'Runway' Star

Jailed for

Cat-astrophic Assault

3/18/2009 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0318_kenley_collins_ex_getty-1One of the most memorable -- and hated -- finalists from "Project Runway" is behind bars right now for allegedly fashioning a weapon out of a living, breathing, meowing cat ... and firing it at her ex-fiance!

Kenley Collins -- the trash-talking, third place loser from P.R. Season 5 -- was arrested in a Brooklyn home early yesterday morning, after the D.A. claims she attacked her sleeping ex-fiance with anything she could get her hands on -- including a cat, a laptop, several apples and finally ... water. It's like a design challenge turned violent!

It's unclear what started the fight, but according to legal papers Kenley told her ex, "You're lucky ... it could've been a lot worse."

Kenley was arrested and charged with six crimes -- including 2nd degree assault, 3rd degree assault and criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree.

No word on when Kenley is set to be released from jail.

Rocker

I live in Fort Lauderdale and slept with this girl a few times when we were around 20 years old. She was annoying as hell back then too but I had ways to keep her quiet.

2042 days ago

ok

he should have punched the crazy hag in her face. if you throw a cat at somebody, that cat is going to land on you with its claws out. that had to hurt. and she did it while he was sleeping, thats just dirty.

2042 days ago

Bethsoda

I'm not applauding the fact that she threw a cat, but really, has anyone thought that perhaps, although her behavior was bad, maybe this was just a bad fight and the boyfriend wanted to punish her so he called the police and had her arrested on assualt charges. I mean, she shouldn't have done that to that cat, but how exactly do you use a cat as a weapon? And Apples and water? What, she threw and apple or two at him - maybe she missed, maybe she didn't, the cat scratched him 'cause it was freaked out at being thrown and she dumped water over his head? I highly doubt she was employing waterboarding or any other form of water based torture. I'm just saying, Chris Brown beat up his girlfriend, maybe he is all bruised and battered but I'm guessing it's more likely he's just angry and now is laughing at her because he got her in trouble and all over the internet!

2042 days ago

dino

never even saw her, don't care, but "Celebrity Justice" is a contradiction of terms.

2042 days ago

erinr

I still love Kenley, maybe even more now, she doesn't take crap from anybody! I wonder what he did to deserve it, he must've done something really Really bad. Also, what was the weapon? the cat?

2042 days ago

Kelley

NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT EXACTLLY HAPPEN!!!! YOUR ALL SAD

2042 days ago

Kenleyfanforsure

Kenley had enough of her loser ex sucking her dry. That deadbeat was trying to live off her success. Too bad Mr. Penley couldn't make it in the big apple so he got some tossed at him boo-hoo. Thank God you didn't Marry that loser Kenley because Kenley Penley is not such a great name for someone who does know fashion! Just look around people at all the brightly colored florals this spring people!!! Not too many people looking for snoozing pleats from Leann from what my sources say. Keep your chin up Kenley!

2042 days ago

kj

This salacious story is just too good to be true! I'm not an advocate of any kind of violence (especially when an innocent pet is involved) - but I would like to hold my judgement until ALL sides are heard. Yes, Kenley was brash and obnoxious on the show - that was part of her bitchy charm! I'll bet there is much more to this story......

2041 days ago

JR

Does anyone really care if some nut job from some forgettable reality show gets arrested for attacking her ex-boyfriend with a cat? I know I don't. Reality Shows are for the those of you who have no life!!!

2039 days ago

Kristophe

Don't believe she did it as severe as her ex-boyfriend claims, I still like her and think she's a hottie.

1975 days ago