Joaquin Pulled from Brawl -- Pulling Our Leg Too?

3/12/2009 10:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joaquin Phoenix jumped off the stage and attacked a fan at a Miami show last night -- but, like anything with him these days, the whole thing could be one big set up.

JOaquin Phoenix: Click to watch
It all went down at LIV nightclub at the Fontainebleau, when Phoenix exchanged insults with a guy in the crowd telling the heckler, "I've got millions of dollars in my f**king bank account. What do you got?"

Phoenix then launched himself off the stage and started throwing punches at the "f**king a**hole." The crowd erupted and started chanting "Joaquin, Joaquin" until Phoenix was eventually dragged away by club security.

FYI -- Casey Affleck was filming the whole thing.

britbritisaskank

It should be obvious by now what he is doing, especially since Casey Affleck is FILMING all of this. This is some BORAT-type movie that is being created where the actor interacts with real life people. Not original, not funny, and a waste of at least one genuine talent (Phoenix--not Affeck). Nothing this thrown together is ever any good. Do you think Watchmen would work if the director just came on the set and said, "Let's wing it."?

southernbelladonna

Who cares anyway and who cares about his money? If a police report shows up, then it was real. Pretty simple right? Afleck is not going to waste his time playing games just because they are in-laws. If they are working on something it is really lame and nobody wants to see it.

pattie in cali

hes no ANDY GOD REST HIS SOUL, this guy is a jerk, hes not funny, he was great in walk the line, but this is not funny, is he on drugs, is he about to go off the deep end, YOUR NOT FUNNY, get your head togather, grow up,

my my my

Perhaps instead of his brother-in-law filming his antics he should try to get him help... this is sad

Stronger than Rihanna

I'm with #6 - Joaquin is HOT HOT HOT.

Jim

Drop this fool off at the Viper Room.

shaybee

I sitll love him although I hope it is just for some funny mockumentary. He is a great actor.

Karen Ann

To Bebop, #32, that's exactly what I said it my previous post.

Pistol

He is boring beyond belief.

doodahday

The "IS IT FORREAL" sh*t is getting old. Stop asking. This guy is a lunatic. Accept it.

geemo

Hey he is after all Puerto Rican even though he sucks let him get his rap on'''''''The dude is confused

MJ

I sure hope this is an act, but if it isn't, someone needs to get him some help before he self destructs like his brother. He is such a talented actor, I really hate to see him blow it, but he sure seems to be. It looks like his family would realize it if it is for real, and do something, especially since they have lost so much already.

pendav

I agree with the "The Real Deal"....he is such a screw up..if he thinks for one minute that these antics will make him more popular...holy CRAP is he wrong!! This will follow him the rest of his career...for example...what do you think of when I say WINONA?!?!

jeanie

I wish his brother River Had not died. He was the talented one

yowza

From one of the greatest acting performances ever in 'Walk The Line' to this! I'm embarrassed for him.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments