Natasha Richardson Flown to New Hospital

3/17/2009 2:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha RichardsonUPDATE 2:00 PM ET -- The hospital tells TMZ Richardson is sedated and suffering from brain swelling -- but, contrary to some reports, is not brain dead. We can't confirm the accuracy of the hospital's statements, or the other reports circulating the web -- fact is, right now we just don't know.

UPDATE: 1:37 PM ET -- We're told Richardson's jet was scheduled to take off from Montreal-Trudeau Airport. A rep for the airport said the jet is either still there or has just taken off.

We're told Natasha Richardson has been transported from the hospital in Canada via ambulance. CTV says she boarded a private jet -- we do not know where the jet has gone, but we believe it's New York City.

Richardson was accompanied by a medic team for the flight.

Story developing ...

Courage

From what I've read of the accident - admittedly not too much - it doesn't sound to me as if the fall while skiing on a beginner's slope had anything to do with it. Sounds more like an anuerysm to me. I hope she recovers.

Debra Harris

Michael Madsen

IrishCentral.com has learned that famed actress Natasha Richardson, the wife of Irish superstar Liam Neeson, is being flown to a New York hospital. Richardson is fighting for her life after a skiing accident in the Quebec resort of Mont Tremblan. Sources say that the star, 45, suffered a "traumatic head injury" that was not at first apparent.
Neeson, who was filming in Toronto, flew to be at her bedside in Montreal.
Ski resort statement

A spokeswoman for the ski resort issued a statement today which said "Ms Richardson fell during a ski lesson but she didn't show any signs of injury. The ski patrol looked at her and reported that she was laughing and joking.
"'They told her to see someone but she insisted that she was fine and just wanted to go back to her room. The instructor and two members of the patrol accompanied her to her hotel room.
""She refused to see anyone and signed a paper saying she didn't want to see a doctor.
"After an hour or so she said she had a headache, then they called 911.
"She was not wearing a helmet. The law in Quebec does not require it but we always suggest it but cannot impose it," the ski resort said.

jessemosslover

I hope she'll be ok, She seems like a nice lady.

PerezSux

When will u people realize that Perez Hilton is a libelous sack of lying waste that should not be trusted. Do not patronize his site.

Lizz

Don't ever believe Perez Hilton stories!! Doesn't anyone else remember when he reported 9,285 times that Fidel Castro died???

maenad25

I heard from a source in the industry that she is being flown back so that her family can say goodbye before she is taken off life support. I hope it's not true. She's a terrific actress and it would be a great loss.

clam

She is a lovely actress and I wish to hell she recovers from this...love to you, Natasha.

megan

What a relief she only has brain swelling. People recover from that all the time. I'm glad TMZ found the truth. NY does have the best hospitals. They would not move her if she were that critical so I think she'll be fine.

Ooooo Noooo!

I'll bet she is being flown to New York for treatment because of the crappy Canadian medical system! Don't you all recall that their own minister of health flew to California for cancer treatment because of Canada's goofy socialized medical system? Keep this in mind when the Dems start yapping about "universal health care" all that means is health care rationing and Americans dying from crappy socialized medicine.

SuzyCreamCheese

Godspeed! I hope you are well soon!

Taylor

Come on TMZ.....get on this one. Several sites have different info. I"m more than willing to go with tmz on this one but you need to update.

Bisc

#94, I don't think you are remembering the "health minister" story correctly. I wonder if you can provide a cite for it?

Ms Richardson has most likely been flown to New York as that is where she and her family live.

Resiak

Who is she anyway?

Christina

Fox News just reported she was being flown to New York, is brain dead, and will be taken off life support...according to Fox News