« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Judge to Kobe: "Go Lakers!"

3/18/2009 7:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

kobe bryantKobe Bryant has just been excused from jury duty -- but the way it all went down is priceless.

When the Orange County judge questioned Kobe -- a candidate for jury service on a vandalism case -- TMZ was inside the courtroom and heard the following exchange take place:

Judge: "What do you do for a living?"
Kobe: "I play professional basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers"
Judge: "Go Lakers!"

Yes, that conversation actually happened. But there's more. When the judge asked Kobe why he thought he would be a "good juror," Kobe replied, "I'm a good listener."

Kobe was also asked about his relationship with the cops, to which Bryant replied, "My team of security guards are comprised mostly of police officers."

Though Kobe was among one of the last people to get excused, he was still in good spirits on his way out -- even signing an autograph on a shoe for a fan.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Disgusting

Man, that poor rape victim never had a chance. Even this guy's security team is all cops. Athletes are thugs. Never get in an elevator alone with an athlete, if they hurt you, you have no chance at justice. At least not in L.A.

Also, that judge was inappropriate and undignified.

Fabolous310

Kobe is the best player in the NBA and seems to have matured over the years. Things got shaky a few years ago, but now he's the man. The judge's response was priceless, ha ha. I bet the shoe Kobe signed was the judge's!

Bec

Woot.

Laughin' in Malibu

He performed better today than he did last night...must have been why he was so sharp in the courtromm...got alot of rest last night!

Switch

This is exclusive?

Venom

Rape my ass.
He is a good looking multi-millionaire basketball player.
They are hundreds of women looking to sleep with him at any given time.
When I go out with my neighbor who is an NBA player, they are 80 billion women throwing themselves at him and he is not that good looking.
You would be surprised what a Black Card and a Bentley will get you.

Upinyours

RAPIST MUDDYFUDGER!!!!!

Michael Graham

5. I can't leave Chris Brown alone because you're going to except a surf bored award from little kids that go through the same abuse you go through ,,,,,see I blame Viacom this !#$@? they own most of these so call Role models . They gave Kobe a surf bored after he payed a victim off ,they know if they have our children on T.V. Given these so called out stading Black folks a Gift 4 the hole World to see.Viacom owns BET also M.TV/ Nickalodien,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Michael Graham

Nick at Nights Golden Boy gets a surf board from children who cant pay bill but can vote for a raper ,and now an abuser WOW!!!!!,,,,,,what's Next .,,, Hay you payed Her off/and your wife 2,,i'm just sayin

Melaine Samson

Judge: "Do you rape?"
Kobe: "As often as I can."

MsDoloD81

Only in California...SMDH

the_turk

A start struck Judge in LA??? Come on...

Dirk Diggler

Woot! Go Lakers!

Michael Graham

I hate star struck justice systems there useless to no one but the stars

scissors