Family: Natasha Richardson Is Dead

3/18/2009 8:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha Richardson Liam Neeson and his family have just released the following statement about the passing of Natasha Richardson:

"Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time."

ln

TO NUMBER 2 (HOW APPROPRIATE) "JESUS" YOU ARE A SAD, SAD JERK....YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.....YOU HAVE MADE TERRIBLE NEWS EVEN WORSE.....GET SOME HELP.

Hyde30

This is so tragic. What a lovely, talented woman. One of the class acts of show business.

Winona

This is so sad!! I am shocked!

Fan of the Redgrave family

My heart is just breaking for Liam and those boys. You can see they were truly a couple in love. The sense of loss he is feeling has got to be gut-wrenching. Liam my thoughts are with you and yours. RIP Natasha....you were a wonderful actress, mother and wife.

Alex

RIP Natasha, my thoughts and prayers are with her family during a time no family should go through.

Rebecca

Am so shocked and upset. SHe seemed like such a lovely lady: my condolences to her family and loved ones. R.I.P.

me j

god bless

I agree with Dobbie

My heart is filled with sadness for her entire family. This is incredibly devestating. No one expects to lose their beloved at the age of 45 - too young - and definitely not the way she went. Very heartbreaking.

1941 days ago

Not sure about all of this

God bless her family, I will be praying for her husband and her beautiful children.

whatthefrig

The way I try to look at this is that she was so special that the good Lord just needed her in heaven with him.

AML

RIP. She was such a wonderfully gifted actor.

TMZ, I always like what you post - but why this picture of her? Can't you post a picture where she is at her most beautiful? Show her AND her family some respect, for god's sake! For the first time ever, I find tmz repulsive.

Froglevel

She seemed like such a very sweet lady.
RIP, Tasha. I loved to see you light up the screen -- you were truly full of light.

Dolly

How terribly sad. My thoughts go out to her family. They must be heartbroken.

Rebie Johnson

This is SO sad!!!! My prayers are with the family

Raven

Paramedics turned away in Richardson accident: official