Richardson's Ambulance Ride Confirms Condition

3/18/2009 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha RichardsonTMZ has obtained information about Natasha Richardson's ambulance ride in New York to Lenox Hill Hospital -- she was "unconscious," her pupils "non-reactive," her skin was "pale" and she was suffering from "major head trauma."

We're told her husband Liam Neeson held her hand the entire time and caressed her face as he sat in silence.

We're also told when the plane landed in New Jersey, medics on board told members of the ambulance team that Richardson was "brain dead."

Story developing
...

Choppy McButtstink

This really sucks. Good woman and mother.

I also think that the Ski Instructor who stayed with her after the injury should be given a paid vacation somewhere. That guy had a lot of sense and foresight.

give me a break

What a tragic accident. Prayers go to the family.

88776655

These ambulance members who provided this information are going to be in big trouble. We have privacy laws in this country that protect people's medical information. TMZ shame on you for publishing it!!!

FRANNIE

HEARTBREAKING.......MY CONDOLENCES TO THE ENTIRE FAMILY....
THE PEOPLE SPILLING INTIMATE DETAILS SHOULD BE ON NOTICE THAT THEY ARE VIOLATING HER HIPAA RIGHTS!!!!!!!!

carriss

I know TMZ has to report on things, because that's what'cha do, but please try to remain sympathetic in your posts. This woman has two sons, and while they're not young, they're still kids, and still very much need their mother. I don't mind so much when you tease people like Brand Renfro, cause, lets be honest, he sorta had it coming. But she was just playing around, learning how to ski, maybe even for a movie role, and she falls and now she's in critical condition. I can only hope that she gets better, and can live at least a semi normal life once again.

blahblah1

How awful! Is everyone absolutely sure this is the right info? If you look on splashnews blog, they have pictures of her sons coming or going to see their mom, and they are smiling..I find it hard to believe no matter what, ifyour parent was brain dead as they say, the kids wouldn't be smiling would they?? Please check it out. I saw one new york paper yesterday said she was dead... so i sometimes wonder if any information is correct.

Wow

This makes me want to cry.

sickofKate

I hope the big mouth in the ambulance loses his or her job over this.

punchapap

Here we go...................time to sue the ski resort. It HAD to be their responsibility. I guess the snow was too slippery. Some how, some way we'll see a lawsuit. It's the American way.

momof3

This is profoundly heart-breaking. I cannot imagine talking to my significant other and then an hour later he is brain dead. This is so sad.

Me

I have been where her family is right now. All my thoughts are with them as they deal with what comes next.

wilsonmc3

To GAD, this was a classic epidural hematoma. No preexisting condition necessary. Very tragic and very deadly. There is always a period of lucidity before symptoms set in.

Rita

#13 you're so right. Come on, TMZ, we know you need to give details, but please show some class this time and stop the sensationalism. Try to put yourselves in this family's place and treat them as you'd want YOUR family to be treated.
God bless the family....thoughts and prayers.

who has the facts? ME

I actually think TMZ handled this story alot better than other news outlets yesterday...
My heart goes out to Liam and her precious boys. I lost my Dad at age 11 and losing a parent when you are a kid is something that affects the rest of your life...you never get over it.
Hug your family, stop judging, and realize that ANYONE's life can be snatched in an instant -- that is the lesson we should be taking from this sad, tragic situation. My thoughts go out to the family.

sickofKate

Good grief TMZ! She's BEAUTIFUL...put a better picture up!!!