Revlon:

Is Rihanna

A Flawed Covergirl?

3/14/2009 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0312_rihanna_covergirl_ex-1Revlon has secretly hired a huge polling company to find out if Rihanna is hurting its competitor, Covergirl.

An online survey is circulating by the folks over at Harris Interactive. The survey -- which we've learned was commissioned by Revlon -- features a Covergirl commercial for mascara. It then questions people if they are aware of the person in the commercial (without saying Rihanna's name), if they've heard about her in the news lately, if they have an opinion about the person and if they feel the person is "an appropriate spokesperson" for the product.

The obvious implication here -- are women pissed off that Rihanna got back with Chris Brown and therefore would be less likely to buy Covergirl products? That's what we're thinking.

We confirmed with Harris Interactive that the poll is a "proprietary study by Revlon" -- translation: no one was supposed to know Revlon was doing recon on its competitor.

We spoke with someone at Revlon who said she'd get back to us. We're still waiting.

PROOF

125. can you people stop attacking rihanna come on if you look at wats she's doing now being out and about without chris you can see that she is trying and she's no weakling or stupid. She's been through enough leave her alone every single person has flaws so back off!! We need to hope for the best for both her and chris they're both young and need help not judgement because people we are no better than they are. One more thing i used Revlon b4 but never again how dare they take advantage of someone's pain for profit!!!! Bastards!!!!

Posted at 7:02PM on Mar 13th 2009 by kereen

Sorry, Kareen - but you are wrong!

She HAS been out with him...the night before last! And I guess you haven't heard that before they were out at that club until 4am together, they were in the studio RECORDING A DUET - a LOVE SONG?? How is that "being out and about without Chris"???

How is that NOT "stupid and weak"??? It's very difficult to look at her having gone back to him, having stated that "his attacks kept getting worse"...meaning this was not the first time he had beat her...and not "judge" her! Celebrities put themselves in these situations - to be "roll models" and they accept that roll when they decide they want to be in the spotlight. I don't think it's right...but I don't have children and I sure as heck don't look up to these people. I am plenty old enough to look only to myself for what I need.

So these "attacks" as you call them are not unfounded, in my opinion. NOT that she "did this to herself" because I don't believe that for one second, and if you read my comment from a short time ago you will see that. But she DID put herself back into this situation - more than once! And that I do blame her for! She has the financial ability to get out of this, she has people around her to help her - if she wanted it! Based on her actions, she doesn't. And for that, I do find fault with her. Sorry, can't see it any other way!

Annette

I think the implication is that beauty can mix with some scandals - but not all. There's nothing beautiful about domestic violence. It's not about Rihanna reuniting with Chris. It's about the scandal as a whole.

maya

Sorry, Kareen - but you are wrong!

Posted at 7:54PM on Mar 13th 2009 by DO NOT believe everything you read!

it's ironic that your name is DO NOT believe everything you read and yet you believe that chris and rihanna were partying together till 4am and that they recorded a duet together. both stories have been proven false so dont jump too fast on the judgment wagon.

bajan girl

I feel so sad for RiRi, she is setting a bad precedent for young girls and women everywhere. It is quite obvious
she needs sound advise and parental guidance , we in Barbados will continue to pray for her. We too are sadden by her
return to Chris.

bajan girl

PROOF

Posted at 9:30PM on Mar 13th 2009 by maya
************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well, I posted my comment 1 1/2 hours before you wrote this - and from what I see on Google, the reports of it being false were made in the past 2 hours. Since it was "confirmed by CNN earlier today" by the producer and now someone else is saying it's false...you can hardly blame me for believing mainstream media. It's not as if I was just taking a report from Star magazine or something. It was reported by everyone in the past 36 hours, including GMA, Anderson Cooper, etc. I realize it could be in fact false, but can you really prove that?? They WERE together - there were actually pictures taken of her in the club and him leaving it a few minutes later. I SAW THEM! I guess those could be made up too...but again, these were from "normally reputable news media".

So while the reports may be proven inaccurate - and I don't know that they are actually - it's hardly something you can get up on your high horse at me about! I guess you believe everything you read/hear because you believe they were proven "false" now? Unless you are in their inner circle, I doubt you know either way other than what is being reported.

I will reserve my opinion until I read/hear further details about these "false reports" because I think this could easily be their camps "covering up" since there is such outrage!

Rebeca Johnston

Cover Girl should not drop Rihanna. As a person who is still recovrering from domestic abuse 17 years later, I know that my position as a role model to young girls made it much easier for them to seek help. They realized that if I, a beautiful, sexy, highlly-educated person in a high position could be beat up, then it was NOT their fault that their boyfriends were abusing them. Of course, I was in recovery, having gone through counseling, so I knew the signs of abuse. They didn't have to tell me; the fear in their eyes told the story. Please don't be so quick to judge this young woman. This man didn't ask her out and punch her lights out. He broke her down, little by little, until she felt that without him she was nothing. She needs help, but she needs to be giiven a chance to get there. Keep her in your prayers. I personally believe that the picture of her, beaten up beyond recognition, should be posted in every high school with a sign that says: If this could happen to a "pop princess", it can happen to you, too. Get help.

The violence will escalate if she does not leave him, but keep in mind that the average woman leaves an abusive man seven times before she leaves him for good. Right now, she is confused, ashamed, suffering from feelings of guilt and humiliation, and being battered by his creepy friends. She needs a support system to separate her from him and his cronies so she can get the help she needs to be the best role model for young girls today.

Olde Grfeywoolf

TO "DO NOT believe everything you read!"

Try reading the POLICE REPORT from that night. I have. Per her own statement, SHE took his phone and saw the PRIVATE message while HE was driving. SHE, according to HER, "started hitting and slapping" Chris. HER words, not mine.

Take the blinders off, idiot. Somking Gun.com has the complete report if youcare to read it and learn something before you spout off any more. Here is ghe link: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/ .

Suri needs a coat!

I like CoverGirl products. I don't care who endorses them/who is in their ads. Revlon has some beautiful models, but I simply don't like their stuff as well and it's more expensive. I will continue to buy CoverGirl because it works for my skin and my wallet. Stars rise and fall all the time. I can't stand Sarah Jessica Parker, don't think she's pretty at all, but that doesn't stop me from buying Garnier hair products - they work for my hair and that's what matters.
As for the abuse scandal, it's just sad all the way around. Doesn't matter who started it. Brown should have pulled over and they both could have walked away and let it go.

ptt

I love how some people keep saying it's Rihanna's business alone. Sorry, as much as it may make sense to you, it's WRONG.
Everytime she gets a beating, the cops will have to race to her home, courts will get involved ==== your tax dollars and mine.
To Covergirl, even if a moderate number of women take offense, that's a lot of money. I'm surprised that a woman in Rihanna's situation--successful, financially independent, with family and friends and fans--would accept anyone hitting her. As great as she is in other ways, she's an IDIOT. How many girls will now see her and think that it's ok if a guy hits you the first time? She's a fool and I hope she gets her just rewards, whatever form that may be. WHAT A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A WOMAN WHO HAS OPTIONS AND MEANS.

pomoc

What a secret.???

k

Why is Rihanna the one being osterized for this? What about CHRIS BROWN? She shouldn't be the one being punished for his actions. I hear his songs being played all over the radio but notice a big decrease in her music. Isn't he the one with criminal charges? We should be standing up for this girl and someone should want to help her not make bad decisions - not tearing her down for them.

anomar

coverUPgirl

Stephannie

i don't see what her commercial has to do with her personal problems... plus its just makeup. it's not like your buying a shirt with rihannas face on it or something.

Shes pretty and she deserves to be a Covergirl [=

hate her

No we shouldn't if she's the one that's violent, and she is. Rihanna broke a bottle over her brother's head and everyday you are hearing more and more about how violent, controlling, and possessive she is. Every since the incident not one person has come forward with these same allegations about Chris. Now which one has the characteristics of a batterer. Do your research and you will see who really is the silent victim.

thaprettyone03

Rihanna is a beautiful covergirl spokesperson. What she do in her personal life is her business. Any "regular" person wouldn't want anyone from their job or from the outside in their business, so she should get the same respect. What does her life have to do with mascara anyway? She is a singer to entertain us, nt a role model. People should learn the difference.