Jackie Mason: Obama's a "Schwartza"

3/15/2009 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jackie MasonComedian Jackie Mason used what some say is a racial epithet in describing President Barack Obama during his act Thursday night, infuriating at least several people in the crowd.

During a performance at Feinstein's at Loews Regency in NYC, Mason referred to Obama as a "schwartza" -- some say it's equivalent to the "N" word -- others say it's just part of the Yiddish culture and a literal translation of the word "Black."

We're told one person walked out fuming, "He's more offensive to the Jews than Madoff tonight."

We spoke with Mason by phone a few minutes ago, and he was outraged at the criticism, saying, "I'm not going to defend myself. Chris Rock has told a lot more jokes about whites than I have against Blacks. What about the demeaning words Blacks say about Jews?"

Mason added, "If it's a racist society, the white people are the ones being persecuted because they have to defend themselves." Mason called people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson "professional racists."

Mason added, "I'm an old Jew. I was raised in a Jewish family where 'schwartza' was used. It's not a demeaning word and I'm not going to defend myself."

And there was this parting shot: "I'm more talented than Oprah Winfrey and look at how much she makes. I can't even make a living."

UPDATE:
Rev. Al Sharpton just sent us this statement:

"At this stage in Jackie's life and career he should get our prayers more than our responses. It is sad that maybe he forgot he used the same term against Mayor David Dinkins when he was elected the first African-American Mayor of New York City and got in trouble for it. As for him attacking me, maybe he forgot that he has had me on his TV show and has taken me to dinner and commended me for forgiving a white male who tried to kill me by stabbing me while I was leading a non-violent march. I'm sure Jackie just forgot."

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

..tht term has been around for a long time and used by ignorant Jewish people , especially in NYC. I lived there and dated a Jewish Doctor and he used tht slang all the time, really showed me..doesn't matter wether u r rich or poor, ignorance is just imbredded and it is one thing about him I was really disgusted with everytime he said. That was many yrs ago, but u just know he is as ignorant with the slang today as he was back then, just like this classess Mr. Mason.

ignorant

Yes segregation, police brutality against blacks (sean bell), Jena 6 was hundreds of years ago LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should go back and read what I was responding to

Bex

WHAT ABOUT THE TELEVISION CHANNEL "BET"...BLACK ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL? NOW THAT'S RACIST! IF THERE WAS A CHANNEL CALLED "WHITE ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL" ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE! RACISM AGAINST WHITES HAPPENS ALL THE TIME! SO LIVE WITH IT, A**HOLES!

yessir

"Did you read all you blogs?"

Sorry honey I speak English and that makes no sense.

" I won't be rude "

no instead you'll be dishonest and alter and misrepresent someone's statements. LOL

Dikephobic

He only said what everyone is thinking. The race card is getting old. It's way overused and out of control. People are getting very SICK of it. I just feel bad for all the white people now.

yessir

"WHAT ABOUT THE TELEVISION CHANNEL "BET"...BLACK ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL? NOW THAT'S RACIST! IF THERE WAS A CHANNEL CALLED "WHITE ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL"

Every channel besides BET is WET. hence the need for BET's creation. You have dozens of shows like Friends who show no black people whatsoever. Blacks have to resort to making their own shows if they want to be represented.

The real story!

You people hate blacks and there not even saying it. What a bunch of losers you dummys must be. Michael Jackson had the word KITE in his song and every body got there panties in a bunch. This Turd Mason says some BS and dummy find a way to defend him. If it's not a bad word then why are we having this blog? Because Real Jewish people see it as Wrong not to try and do this Code BS but still be insulting. When has any black comedian talked about Jews? What was the joke? And who said it? To make a generalization about all because black comedian are volger that give mason the right to LIE on them huh? You people are a real POS!

Theo

i personally agree with hitler

UNBELIEVABLE

66. "
Oh yea, let's hold the whites of today responsible for sh!t that happened hundreds of years ago"

Posted at 3:52PM on Mar 15th 2009 by yessir

What about Robert Shelton ,Mitchell Coral Eugene Watts, Danny Preddie and Ricky Preddie.

* FACT: 90% of all inter-racial crime is black-on-white (ie, committed BY blacks AGAINST whites).

* FACT: There are 20,000 black-on-white rapes every year in the US, but fewer than 100 white-on-black rapes.

* FACT: The majority of hate crimes are committed by blacks, in spite of the fact that blacks make up only 12% of the population, and in spite of the great reluctance of authorities to report hate crimes when they are committed by blacks. (That means that blacks commit VASTLY MORE hate crimes in proportion to their numbers than whites!)

Look it up. Stop ragging on whites. By the statics it looks like you owe us an apologie.

Joanne

Don't forget that both Jesse Jackson and Michael Jackson said demeaning things about Jews.. I guess that is ok?? N-O-T!!! My grandmother always used the word, "Shvartza" and it meant A BLACK PERSON, NOT THE N WORD... She never would have called someone equivalent to the N word.. So there.. And she used Yiddish terms alot... Same with my paternal aunts and uncles (who were from Poland and Russia). My grandmother was from Austria..

UNBELIEVABLE

66. "
Oh yea, let's hold the whites of today responsible for sh!t that
happened hundreds of years ago"

Yes segregation, police brutality against blacks (sean bell), Jena 6
was hundreds of years ago LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 3:52PM on Mar 15th 2009 by yessir

What about Robert Shelton ,Mitchell Coral Eugene Watts, Danny Preddie
and Ricky Preddie.

* FACT: 90% of all inter-racial crime is black-on-white (ie,
committed BY blacks AGAINST whites).

* FACT: There are 20,000 black-on-white rapes every year in the US,
but fewer than 100 white-on-black rapes.

* FACT: The majority of hate crimes are committed by blacks, in spite
of the fact that blacks make up only 12% of the population, and in
spite of the great reluctance of authorities to report hate crimes
when they are committed by blacks. (That means that blacks commit
VASTLY MORE hate crimes in proportion to their numbers than whites!)

Look it up. Stop ragging on whites. By the static’s it looks like
you owe us an apology.

The media never reports any of this it’s always what white do to blacks. It’s time the media reports fairly. They are racist against

pria

He gets a free pass cause he is Jewish.....

He's just another Idiot

We still love you and think you are hilarious, Jackie Maston. Blacks are much bigger racists than whites. Beside strutting around acting like a Dictator, Obama should visit the Inner Cities and do something about the crime. In my city, blacks are mudering, starting fires with their meth labs, raping, dropping out of school. Until blacks take some responsibility for their actions, they will always be thugs and goons. Obama do something about your people - if you care.

LDD

Ok...... SICK of hearing about how the blacks were slaves and SICK about hearing how the JEWS were in concentration camps... WE KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE I hear about racism atleast once a day and it's almost ALWAYSSSSS a black person talking about it.... and YESSSSS there is TONNES of racism against white people.. YES there weren't many WHITE slaves, BUT FOR GOD SAKES STOP talking about RACISMMMM and SLAVERY.... we KNOW.. it wasn't YOU that was a slave, your ANCESTORS were...... white people have to watch every little word they say, what do we call a black person???? cause by golly if I pick the wrong word, may it be Black person, Negro? I never know what to call you because SOMEONE is always reacting and saying it's RACIST.. PICK A WORD and stick with it for God SAKES!!!! and stop calling yourselfs the n word if you want everyone else to... saying you can still call yourselfs that is the stupidist thing I have ever heard, and you wonder why there is still racism.. HELLO!?!?!?!.

UNBELIEVABLE

77. "Did you read all you blogs?"

Sorry honey I speak English and that makes no sense.

" I won't be rude "

Posted at 4:06PM on Mar 15th 2009 by yessir

I did not move any of your words around. That is exactly what you stated. But if you want to call your words dishonest than I agree. You are dishonest and you know that is what you said an meant.

Sorry but I have to leave. I do have a life.

I hope you find peace in your life and stop blaming other.

Have a great day.