Family: Natasha Richardson Is Dead

3/18/2009 8:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha Richardson Liam Neeson and his family have just released the following statement about the passing of Natasha Richardson:

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

Jim

What a tragedy. Obviously she was a great mother and wife and she will be missed by her family and fans. What a loss.

chromeheartsgirl

an innocent day of skiing

you never know when your time is up GOD BLESS her family and Liam

stopthepresses

I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. A tragedy is awful for everyone - but this family seemed so happy. She seemed to have such a wonderful marriage and family. I know they will miss her so much, and never get over it. My heart and prayers go out to them at this awful time. God Bless.

Michell

That is so sad. Any way you can put a nice pic of her up? Not understanding why you are using the one you guys are.

Stacya

So very sad...my thoughts and prayers go out to her family, especially her husband and children...

ALL DOGS CAN BITE

Everyone saying she should've went to the DR immediately need to shut up. She tumbled down a hill, didn't hit anyone or anything, and was talking and laughing for an hour when her head starting hurting. That's when the paramedics were called. It went real bad in only an hour. Who would think a tumble could kill you when you feel just fine afterward? I never would've thought I was hurt if I was her either. How many of us have fallen or hit our heads? Most people who are young, she was only 45, and in good health don't rush to the DR for everything that happens. I really wish she would've went now that this has happened, of course, but really who else would've went?

RIP Natasha you will be missed.

Money Talks

Can't stop crying. She had this terrible accident in my country which makes it doubly sad for me. As a mother my thoughts go to Ms. Vanessa Redgrave. How horrible to lose your child, in such a manner too. My deepest sympathy to her entire family. A most shocking death.

opi

Awful. I believe I saw her in one of her first roles, in a PBS Sherlock Holmes episode with Jeremy Brett. RIP. What a tragedy.

JB

What a terrible tragedy...I am so very sorry for Natasha Richardson's family. I can't imagine the grief that they are feeling now...She was such a bright, beautiful, talented woman...My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family at this terrible, terrible time. May God bless them all.

BC

How sad. And to think that she was walking and talking after her accident and nothing seemedwrong with her for a while. Never refuse medical treatment when a head injury is involved.

Magnolia

Peace be with you. My best friend's brother passed away just minutes ago, too. Natasha seemed like such a wonderful, genuine lady. May God bless the family - and hasten Jesus' return!

Jennifer

So very very very sad :

jerry

Incredibly Sad. So beautiful and talented.

Christine

My heart and thoughts go to her family. This is just terrible.

Miriam

Oh,oh, oh. I wish I could hug members of her family. Oh dear. What a terrible and tremendous loss. Love to Natasha 's family.