Mario Van Peebles Floored By Lawsuit

3/19/2009 7:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mario Van PeeblesActor Mario Van Peebles isn't stable -- well, his floor wasn't stable, according to a new lawsuit.

Adel Bebaway claims she bought Mario's condo on the beach in Playa del Rey back in 2007 for $1.375 mil, only to find later that the floor sloped like a mutha. Adel says the "Damages" star and his realtor lied about its condition during the sale.

In the suit, Adel also claims she found significant mold in the bathroom -- which Mario also neglected to mention.

As for Peebles' property company -- the best name ever ... "Mayamakaylomandela Properties" ... common spelling.

The suit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, seeks unspecified damages.

Calls to Peebles' peoples have not been returned.

Buck Ofama

WHO????
NEVER HEARD OF HIM...

Buck Ofama

AND WHY IS THIS NEWS?????????????

Wow.

If you were going ot spend $1.375 mil on a condo, wouldn't you have a very thourough inspection done? Dumb bitch...

UGGGGHHH

he knew all along . MOLD is deadly. I hope she sues the pants off of this JERK.

!!

Post # 3 -
I agree with you!

The dumbazz should have had an inspection!

chris

Their are inspectors that you can hire to make sure that the house you want to buy is 100%. Gee! I think I might just trust a celebrity. He probably put on the best acting of his life to sell that crap hole to sell to her. I don't think she will win her lawsuit. She should have hired an inspector!

Kay

Didn't he get the place inspected? That's earthquake country. Things move!

h20

It took her two years to figure out the floor slopes and there is mold in the bathroom? That's why you have an inspection done. When you sign off at closing, that's when you bring issues up.

Zen Grouch

How f***ed up do you have to be, to stand on a "floor sloped like a mutha"...

...and not notice for a year or two?

TMZ hits a new low

To all who even care and no, this story isn't news: you as a buyer have a certain degree of responsibility for inspecting your home. Mold? Where? Behind the walls where no one can see it? Or visible on the surface? Either way, Mario is not responsible unless he withheld mold remediation work information from the buyer. Like, he has knowledge of mold and subsequent receipts of work he had done, that he withheld that purposely. Doubtful. And here's a tip to all buyers: roll a marble on the floor to test levelness. Mario isn't responsible for a slope! Did he try to hide that? How stupid. Christ, figure stuff out people. What a horrible, litigious society we live in. I am sure it's going to be tossed out.

m dennings

Yeah - she's a loser. Who would miss a sloping floor? As far as mold, her home inspector would have found it. If she can find mold how did the inspector miss it? Another frivolous California lawsuit. Actors are people too and wouldn't want to be around mold any more than you and I. It's a fixable problem so I think she's full of BS.

renelle

HELLO! Can you say property inspection BEFORE the closing? DUH Dumbass

Now what now?

Clearly I have been taken for a ride. During the contract stage of both of my home purchases I was responsible for having the home inspected at my expense and it was mandatory. The previous owner didn't have to advise me of jack. Is it done differantly in Cali?

Howard Robard Hughes IIV

Is IT or him for sell it all sounds so,,yummie.Is it on the beach?

whatever

This is a dumb lawsuit - if you are going to buy a home that expensive (or any home for that matter), get an inspection done!!! It's their own fault for not having one done, or at least not having one done by someone who knows wat they are doing!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments