Jackie Mason -- How Dare You Say I'm Racist

3/16/2009 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Comedian Jackie Mason was pissed Sunday as he left a gig in New Jersey, in the wake of criticism that he was wrong to have called President Barack Obama a "schwartza."

play video
TMZ posted a story yesterday about Mason's performance Thursday at Feinstein's at the Loews Regency in NYC. He referred to the Prez as a "schwartza" -- the literal translation in Yiddish is "Black" -- but some say it's a disparaging reference to African Americans, akin to the "N" word.

Mason repeated his frustration -- he believes "White people have no freedom of speech." He also says there's a complete double standard -- that Chris Rock can trash whites without apology or criticism.

Kevin

33. I didn't know they let jews in Wembley Stadium

Posted at 1:54AM on Mar 16th 2009 by peter stevens

Wow....what a comment....did you think of that all by yourself?

Never was a fan of Maya

@ 33. I didn't know they let jews in Wembley Stadium

Posted at 1:54AM on Mar 16th 2009 by peter stevens

They are making an exception for Jackie... he's that good

billyboyhere

Any black person that wants to take me on---guess what? I have an Ar-15...Ok? ANY Questions, come see me...

I am about sick of you all who want to act like, given you are but 12 percent of the population think you can knock out the rest of us---are you freaking nuts or what? Talk big, show your big shongs, but in the end there just is not enough of you to take us out...bring it on..you have no idea how many non black people are ready for you if you keep this nonsese up...go ahead, take a drive out to the country...aint a one of you will do it.

Theo

this guy is a has-been. i thought he was dead

Theo

i agree with #37. if any black guys who wants to 'show their big schlongs' should come see me too...

Never was a fan of Maya

Posted at 2:00AM on Mar 16th 2009 by Spanky

You know, I really hate to speak poorly of others (especially people I don't know) but, Spanky, something is wrong with you. Seek help.

ToyaG(T.O)

#37 what the hell are u talking about LMAO... Anyway I don't see what the big deal was (and I AM black)... but BOY WAS THAT VIDEO FUNNY LMAO THAT MAN BLEW UP OUTTA NO WHERE AND THAT REPORTER KEPT ME LAUGHING THE WHOLE TIME.

Mike

Jackie Mason is saying what's on everyone White persons' mind but can never say because all the black cry babies will come out wanting money for being hurt. They got their man in the White House and they're still crying. Are they every pleased and/or happy? Comics like Dave Chappelle, George Lopez and Carlos Mencia call white people every racist name in the book but all be damned if a White person do the same. So where's the real racism?

jeezlouise

Never was a fan of Maya

@ 42. Posted at 2:27AM on Mar 16th 2009 by sandy

Sandy, you and Spanky (post #37) would make THE perfect couple.

Theo

#42...yawn...you are a very boring lady.

Logan_LCS

From all of the comments on this site, racism is clearly a hot button issue and is very much a part of American society. For someone coming from the "white" race who has historically for the past 4-500 years been oppressing blacks, to come out and say whatever he wants about black people (especially the President of the United States) is just not clear thinking at best. If I as a black man came out and called Bernie Madoff a cracker on t.v. I think there would be the same reaction.

Logan_LCS

42. Obama is a racist, christian hating conman-call it what it is -His mother is White=Makes him a White guy-He is a sham and wants Blacks to stay on welfare and say thank you for the free food. Obama is probably a daily crack smoker- his whole staff is crooked. Its a complete fraud.Hope you like paying more and working more for less-Obama Idiots.

Him having a black father and white mother makes him bi-racial. If he had to fill out anything on a sheet it would be up to him. White people are the main recipients of welfare and white people as a whole have the highest percentage of their race on welfare. I believe blacks are actually 3rd behind hispanics. Look it up. Paying more what? Taxes? From someone who makes such ignorant comments I can't imagine you actually making enough money to get taxed to the point that it actually hurts you. You get a paycheck from a job and the texes they take out probably won't change

Joe

Schwartza isn't Yiddish.

It's German.

Mensch isn't Yiddish either.

It's German.

There is a BIG difference between true Yiddish and German.

Never was a fan of Maya

@ 45. If I as a black man came out and called Bernie Madoff a cracker on t.v. I think there would be the same reaction.

Posted at 2:56AM on Mar 16th 2009 by Logan_LCS

Well Logan_LCS, it would depend on the context in which you were speaking of Bernie Madoff. If you were using the term in a comedy act (as is the case with Jackie) I think you'd find there wouldn't be much ado about it at all.