Tom Hanks Flips Out

3/19/2009 5:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The patron saint of Hollywood, the almighty Tom Hanks, finally broke from his good guy image and exhibited some edge by giving photographers the finger in Brentwood yesterday. Does he hold his Oscars with that hand?!

This picture has been rated R for strong language.Launch Photos

Elvis

He's tired of being stalked.

CoolGirl2008

Thank you Tom! I think that one is for Harvey.

Been away in the Bahamas, but it looks you guys are now catering to the over-450 pound crowd.

Hoe your parents are proud of you!

henry leed

Maybe Tom Hanks can take up snow skiing...I hear there's a great
beginner's slope up in Quebec, Canada.

yessi

I love TOM HANKS but not as much as I love GEORGE CLOONEY, the difference GEORGE HAS CLASS, I cannot imagine GEORGE doing that. He will probably wave..
But realistic speaking it is hard to be a movie start but this comes with the job and have some class TOM. It is about you when THEY are taking the picture why so ANGRY.... just live life with a smile in your face... LET IT BE... like the song, unless of course they are getting on top of your car then you just tell them to get off.. Blessings, TOM

anonymous

He is rude!!!!

starr

Momma always said to flip off the paparazzi

Cass

Celebs want to do well in their FIELD which is acting...old schooler's like Tom Hanks do at least. It's only in recent years we've become so obsessed with fame that reality shows have taken over and it seems anyone can be a star whether they have talent or not.

Tom Hanks is a well respected actor and I applaud him giving the finger to these low class picture takers (I can't call them photographers because it would be giving them too much credit).

oL0

I agree with number 32

Nuts

Just when you believe someone has class they prove you wrong.Oh no you say hes cool.NO hes an idiot.

diana

He's just ticked off 'cause he's old and fat. His hey-day is over. And I used to really love his movies......

word !

AWSOME !!! You go hank !

Zen Grouch

Surely you guys aren't complaining...

...at least he spelled your name right.

Todd Lee

Well done, Mr. Hanks!! im sure one of your jerk off photographers were running around sticking cameras in his face, and not leaving the guy alone. I would have done the same thing. Its funny hot TMZ always make it like they are the victims with thier "that wasn't nice" routine, all the while harrassing someone to the brink of insanity instead of saying "we bugged this celebrity so much that they had to break down and give us the finger...............POOR POOR TMZ, YOU ARE DEFINATELY THE VICTIMS IN ALL OF THIS!!

Michael Madsen

Tom's got a one hole bowling ball at home.

ps.

SHanks is vile. His public personna is just that ... have you noticed junior has a lovely demeanor?
Money can't buy you humility.
How be we return the one-gun-salute when his next moo-vie comes out?

Rock

This picture has been rated r for rude. There is such a thing as composure Mr. Hanks. That's why I go to church on Sunday's. I need all the spiritual help I can get, especially with the world and the seperation of God's word from the world such as actions as you produce in that picture. You need to ask yourself if your children saw that picture, would they approve?