Jackie Mason -- How Dare You Say I'm Racist

3/16/2009 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Jackie Mason was pissed Sunday as he left a gig in New Jersey, in the wake of criticism that he was wrong to have called President Barack Obama a "schwartza."

play video
TMZ posted a story yesterday about Mason's performance Thursday at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in NYC. He referred to the Prez as a "schwartza" -- the literal translation in Yiddish is "Black" -- but some say it's a disparaging reference to African Americans, akin to the "N" word.

Mason repeated his frustration -- he believes "White people have no freedom of speech." He also says there's a complete double standard -- that Chris Rock can trash whites without apology or criticism.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

len

Mia,reread your post. It not only did you not make a sense. You have made a significant error. I will not point it out to you. It will entertain me greatly, knowing how absolutely ignorant you are, & how you have exhibited this to the general public.,with your post.

1983 days ago

len

Doomsbudgie.......Your slip of the tongue...very telling. Reflection of you, Is that how you really feel........ Racist? Let me reiterate that part of your comment: it is okay to to use derogatory terms,..{& here is the punchline.} against Jews. Not what you planned to say, was it.???? But that is what came out. You reflect your feelings, your racism extemely well. You disgust me. You are a classic......................Piece of sh-t.

1983 days ago

Bill Church

Jackie Mason is a racist. Is that the same as calling Kobe Bryant a rapist? It must suck being black in America. Everyone calling them the N word. Wait, I forgot actually black people call each other that word. Telling everyone that they are proud to be black. Hey, I'm proud to be white. Woop's, I'm not allowed to say that because I could be branded with that R word.
Jackie stand your ground, Don't let the black racist's like Jesse Jackson and Reverend Ale bring you down.
Is it Racist to say that most murders in the U.S. are black men killing black men. Is it racist to say that if your black and doing very well in school the other black kids call you an Uncle Tom or a sell out?

My Baby Mama is actually my wife...

Because I wrote these things, I am probably a racist. I do think OJ did it, that also probably makes me a racist.

If the Dreaded "N" Word (Afraid to actually write the word, they might call me a racist) is so terrible and insulting, why do so many people of color call each other that word? This "Whitey" still hasnt figured out that one.

This race thing has gotten crazy. Kramer, Imus, and now Jackie.

1983 days ago

train

One person wrote that "white people are the majority." Well my friend, thats wrong. whites are not the majority. The white Man is the NEW minority. I was called a racist at work because I wouldn't vote for Obama. I was accused of NOT voting for him because he was black. I'm a Republican. I got my a** ripped because I called a black man a racist because the only reason he was voting for Obama WAS because Obama was black. The new minority, white men, are still being blamed for everything from slavery to blacks killing blacks for drug money. Whites are restricted from using some words while blacks, latino's, arabs can talk freely about anything they want. Am I a racist? Everyone is to some extent. Oh, by the way, my future son in law, a very,very nice young man, whom we think the world of is ,,,of all things,,, black.

1981 days ago

Ed Blake

Jackie is correct. There is so much two face nonsense in this country when it comes to race, it is a joke in itself.

Pryor, Rock or any black comedian can make fun of whites, but never vice versa.

1978 days ago

moonray

Jackie Mason is absolutely right. He deserves freedom of speech as much as everyone else. Yet we all know that black people can say whatever they want and wear shirts that say 'black power' and that's okay---whereas, white people have to take extreme care to be politically correct all the time so that they're not sued for racism. This is nothing less than hypocrisy and I'm so sick and tired of hearing white people being branded the 'bad guys' all the time.

1976 days ago

Don't be stoopit, be a smarty

"At least everyone Handel offends gets an apology at the end of the show!"

An apology isn't something someone should just toss around like that to escape being held accountable for what they've done. If he uses an apology so flagrantly, I have to wonder how loose he is with his own morality when it comes to things like family, friends, and finances.

The privilege leaking from some of these commenters is just staggering.

Frances

Who cares about this old goat anyways!!!!! He always bored me and everyone anyway....his ways and ideas have long died out....now it's time to accept moving on

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15