Richardson's Ambulance Ride Confirms Condition

3/18/2009 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Natasha RichardsonTMZ has obtained information about Natasha Richardson's ambulance ride in New York to Lenox Hill Hospital -- she was "unconscious," her pupils "non-reactive," her skin was "pale" and she was suffering from "major head trauma."

We're told her husband Liam Neeson held her hand the entire time and caressed her face as he sat in silence.

We're also told when the plane landed in New Jersey, medics on board told members of the ambulance team that Richardson was "brain dead."

Story developing
...

Maryanne

My heart absolutely breaks for Liam Neeson and their boys. I lost my husband many years ago to illness. He was cut down in his youth and I still miss him 20 years later. God willing and with many prayers, Natasha will pull through. You have the whole world to support, comfort, and love you.

towelie

Another reminder of how fragile human life can be. Be good to each other kids, because nobody knows for sure, for whom the bell will toll next.

Fee

So tragic and shows how fragile life is. My prayers are with her family and I hope the media gives her family privacy and respect. Show you at least have some morals.

Kimberly Guenther

HEART BREAKING...and sad...Brings me back to the Sonny Bono tragic day...AND to you chatters saying shes not that big of actress, A nobody ON ALL THE SITES.. grow up... pPPSSs Lets all in her memory wear the hemets made for whatever sport playing...So many persons and children die yearly with no helmet or protection.

jjgidds

This breaks my heart - I can't imagine how her family will make it through...

PR

So very sad. People in their NYC neighborhood have said Natasha and her family were very unassuming, sweet people. My heart goes out to them.

Frozenwilly

So sad..I always have had a crush on her..

Richard

Bless the ambulance team members who blabbed. Otherwise we wouldn't know these tender, delicious details.

JustDucky

Thank you TMZ for updating Ms Richardson's photo.

I am forever the optimist and hoping Natasha Richardson can recover from her injury.

Sending positive thoughts & prayers!

jcc

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. What a horrible, horrible tragedy.

judy

TV news is reporting that family says Richardson is brain dead but hospital has not confirmed.

Arkangel Trujillo

skiing is very dangerous my ex broke some rips doing so and my cousin lost control and "slid into a tree" he isnt with us anymore so yes it can be very dangerous if you dont have control I really hope everything turns out ok.

Common Tater

There seems to be a lot of discussion about how she may have happened to fall. If you've ever been on skis you would know that, especially if you are a beginner, they can just slide out from under you. If you lose your footing your body won't fall with you having much control because you are strapped onto these BOARDS! So, I wasn't there, can't say what happened, but do know that it is possible to fall while learning on the bunny slope and knock yourself bad enough to cause serious head injury. I would not think that most skiers would wear helmets, either.

mamazeppster

Oh dear...... We love this family and hope they are given peace and time to heal. Blessings to Natasha and her family. Not in a million years would you expect this to happen........ Appreciate what you have as it can change in a miniscule moment...... xoxoxox

Realitycheck

For those so inclined, the Power of Prayer can help in this devastating time for all involved. God Bless to each and everyone touched by this horrific tragedy.