feeling sorry for her. She's known what he's like for a long time. She told the cops that the violence has been escalating. That means he's been violent toward her before.

GGG

Chris Brown's 'booty call' in Rihanna beating blamed on manager Tina Davis. Tina Davis is an out right child molester who needs to do jail time. Brown is a woman beater who needs to do jail time. Rihanna - I just hope and pray she sees the light and gets the hell away from both of them. What a mess. What the hell is this world comming to for idiots to 'forgive' and brush under the carpet this kind of trash. Kids, watch closely as dumb asses condone this bull s--t. What a compelte joke.

Conan!

Who the EFFF Cares anymore!!!

gid

who give a crap about these so call stars. they can drop dead , dips

Nicole lafleur

AS A WOMEN WHO GREW UP WATCHING ABUSE ON MY MOTHER FROM A STEPFATHER.. ALL I CAN SAY IS SHE IS NO ROLE MODEL FOR ANYONE THE FACT THAT SHE IS PUBLICLY TAKEN HIM BACK IS SICKING...AND I CAN ASURE YOU IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN... SO DON'T BREED PLEASE..AND FOR HIM CHRIS BROWN AKA IKE,OJ... MAKE THE MOST PUBLIC EXAMPLE OF THIS GUY PLEASE IF YOU COULD PUT PARTY GIRL PAIRS IN JAIL FOR DUI OR WHATEVER THAN THIS WOULD BE THE NEXT EXAMPLE AND PLEASE LET HIM GO AMONG THE OTHER INMATES TO GET A TASTE OF WHAT HE DID TO HER... THANK GOD MY DAUGHTER IS STILL YOUNG ENOUGH TO BE LISTENING TO HANNAH MONTANNA MUSIC CAUSE IN NO WAY WOULD I WANT ROBYN TO BE A ROLE MODEL.. AND WHEN ALL THIS CAME DOWN ..AND NO CELEBRITY WOULD TAKE A STAND ...THANK YOU AS ALWAYS WITH STYLE AND CLASS TO JADA PICKET SMITH ON A RED CARPET EVENT NONE THE LESS FOR PUTTING IT OUT THERE SAYING IN NO WAY IS THIS ACCEPTABLE..SEEMS ALOT OF YOUR PEERS NEED THE LESSON ALSO...SO WELL DONE TO HER...

Kate

As a mother my heart goes out to this young girl. She needs the guidance of her mother and solidarity of all women. I really hope that people will voice their disapproval of Chris Brown by choosing not to buy any of his DVD's or any product which he is associated with. I know I will. I live in Ireland and recently purchased tickets for my 16 year old daughter to see him in concert as part of her Christmas presents. I will never allow my daughter to go to one of his concerts again or purchase any of his DVDs.

MADRADDER

I'm already done with Chris Brown, and if it turns out all the speculation is true, and they are back together, then I'm done with Rihanna too. To think I was a big fan of both at one time. I'm disgusted with both of them now! Didn't she see What's Love Got To Do With It, The Ike and Tina Story? Because it's the same thing.

mycini

Most of the older women in show biz or the news business have spoken out against this situation. It's the younger ones and the people in the industry that are seemingly afraid their career might be hurt, that aren't taking a stand. How hard is it say ..." I don't care what she did or what the fight was about, he shouldn't have done that." Many of them won't do it though, and it's gutless. Instead, you get this "well, I'm praying for them both ... and we should let them work it out .... we don't know what happened." Yeah we do. He whipped her ass. Anything that happened before that really doesn't matter. I just wish some of the geniuses in the music industry understood that.

Michael Madsen

Best way for Obama to get the Economy under control? Enact an executive order to clean up Hollywood. The new HMP - Hollywood Moron Policy.
Send a few thousand troops into AfghaniBrown and clean up this mess.
Ship all the Hollywood morons they can capture to "Pitt-Mo" (Brad Pitt's Family room) and hold them indefinetly.
The American Entertainment consumer will save so much cash, this recession will disappear over night.
Please... support the HMP initiative.
All the Stimulus we need.

George

She's stupid if she takes him back like nothing ever happened! So she hit him first....big deal! Only a p***y would hit a woman back. Had he been smart, HE could have gone to the cops and charged HER.

Nicole lafleur

I AGREE NO ONE WANTED TO COMMENT AT FIRST IT WAS PRAY FOR THEM AND CALLED IT A SITUATION BUT THAT MADE ME ANGRY AT THEM .. I THINK IF THEY ACTUALLY HAD ANY KIND OF COMMENT ANDTOOK A STAND I WOULD OF RESPECTED THEM MORE AND IN MY EYES IT WOULD BE GOOD PR FOR THEM THEY ACTALLY THINK... AND A MIND OF THEIR OWN..YOU WON'T SEE ME WATCHING CSI WHEN SEAN PUFF DADDY PDIDDY OR WHATEVER HE CALLS HIMSELF NOW IS ON IT OR ANY MOVIE HE IS IN OR ANY MUSIC HE MAKES ... AND WHAT IS UP WITH HER MANAGER OR WHATEVER JZ IS TO HER EVEN HE HAD NO BALLS TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN ASKED LIKE REALLY... BYE SAYING WE DON'T NO WHAT HAPPENED TO BRING THAT ON SO DOES THAT MEAN IF THEIR WIFES DO SOMETHING THEY DON'T LIKE IT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN TO THEM IF SO BEYONCE RUN....

Michael Madsen

I support the HMP initiative!

ZMacTony

Chris Brown aught to have his butt kicked by a bunch of girls & slaped around for a while, then he'll know how it feels! Pesonally, I'd kick his butt myself!