DJ AM Wants a Cool $20 Mil in Jet Crash

3/16/2009 7:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMWe've just obtained new documents in DJ AM's lawsuit against the company that booked the jet that crashed. The surviving passenger wants $20 million -- minimum.

The way it breaks down, DJ AM wants at least $10 mil in damages for medical bills, lost earnings and profits and other economic damages. And he wants another $10 mil for mental and physical pain and suffering and other "non-economic losses."

El Scorcho

I hope you burn in hell (again) you loser. Taking money from the pilot's wives and children, you should be ashamed of yourself.

MM

He must be joking!!! Lost wages for a DJ and medical expenses...worth 10 million...hahahaha!!! Mental anguish...another 10 million....bahahaha!!! It's his only hope of ever making any real money. Maybe he should have purchased income insurance, medical insurance, or injury insurance prior to this happening in his life. It pays to be prepared for the worst. Unless the company was extremely negligent then it was an accident and he shouldn't get squat from them. That's why it's called an accident. I had a close to death motorcycle accident six years ago and got a whopping $50,000. for injuries and loss of wages from my insurance company (yes I actually spent a few dollars a month to be protected by insurance). Did I sue the idiot kid who hit me? NO!!! Harden up you tosser!!!!

2010 days ago

Just call me trailer trash....

the only headlines this guy made were on TMZ or some other smut rag web site

$20mil.....I can't stop laughing.....loser, you sucked as much outta nicslut richie so guess you gotta find another way to butter that bread

2010 days ago

Just call me trailer trash....

he should have gotten that ugly mug fixed while he was getting "medical" attention

L*O*S*E*R

Al Baby

Should have Hired Sully to fly your ass around

Glenn

ummm 20 million.. he's crazy for that number...maybe he needs the money cause he hasn't made anything since he broke up with Nicole Richie..just using his accident for making money....he probably wont get that! I can see suing for a couple hundred thousand but 20 million is way too high and is taking advantage of the situation. I think Dj Sam Ronson took his buisness.

Shelly

I understand going after insurance companies and the actual company of the aircraft. But to go after the estates of the pilots is ridiculous. Those families lost their loved ones. Had the pilots all been under the influence and purposely negligent, it would be one thing. But come on, that is just wrong and greedy.

flowerchild

Terrible what he had to go through, but he should be thanking his Lord he is alive. Don't be so greedy. And I doubt he would have had that much in earnings.

BETTYB

Greed. Pure and simple! Instead of being thankful that he walked away with his life, he is just trying to grab as much cash as he can. Shouldn't tempt fate....next time maybe he won't be so lucky.

omg!omg!

i hope they take the money out of my paycheck every week to help pay for his lawsuit....
and yes iam sacastic

Sue

Everyone is Being so harsh! The TIRES ON THE PLANE WERE FAULTY AND THE OWNERS OF THE PLANE KNEW THIS, AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS YOU SUE FOR WAY MORE THAN YOU REALLY WANT. ANYONE WHO WAS THE VICTIM OF A COMPANYS NEGLIGENCE SHOULD SUE, AND THE VICTIMS FAMILIES SHOULD GET IN ON THE LAW SUIT. IF IT WAS PREVENTABLE, YES, DEFINTELY SUE THEM!

Sue

Where is eveyone getting the information that he is suing the FAMILIES of the Pilot???? I did not see this anywhere~!!!??? He is suing the company!

Wow

I think he's asking for so much so that it will be cut down to the amount he really wants - maybe 5 or 10 million. That's still a lot considering he lived. I'd expect that kind of cash for the pregnant widow of the assistant who died.

Sco

Wow. What ever happended to "Lucky to be alive". He is what's wrong with America. It is always somebody else's fault, huh? Can we sue him for his crappy DJ'ing and dumb name?

Joy

Report: Natasha Richardson Critically Injured in Ski Accident
photo_caption
(Splash )

Natasha Richardson, wife of actor Liam Neeson and daughter to legendary actress Vanessa Redgrave, has reportedly been injured while skiing in Canada.

IrishCentral.com is reporting that Richardson suffered a brain injury and is in critical condition at a Montreal hospital. She was gearing up to co-star with her mother in a Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music. No word on whether Neeson is by her side. Redgrave and Richardson most recently starred as mother and daughter in the film Evening, also starring Claire Danes and Toni Collette.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments