Tom Hanks Flips Out

3/19/2009 5:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The patron saint of Hollywood, the almighty Tom Hanks, finally broke from his good guy image and exhibited some edge by giving photographers the finger in Brentwood yesterday. Does he hold his Oscars with that hand?!

This picture has been rated R for strong language.Launch Photos

john q pubic

Tom Hanks is a washed up has been. He used to be able to act, now he just sucks!, I am surprised that TMZ wasted ANY time on him, I wouldn't have wasted the space on my memory card. What a LOSER.

spogo

Great I am glad he did it Its just a shame he didnt bust your jaw. You people are vultures and pigs your boss harvey being the bigest

john q pubic

that is a small middle finger. Was it cold? or had he been swimming :)

Sharona

Hey TMZ - what did you do to deserve getting flipped off by Tom Hanks, a man who is generally gracious to the press? Stick a camera (or a dozen) in his face and ask him "how ya doin' about Natasha's untimely death?"

Nance

Just took Tom Hanks off my list of decent people

upland Bob

Hanks needs the publicity, his career is almost over, he looks terrible, and he is full of himself. Go TMZ!

friend

turn that finger back at yourself Hanks. Nice obama endorsement jerk!

Jack

wow you must be a real duche bag, to get tom hanks to flip you off.
this is almost as funny as sarah silverman blowing that airhorn in BIG Red's face

Chris

I'm so disappointed. I always thought he was such a class act, but this one small action has completely changed my mind about him. Such a small thing, but so tacky and utterly beneath him (or so I thought). What a letdown. White trash, just like the rest of them.

Tito

Am really surprised by him lately. He is not the nice guy I thought he was.

Linda Mott

Tom that's not nice to do to your fans. You alienated the Catholic Church, the Protestant Church and your TMZ fans. I guess liberal thinkers can get away with anything in Hollywood.

poormsw

GO TOM GO!!!

mm

I'd flip you off, too.

yowza

Ya, I love it when celebs flip off the paparazzi. Those rude cameramen deserve it.

PolarBear

That's an ancient secret gesture indicating that it's "only 17 hours before Random Coffee Shop Apple Strudel Taste Test Visitation Day" and no doubt Hanks found out about that while filming Angels and Demons. It's a simple gesture, but a good one, from approximately 9700 BC.

For more information about gestures from secret societies related to spontaneous activities, go to a bakery and make some up. That's the way they always did it. Have some coconut macaroons while you're at it.