Jackie Mason -- How Dare You Say I'm Racist

3/16/2009 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Jackie Mason was pissed Sunday as he left a gig in New Jersey, in the wake of criticism that he was wrong to have called President Barack Obama a "schwartza."

play video
TMZ posted a story yesterday about Mason's performance Thursday at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in NYC. He referred to the Prez as a "schwartza" -- the literal translation in Yiddish is "Black" -- but some say it's a disparaging reference to African Americans, akin to the "N" word.

Mason repeated his frustration -- he believes "White people have no freedom of speech." He also says there's a complete double standard -- that Chris Rock can trash whites without apology or criticism.

sandrawinfrey@comcast.net

Bi-racial? You must be 12 years old, he is a black man, we do not associate our race be skin color; we come in a rainbow of shades unlike you. Race is derived from blood heritage, even if one parent is white or even part white, the child is black. Try reading, education is an amazing thing, the dilutes stupidity.

Tired of Idiots

Bama Girl - So, it was appropriate and not an insult for you to call
me "angry black"? Was I supposed to get YOUR point after YOU labeled
ME? Who is really talking out of both sides of her mouth? :)

If you hadn't directed your post at me the way that you did then you
wouldn't have been talked to the way that I talked to you.

Again, work on your reading comprehension. I never said I was a
spokeperson. I thought it was obvious that I was stating my own
opinion - but I'll make it easy for you so that you don't have to
guess.

The thoughts and feelings expressed within any post are those of
"You've got to be kidding" and may or may not be the views of any
"group" be it race, religion, ethnicity or gender that "You've got to
be kidding" may belong to. :)

And no, I'm not better than you because I am from NY. I consider
myself from Georgia (been here a long time) which is why I made the
Alabama references. I only noted my NY heritage to explain my
familiarity with yiddish.

Never was a fan of Maya

@ Posted at 3:32PM on Mar 16th 2009 by Quetou

Hate speach is not protected by the first amendment. Just so you know.

Lee

You've got to be kidding
No I wasn't trying to define black culture at all but I can see why you may think that I was. Wasn't my intention partner. The differences in our cultures actually does hurt me in some cases. If you want to know I'll tell ya but there's so much anger on this blog as it is I don't want to stir anymore up. I'm glad you think that Americans will live in harmony in the future but I just don't see it. Here's my opionion, which isn't worth much, but it comes from the heart. TO ME and again my own perception I view blacks as an angry, loud, and sometimes racist culture. That doesn't mean I hate blacks because I most certainly don't. I would befriend any black/white/yellow/purple person that I could talk to and relate with. I don't put much in a persons skin color because you can be a total ass regardless of your skin color. I can also see the other side of the coin as well. I'm sure there are a great many things that blacks hate about whites and I'm sure they lump all whites into ONE group but not necessarily MEANING the entire group. I also don't agree with a culture having their own tv stations or colleges or whatever. I feel that further separates us as Americans. There was a need for those things as little as 30 years ago BUT I don't feel like that's the case in this country anymore. We have to move on people and do the best we can with what we have.

Never was a fan of Maya

@ Posted at 5:07PM on Mar 16th 2009 by Dr. DMgemini63

Speaking of educating oneself... Obama, is mulatto.

TheMan

Oh the poor black people, everyone's always picking on them...WAAAAA! WAAAAA! STFU!!!!!!!
Bunch of self indulgent cry babies. If you got it so damn bad, go back to Africa.
"Oh that's right you've never been, or lived, what you cling so true too."
A true African "from Africa not the U.S.A.", would laugh and mock you, your spoiled and act like the whole world owes you!
Quit crying about your pathetic lives, and do something with yourselves.
Besides always looking for pity, and excuses. I'm so sick of the double standard blacks play on whites.
Take the bone out of your nose, and evolve like everyone else.

Tired of Idiots

@ Whatever. I really wish that we could talk offline. I would just say like to say this. Continue to challenge yourself on your views of Black people. Think about historical factors that lead to black colleges and black tv stations. Those things were born out of neccessity because we were not permitted to attend white colleges and univerisites or be shown on TV in the way we wanted/needed to be shown. Not that BET has done much better than any mainstream station. Today HBCUs (HISTORICALLY Black Colleges and Univeristies) do not serve THAT purpose, but they serve a PURPOSE. Also, they are private institutions that ANYONE can attend regardless of skin color.

Again, other ethnicities have tv stations, news papers, websites - yet that seems to be ok. I also find it interesting that your focus is largely on black people/groups/organizations without mention of the KKK, white supremacists groups or exclusive country clubs which all still exist today.

I guess we can just agree to disagree. :)

Steph

You've got to be kidding....
You're right, I probably shouldn't have said that ...my bad. My point on this whole drama, is that there is absolutely a double standard in America today regarding race. Period!

Lee

You've got to be kidding
I guess the reason I don't see the need for BET or the Miss Black America Pageant is because I grew up on the Jeffersons. Hell I missed a lot of school growing up because it didn't come on till 11pm. Still love that show. Anyhow, I grew up on the Jeffersons, Welcome back Carter, Sanford and Son, the Cosbys, the Fresh Prince, etc.etc. Those shows did great and were on for a very long time. They weren't on that long because only blacks were watching them but because across the board people of all color loved them and watched them religiously. Colleges that sway more to the side of a certain demographic isn't fair in my eyes either. Again I can see the need for them back in the day but not today. Not anymore. Oh and the Miss Black America Pageant!! Seriously?? I've seen some BEAUTIFUL black women that could put to shame a lot of white women. I feel like it takes away from them by having their own personal Pageant. They can measure up next to any other women in this country.

lls

you've got to be kidding ~ I am so damn tired of hearing the word "klansman" in reference to whites when, you don't like what that person has said! Please STFU! When you say sh!t like that, you only show just how ignorant you are..............I live in the south, I am 52 years old and have NEVER laid eyes on a f!cking klansman.

Rolando

You tell em' JACKIE!!! You're AWESOME!

Rolando

JACKIE you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolando

Let me ask you fakes out there ...What happened to FREEDOM of speech for ALL. Jackie Mason can say whatever he wants just like you and me can.

Rolando

Jackie Mason for PRESIDENT!

Rolando

Yes. JACKIE MASON is my PRESIDENT!